[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what am i doing wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: nofunny.jpg (14KB, 288x321px) Image search: [Google]
nofunny.jpg
14KB, 288x321px
been applying to SE jobs since before may and havent been able to land a single interview.ive dont maybe more than 20 apps a month and more in some months, still nothing

I have a few projects on my git and point them out on my resume.

any advice?
>>
>>62470786
Where are you located?

Did you do any internships?

What kind of projects are on your GitHub?
>>
>>62470786
Post your resume.
>>
>>62471135
major city in the US,
no
a school project and a small website
>>
>>62471854
Ok.. Define "Major City". Like San Francisco? NYC? Or do you mean some bumblefuck city in the midwest?

What is the school project? What is the small website? Are they technically interesting projects, or something that anyone could build?

You didn't do internships which was a mistake so now you need another avenue to stand out which is why I'm asking about the GitHub projects.

Did you major in CS? Was it from a good university or a state school?
>>
>>62472367
>apply to 40 internships in school, get 0
>"you didn't do internships which was a mistake"
>get a 3.8 GPA
>"you didn't get a high enough gpa"
>have several projects on github
>"you don't have any technically interesting projects under your belt"
>have past work experience in the field with professional references
>"you didn't make enough connections in the industry"
>apply to entry level software engineering or development jobs for $35k a year
>"you're not good enough"
>don't live in california because currently looking for work and can't afford living in that god-awful cunt state
>"you're not making enough of an effort, pull yourself up by your boostraps like I did"

>Oh by the way we need to import like 5,000,000 h-1b visa employees because american graduates aren't good enough :^)

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>62472423
be urself bro
>>
>>62472423
>apply to 40 internships, get 0
>"must be because im super smart but nobody gets me"
>have several hello world and fizzbuzz projects on github
>"I'm really smart, everyone will want to hire me now!"
>have past work experience and yet still nobody refers or hires you
>"Must be all of those indian H1-Bs that are holding me back"
>Too lazy move where the jobs are
>"Why aren't the companies coming to me???"
>Playing video games and browsing /g/ complaining making excuses for myself
>"Why doesn't anyone hire me. It's so unfair out there :^("
>>
>>62472679
>reduce everyone having trouble finding a position to 'retard with a diploma level' talent
>try to cry yourself to sleep because you don't even work in tech
>start typing out a reply to this post about how you work as a 'software dev' or 'devops engineer' due to insecurity

lmao senpai
>>
>smoke poo every day.
>>
>>62470786
Do a mock interview with someone. Some schools have career services that will do a test interview with you and record it. I saw I sounded like a monotone serial killer because my nerves fucked with me. If it's not at your school, it's worth every penny to find a good professional to do this with you
>>
Change your resume name to Laqueefah Gonzales-Greene, paint yourself black & wear fake tits.
>>
op,

May I present the caliber of people you're speaking with here >>62476906
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.