[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apple Responds to Safari 11 Criticism From Advertising Groups:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: og.png (263KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
og.png
263KB, 1200x630px
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/15/apple-responds-to-safari-11-criticism/

>Six trade and marketing organizations this morning published an open letter to Apple asking the company to "rethink" plans to launch new versions of Safari in iOS and macOS that block cross-site tracking, and this afternoon, Apple offered up a response, which was shared by The Loop.

>According to Apple, ad tracking companies are essentially able to recreate a person's web browsing history using cross site tracking techniques sans permission, something it's aiming to stop.

>"Apple believes that people have a right to privacy - Safari was the first browser to block third party cookies by default and Intelligent Tracking Prevention is a more advanced method for protecting user privacy," Apple said in a statement provided to The Loop.

>"Ad tracking technology has become so pervasive that it is possible for ad tracking companies to recreate the majority of a person's web browsing history. This information is collected without permission and is used for ad re-targeting, which is how ads follow people around the Internet. The new Intelligent Tracking Prevention feature detects and eliminates cookies and other data used for this cross-site tracking, which means it helps keep a person's browsing private. The feature does not block ads or interfere with legitimate tracking on the sites that people actually click on and visit. Cookies for sites that you interact with function as designed, and ads placed by web publishers will appear normally."

In both macOS High Sierra and iOS 11, the Safari web browser is gaining new privacy features to prevent companies from tracking customer web browsing habits across websites. "The success of the web as a platform relies on user trust," Apple says on the WebKit blog. "Many users feel that trust is broken when they are being tracked and privacy-sensitive data about their web activity is acquired for purposes that they never agreed to."
>>
If only they could be trusted
>>
well at least they're doing some things right
>>
>>62462171
I'm a poorfag but I'm slowly liking the idea of getting a MacBook more and more these days

Which one should I get

>>62462171
>>
>>62462246
you don't need a macbook, just get a hackintosh.
macos is the only good product from apple everything else is just overpriced crap.

just check guides online for the best compatible hardware.
>>
>>62462246
If you were to buy one: 2015 pro
They still sell the base 15" on the site, or maybe you can try and get a refurb one.
Or just a used one from eBay if you are not afraid

The 2016/2017 is a meme, and you can't do shit with the MacBook (non-pro). A tablet is better at this point

Or you can still get a thinkpad and put a hackintosh on it
>>
>>62462171
Based
>>
So when are they going to drop Intel/amd/nvidia and create their own desktop/laptop hardware? It's still the glaring hole in privacy they have.
>>
>>62462333
They might introduce macOS on their own ARM chips when they become powerful enough, but it will take a huge transition for developers to migrate all of their apps to a new architecture.
>>
>>62462184
They're literally the only company you can trust.
>>
>>62462365
windows already does it on last-gen arm chips, there's no excuse for apple now
anything apple says, developers do anyways
>>
>>62462365
>when they become powerful enough

It's already there. The iPhone X’s processor is more powerful than the newest MacBook Pro.

https://bgr.com/2017/09/14/iphone-x-vs-iphone-8-a11-bionic-benchmarks-macbook-pro/
>>
> The feature does not block ads or interfere with legitimate tracking on the sites that people actually click on and visit
That's the point. Google and Facebook will still be allowed to track users. Rumors are there is money involved.
>>
>>62462283
Or just stop cross-tracking yourself on w/e os you're using. It's not hard
>>
>>62462429
>Geekbench
and in the trash, it goes!
>>
>>62462171
when will apple respond to /g/ criticim of safari not having fucking webm support in the year of our lord + 2017
>>
>>62462171
This is why I stick with an apple phone

Fuck their desktops tho
>>
>>62463245
They finally added gif support to the photo section at least.

I swear they probably will have to kill my iphone 6 via a bad update because I see no point in upgrading the hardware. The software updates are more interesting.
>>
>>62462171
What is Prism?
>>
>>62462365
ARM has their own version of Intel ME and AMD PSP I forget its name tho
>>
>>62463347
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.prd29-genc-009492c/ch06s02s01.html
>>
THANK YOU BASED APPLE
>>
>>62463347
>ARM dictates what makes it into the Apple chips

I can't even believe there are people this retarded on this board. ARM is just an architecture spec, Apple ultimately decides what it wants to implement. They don't get to decide what Intel put in their CPU's, or AMD similarly. They design the A-series chips, and get TSMC, a company they basically bankrolled, to produce them.
>>
>>62462171
Apple posing as the good guy. Again.
>>62462400
>windows already does
And no one gives a flying fuck and will be DOA as intel is triggered the patent flag.
>>
>>62463652
It's already happening regardless of what the kikes @ intel want. Intel is on its way out if they don't step that pucci up.
>>
File: laughingmerchants.jpg (520KB, 831x1172px) Image search: [Google]
laughingmerchants.jpg
520KB, 831x1172px
>>62462370
is this the legendary pajeet marketing
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.