[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DOCUMENT LEAK: GERMAN AGENCY BND COOPERATES WITH NSA AND GCHQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: AA9c3Qz==uNaPnNNbUga.jpg (55KB, 860x484px) Image search: [Google]
AA9c3Qz==uNaPnNNbUga.jpg
55KB, 860x484px
Netzpolitik.org (a german news blog focused on politics surrounding the
digital world) today released a leak of internal emails and documents of the
Bundesnachrichtendienst (BND, german intelligence service). The BND has it's
own working group deticated to deanonymizing Tor users since 2008 and
cooperates with the NSA and the GCHQ. All three agencies run their own exit
nodes. The BND warned other german authorities not to use Tor as it's
anonymization is allegedly ineffective.

The BND developed a technique to deanonymize Tor users and gave a prototype of
it to the NSA, in expectation of compensation.

https://netzpolitik.org/2017/geheime-dokumente-der-bnd-hat-das-anonymisierungs-netzwerk-tor-angegriffen-und-warnt-vor-dessen-nutzung/
>>
So if tor was already broken, why are they trying to break it?
>>
>>62462244
>in expectation of compensation.
Idiots. I kinda doubt its effectiveness though.
>>
Wasn't Tor developed by the navy?
>>
>>62462639
>The bulk of the funding for Tor's development has come from the federal government of the United States, initially through the Office of Naval Research and DARPA.
>>
>>62462639
the gov as was the internet yeah
>>
Fuck tor. They are fine with drug dealers, assassins and thieves but not right wingers. I hope it gets taken out.
>>
>>62462809
Yeah, remember that time they banned people with right wing politics from using tor? Me neither, but lets be retarded anyway.
>>
>>62462809
You mean individuals.
>>
>>62462809
Things that never happened for 500, Alex.
>>
>>62462809
Isn't like half the tor nodes run by NSA?
>>
>>62465172
No.
>>
>>62465191
are you sure?
>>
>>62465205
No.
>>
This was well known ever since silk road was taken down.
>>
>>62462244
> in expectation of compensation
lel
>>
What some people may forget when thinking about all this - this attack vector got described in the tor documentation really early, years before this stuff here happened.
If you control enough nodes and the ISPs, its easy to do so. Thats not magic or something, you just need to be not totally retarded to do so.
>>
>>62462853
I think they are talking about the daily stormer
>>
What are the best countries not in 14 eyes that have good internet/etc freedoms?
>>
>>62462639
Tor is a invention of german intelligent sevices.
>>
>>62462244
>no information in English
>can't even read about how it compares to the previous attacks demonstrated by academics
Must not be an issue then.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.