[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Elitedesks worth it? You can buy them now for around 200$,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: EliteDesk.jpg (85KB, 750x397px) Image search: [Google]
EliteDesk.jpg
85KB, 750x397px
Are Elitedesks worth it?

You can buy them now for around 200$, fully loaded with Haswell i7s, 8GB RAM, etc. Might be cool to run Linux on desu.
>>
>HP
it's garbage
>>
>>62471172
Not the business stuff
>>
>>62471172
/thread
>>
>200$
where
>>
>>62471142
bump, I might use this as a temp pc
>>
File: hp-sucks-e1333196120393.jpg (17KB, 240x231px) Image search: [Google]
hp-sucks-e1333196120393.jpg
17KB, 240x231px
I've learned to never buy anything from HP, everything they sell is shit.
>>
>>62471235
>>62471172

>people not realizing HP makes decent business hardware
>>
I would say yes, and most likely. Only thing that would be questionable is if the power supply or other hardware components are proprietary or not. This is the case with many Dell branded business boxes and workstations.

Anyway generally the case is off lease corporate equipment is a very good value and deal. Easy to service, good hardware, and worthy of an investment of a few small upgrades to make a good pc for many uses (games, virtual machines, art editing etc.) for very cheap.
>>
uh
>>
>>62471275
the fuck?
>>
>>62471275
thanks doc
>>
A new Haswell i7 would probably set you back more than the machine so why not?
>>
>>62471142
Definitely, if you *actually* will use it.
>>
>>62471254
shhhhh quiet
>>
>>62471142

that hardware for 200 bucks? thats pretty good. you can also expand ram to 16gb and put a msi 750 ti in it(with the half height bracket) also its a business pc instead of consumer crap. to me its worth it
>>
>>62471142
If you do decide to get one and want two NVS310 for four DP outs buy an ED800G1, if you don't need that, buy a G2.
G2s have a fucknasty problem with two GPUs every now and again on boot that can (1) make it not initialize any and all USB controllers, (2) not display anything at all until you unplug all dGPUs and boot to BIOS on via onboard VGA, shut it down and put in the dGPUs or (3) a combination thereof hanging on a blackscreen for 30s to a minute not recognizing anything USB and then magically booting as if it was the most normal thing in the world.
I experienced this shit deploying a few hundred of the 2xGPU G2s. Never happened with a single GPU or a G1 with either one or two GPUs.
No experience with the G3 model yet, though.
>>
>>62471142

Yeah but it's HP though, just throw it in the garbage.
>>
>>62474762
Hi there underage child who have never used HP business line PC at work.
Those are very reliable and have nothing in common with consumerist HP garbage which falls apart within 2 years.
>>
>>62471142
Don't know what jew countries you guys live in. _Literary_ the same ones are going for 50€ here.
>>
>>62471254
Some people never had a real job and tried the good shit
>>
>>62471172

Higher quality than 80% of built stuff.
>>
>underpowered psu
>proprietary connectors
They're fine for business use but shit for gaming/power users etc.
>>
>>62475564
>_Literaryily_
ftfy
>>
>>62471275
>GRC
>>
>>62471142
except HP sucks
>>
>>62471172
Got a few HP Compaq Elite 8000 Desktop's, one of the only system's not affected by the IME vulnerability kek
>>
>>62473261
>>62475954
it doesn't matter anyone who has over $1000 to spend on a laptop is getting a mac and not a fucking hp business laptop even if they're better.
>>
>>62471235
I can't imagine HP being worse than Acer.
>>
Never used the business ones but there consumer shit is terrible like laptop's
>>
>>62471254
Even their business hardware is shit. For the most part on the software/firmware part, though.
>>
>>62471142
Probably not. I'd just buy a Fujitsu Esprimo D myself. They have them at my university and they seem pretty reliable.
>>
>>62479221
Only if they're a dumb normie.
>>
>>62479701
>laptop
ALL laptops are shit.
>>
>>62471142
Yes. We use these at work. Low turnover rate compared to the dell's we used to deploy.
>>
i got one of these for $100 bucks (i7 4xxx, 8gbs ddr3, 500gb hdd, dvd burner) im probs going to strip it down, and sell the barebones, HP sucks ass but their elitebooks are more or less ok for the normies.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.