[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how paranoid am I for buying webcam and cellphone camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: Webcam-Cover-sticker-1.jpg (1MB, 1235x864px) Image search: [Google]
Webcam-Cover-sticker-1.jpg
1MB, 1235x864px
how paranoid am I for buying webcam and cellphone camera cover stickers /g/
>>
(((they)))) know
>>
not really. it's pretty much normal to do nowadays

with the gov spying on us
all we can do is try to hide
but they'll get us in the very end
>>
>>62464807
if cuck does it you probably should to
>>
File: 20170916_165423.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170916_165423.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Shit man, I should've looked into these prior to taking my 1W blue Dragon laser to my face facing lenses :(

>pic related
>>
>>62466250
Did you break the sensor or something?
>>
File: 1344113154826.jpg (47KB, 211x241px) Image search: [Google]
1344113154826.jpg
47KB, 211x241px
>>62466250

>face facing lenses
>>
>>62464757
I don't get it...how does covering the camera stop people from teacking you?
>>
>>62464854
thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPrzkkbxFeQ
>>
>>62466292
Some places either have require you have a phone without a camera or use a laser to destroy it
>>
File: 1443913254751.jpg (18KB, 207x222px) Image search: [Google]
1443913254751.jpg
18KB, 207x222px
Nah
I think the history of "webcam covering" is some pretty hilarious shit
>as soon as built in webcams became a thing it started getting covered by everybody
>then everyone grew out of it and it became a "lol stupid shit my mom/grandmom does"
>now its looped back and everyone fucking does it again
>>
>>62466250
fucking metal/10
>>
>>62466384
no less true
>>
Why no... just put regular tape?
Fucking consumerists whores
>>
How many fucking devics do you have thats a lot of cameras to cover
>>
>>62466335
It just stops the NSA from archiving pictures of you jacking off

It doesn't stop them from using GPS
>>
I just have a light that tells me when my webcam is in use.
>but hackerz can just disable the light
If hackers have enough control over my system to disable the hardware webcam light, then I have bigger problems than them seeing my face.
>>
>>62464757
How much did you pay for that stupid shit? I'm willing to bet it was quite a bit more than a hole punch and a roll of duct tape.
>>
>2008
>everyone at high school laughing at me for taping my webcam
>2015
>i'm the only one in the grad students' office who hasn't taped his webcam
>>
Am I the only one who remembers those threads on /g/ back from 2008 where people linked to sites with lists of webcams and security cameras?

I remember hacking into some girls webcam and looking at her washing machine, and I remember a thread on /g/ where we found a security cam that could play sound and we blasted never gonna give you up through it
>>
>>62464757
quite, you think the CIA is going to blackmail you with videos of you jerking it to traps?
>>
>>62466457
those were fucking unsecured ip cameras
you didnt hack into shit
>>
>I see no proble with my machine being able to view my webcam against my will
>this compromised machine could also leak all my passwords, documents, private photos, but a piece of tape will fix it :^)
>>
Why is this garbage something people pay for? You couild do that with normal tape
>>
>>62466483
The definition of hacking is literally to gain unauthorized access to something.
>>
I have my webcam disabled in the BIOS, that's probably good enough, right?
>>
>>62466400
People can't into using something that isn't an official product of some kind. I bet there's an "unboxing youtube review" of them somewhere
>hai guiz, wuts in dis box I ordered!?
>check it out, it's round stickers!
>only $40+shipping!
>>
>>62464757
Remember to physically disconnect any microphone and speakers too.
>>
>>62466774
... right, you can trust the BIOS.
>>
>cut cable
>doesn't work anymore
>>
>>62466378
What fucking place asks you to break your phone's camera with a laser in order to enter???
>>
>>62464807
Zuckerberg's devices are a much greater target of hacking than yours are
>>
>>62467009
Laser is too paranormal, but if you're hired by some serious government agency they may ask you to use a phone without camera, no joke
>>
>>62467009
a job that involves handling sensitive data, a phone camera is still a camera and many of these jobs would have hardly let you walk in carrying a camera before smartphones. you either use a phone without a camera or destroy your phone's camera
>>
You could make your own with electrical tape / duct tape and an exacto knife, retard.
>>
How would you disable the speaker on a phone though?
>>
>>62467120
>government agency
I've seen some car companies require no cameras to battle corporate espionage for some of their buildings.
>>
>>62467009
It wasn't to enter, as I took a tour and they didn't mess mine up, but my friend who worked at NASA had that done to their phone
>>
>>62464807
...did he put tape on a fucking microphone?
If anything, that would help prevent noise and allow better voice pick-up.

>>62466748
But it isn't unauthorized access.
They work exactly as intended. (Literally in the name, IP camera)
The fact that people never read shit is their own fault.

The ones that were legit fucked and could be hacked because they registered ports for no fucking reason, those were unauthorized. But they were also the minority.
The fact you could google for webcam URLs isn't unauthorized access.
If it isn't behind a login, it isn't unauthorized. Period. The net is public space in every legal sense. No EULAs hold up that try to prevent that without logins. The only cases where scummy cunts like that have "won" has been ruining the other persons lives by having more money and being in America, land of the retarded.

>>62467736
Open. Desolder / yank it out.
>>
>>62467736
why would you disable the speaker?
>>
>>62467009
>>62467789
This
My company phone has its cam drilled out for security reasons. I work in automotive r&d, would be pretty expensive if someone would leak an early 3d-model of a new model
>>
>>62467789
I know Dyson do it.
Dyson have had loads of people steal their shit before so they enacted a rule to prevent shit like that in their research buildings. No outside anything beyond a certain point.
They have notebooks they have to hand back in at the end of the day which get locked up in his office.
>>
>>62467009
Millitary, some police departments and other government departments. Also some companies with sensitive data
>>
>>62464757
>Paranoia
Dude you probably have a demon interfering with your thoughts. Seek an exorcism.
>>
>>62464757
out of curiosity, how much did you pay for those stickers? anons have already mentioned that you could have used electrical tape or any kind of sticker really.
>>
>>62468690
Wat
>>
>>62468810
I paid 4 dollars for a sheet of them
They aren't the ones in the OP but they're similar
>>
>>62467009

I work military and we just can't enter some facilities with any kind of digital recording device, so no phones, with or without cameras.
Lasering your camera sounds retarded, might as well just buy a dumbphone for work at that point.
>>
>>62467054
He knows what companies do, he runs one that does the same
>>
>>62464757
>thinking a sticker will protect you from the botnet
Fucking normalfags.
>>
>>62468690
explain
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.