[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you still use powerpoint to make presentation? Is there an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: ms-powerpoint.png (492KB, 2868x1584px) Image search: [Google]
ms-powerpoint.png
492KB, 2868x1584px
Do you still use powerpoint to make presentation? Is there an alternative for the cookie cutter corporate uninspired globware.
>>
>>62462489
Google Slides.
>>
>>62462526
Enjoy your botnet
>>
>>62462489
LaTeX
>>
>>62462563
Well, yeah...
>>
it just works and is free what else do you need for quick presentations on child trafficking?
>>
>>62462542
oh no the botnet profiles my retarded school work
>>
>>62462489
https://remarkjs.com/
>>
you could use latex, but the best you can get in about 20 minutes is to use beamer and the metropolis theme. if you look at that and you're not into it, then it's probably not worth diving into. the learning curve for latex is already steep, and even steeper if you're trying to use beamer.

i like some of the html/js-based presentation stuff. look at reveal.js and remark.js

it kind of depends on what features are important to you. if sharing is important, then depending on the format you might prefer a web-based option or you might prefer a pdf-based or latex-based option. powerpoint is actually pretty reliable if you just want something that'll work locally, has some basic animation/transition support, etc...

figure out your needs and constraints and then see which ones filter themselves out on those criteria.
>>
>>62462489
>>62462526
google slides is one of the shittiest pieces of software i've ever used. Not only is it slow as fuck after 25 slides, but it's close to featureless. people only use because they have a google account. online powerpoint is superior in every way
>>
Stop using powerpoint. Unless you need to present a graph, slideshows are distracting, boring, a hassle, and worst of all, useless.

Especially you, teachers. You think I don't know you use powerpoint so you don't have to make any effort while presenting your lesson? I saw the last edited date on that document, you lazy fuck.
>>
>>62463613
shut up, retard. visual presentations enhance talks. it's not powerpoint or any other tool's fault that idiots put walls of text up on the wall and then read from it.
>>
>>62463633
Enhance what? The entertainment value?

Even if you only have bullet points up on the screen, your audience are just going to skim the bullet points then switch off. It's a waste of time to prepare a visual aid when you should be focusing on the content of what you're presenting.
>>
>>62463710
>Enhance what? The entertainment value?
enhance people's understanding of what you're saying. jesus, you're such a fucking retard i can't even comprehend how you're solving captchas.
>>
>>62463738
>"We are going to create a new job - health and safety manager."
Me no understand

>Slide titled "Health and safety"
>Add a picture of a man in a hard hat with his thumbs up.
Ohhhhhh now me get it
>>
>>62463795
it's good that you're finally using the vocabulary that's more natural to you, but putting the key points on the screen help reinforce the spoken talk for everyone — not just neanderthals like you.
>>
File: sleeping_audience_med.jpg (22KB, 349x233px) Image search: [Google]
sleeping_audience_med.jpg
22KB, 349x233px
>>62463815
>>
>>62463897
sleep well, my neanderthal friend
>>
Microsoft Sway. Is free for Windows 10 users.
>>
>>62462489
Prezi is nice
>>
>>62463434
>reveal.js
This is p cool. I'm not a web dev, so I appreciated the online editor. Is there one I can download and use offline?
>>
>>62462489
>not using keynote

always a pleb
>>
>>62464025
I don't work in a gay bar
>>
>>62464346
haha lulz
>>
>>62464346
XD i get it, because mac os is ghey lmao
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.