[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fucking...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1294595527480.png (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1294595527480.png
51KB, 500x500px
Ok arch linux tor browser will not run, so I install linux mint however I want to use i3wm, so I install it along with is-status i3lock etc so its all nice but screen resolution FFS...

I use xrandr to set HDMI-0 to mode 1920-1080 works but will it fuck save as persistant, so I cp /etc/X11/xinit ~/.xinitrc

Then edit the file to include

exec xrandr --output HDMI-0 --mode 1920x1080
exec xrandr --dpi 100

and it still does not fucking work DSFADFSHDJGKULOJ

I thought arch was hard mode why the fuck is linux mint such a fucking murr?

Can someone nice just give me some insights?
>>
Arch is babby tier.

Install LFS.
>>
>>62469512
use a laptop so it works every time

desktops are too tricky with linux
>>
>>62469534
I DON'T FUCKING CARE WHAT YOU USE
>>
File: gTechnology.jpg (1MB, 700x4000px) Image search: [Google]
gTechnology.jpg
1MB, 700x4000px
>>62469512
>>
>>62469537
funnily enough, i last did this on a laptop and yes it worked fine, but on this system I am using some fucking TV setup and need to manually set resolution and dpi..

trolls kys, you need to stop breathing my air...
>>
>>62469559
i'm not installing fucking tor through AUR are you fucking retarded?

fucking kill yourself faggot, Arch was good, was...
>>
fine you fuckers i will hack all you cp loving cunts just you wait...
>>
>>62469684
aka i will figure this shit out myself, this is a fucking useless board of retards who think they are someone how more intelligent than anyone else.
>>
fuck solved...

Had to create ~/.xprofile instead of ~/.xinitrc

xrandr --output HDMI-0 --mode 1920x1080
xrandr --dpi 100

fucking kys you basement dwelling faggots, you probably not answered because you're all wanna be fags
>>
>>62470136
install gentoo
>>
>>62470163
like compile all of my shit daily?

nope
>>
>>62469559
I thoroughly enjoyed this one
>>
>>62470163
btw my ip is 104.16.75.187 try hack me anytime you like, I doubt any of you stupid fags would have a clue about that, tip install nmap

sudo apt-get install nmap
press Y
then learn to use it and hack me...
>>
>>62470237
>my ip is 104.16.75.187

wtf your isp is cloudflare???
>>
>>62470136
wew lad

next time try google
>>
>>62470340
ummm yes :D
>>
>>62470357
i literally used google...

'xrandr settings not saving linux mint'
>>
anyway linux mint with i3wm working perfectly, is so fucking nice.
>>
oops forgot

sudo apt-get install i3
apt-get install i3lock
apt-get install i3status
reboot

select i3 at Display manager
>>
>>62470472
oh and

sudo apt-get install dmenu

that lets you windows key + D to search programs and launch them.

windows key + enter opens a terminal
windows key + <number> shifts you to that desktop
windows key + Shift <number> moves selected window to desktop number

windows key + H causes the next window you open to open horizontal and parallel to the window currently selected
windows key + V causes the next window you open to open above or below the window currently selected.

windows key + <number> changes to that desktop number

basics of an amazing window manager
>>
File: 200_s.gif (30KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
30KB, 290x200px
>>62469512
Well my friend.
If you want to ask something about linux mint.
FIRST - NEVER ASK ABOUT IT ON 4CHAN /g/.

For some reason people here just go rage because they hate linux mint because Its a alot better distro for beginners/former windowsfags/people who are to lazy to fix OS after every update than their loved "ultimate" gentoo/arch.

Mint has big community so mint forum/irc is place where you will find awnser for problems with mint (protip: register to forum with temporal email)
>>
>>62469512
It's because you use i3 dude.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.