[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know what connects to this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

Anyone know what connects to this?
>>
>>62470945
cables
>>
Jumper cables
>>
looks like cheap speaker clip hookup for left/right surround/back channels in a 4/5.1 surround amp
>>
The copper part of the cable, without the plastic
>>
>>62470945
Cat6e ethernet
>>
>>62470945
are you 10 y old?
>>
>>62470945
You drill out the holes that youre gonna use and then screw the wire in
>>
>>62470945
Speakers. Presumably left and right surround.
>>
OP is clearly underage and should be banned for violating rules.
>>
Presumably a speaker looks like the left and right surround sound speakers. I supposed the labels weren't obvious enough.
>>
>>62471380
Now let's not jump to conclusions, it's very possible he's just a stupid adult.
>>
>>62470945
the cables, obviously, but those don't have plugs to connect, its just naked wire, so you press down those 'buttons' and the little hole will open, then you stick the naked cable (just the wires, without the cover) inside of that.
>>
>>62470945
no no no anon
you pull one of those levers back and put your tiny little fucking dick in it and cut the little fucker off
>>
>>62470945

j-jam that copper part of the cable in and then close it up
>>
>>62471510
raw metal wires, sometimes i had to shave off plastic to get to the fresh metal. i remember this.
>>
Banana plugs are for losers.
>>
File: IMG_6139.jpg (124KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6139.jpg
124KB, 682x1024px
>>62470945
This
>>
>>62473824
"pretends to notice the sound quality improvement".
>>
>>62473357
banana plugs are great
>>
>>
>>62470945

is that a speaker ? centre or front ?

might be some some flaky phase based surround...

you can create a very basic analogue surround by putting things 90 degrees out of phase and subbtracting left and right...ignore at all costs

need more pictures fag
>>
>>62470996
>>62474111
these guys have it right

I must say, I've only seen this setup once in my life and that was back in the 90s. is it still in use out there, or is OP's stuff vintage?
>>
>>62474378
perfectly normal for any higher-end speakers, but even cheaper ones
>>
>>62474404
Cheapers ones, exactly, high-end ones don't use those.
>>
>>62474281
there are 2 speaker cables that connect to 2 speakers in the ceiling. They aren't powered though, so I'm guessing it needs an amp
>>
>had a little hifi system
>sounded like ass, like half the sound was missing
>for years assumed it had just shat the bed
>turns out the previous owner had jammed some of the cables so deep the copper wires weren't actually making contact
How foolish I was, they actually sound pretty decent now
>>
>>62471415
Lets not jump to conclusions here. She/He could simply be ignorant of the workings of speaker wire.

Being ignorant is vastly different from being stupid.
>>
>>62475521
Yes they do
>>
Just use coathanger wire.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.