[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why linux is so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 3638634543_9b46ce5478_o.png (73KB, 405x342px) Image search: [Google]
3638634543_9b46ce5478_o.png
73KB, 405x342px
ok folks, I was crying like yesterday that linux working bad on my VM'ware and you guess what? installed windows 7, guess what? GUESS WHAT?!

[spoiler]it's working almost like host, I'm using chrome or opera with 98-99% or even 100% as fast as on the host machine, system works as fast as on the host, you could see no difference JESUS CHRIST[/spoiler]

why? what's the problem? lack of vmtools? I tried to install them on linux and got BTFO, it's way too complicated to me
>>
that image is the most retarded shit. you can do all of that easily on linux. Brasero is what I use for DVD burning, there's tons of programs for playback, there's OBS for screen capture, and so on.

sage.
>>
>>62461671

I'm not baiting, I'm deadly serious, why win 7 is working as native on a fucking VMware [I'm even watching yt like I on the host, but I guess I won't check other things, this is only for web browsing and cloud sharing between host and VM and internet] while linux fucking lags and have system problems
>>
>>62461671
>lack of vmtools? I tried to install them on linux and got BTFO, it's way too complicated to me
You couldn't figure out how to mount the tools ISO? You probably have no use for Linux if you can't get over this stumbling block. Especially when the instructions are on the products website.
>>
>>62461671
Imagine being this much autistic
>>
>>62461797

I tried to use console but I kept getting errors or if I remember, linux keep saying I need root password while I was on the admin

I gave up because I couldn't get it work
>>
>>62461840
Copy the files to a folder in your home directory and chmod them. Then run the .pl script.
>>
>>62461823

Well, this is just for security, you have snapshoots of the VM and you using only browser on a limited account with blocked installer and stuff, why I need bother with the host and crappy malware if this is much better? on the host I have only firewall configured as best as possible
>>
>>62461795
install open-vm-tools in the guest
>>
>>62461912

if linux worked fine then I would use it instead but... it looks that win7 will be enough
>>
>>62461930

and this will solve performance problems?
>>
>>62462028
Yes.
>>
>>62462054

I hope, will try later, for windows vmtools are installed automatically ehhh
>>
>>62462197
vmtools is botnet
>>
>>62461671
>linux so bad
>I can't be bothered to google a pre-built image because I'm literally underage.

http://www.osboxes.org/ubuntu/#ubuntu-16-04-vmware
>>
The only use of linux desktop is to browse the web while searching for how to fix the shit that doesn't work
>>
>dvd and bluray playback

I literally haven't bought a DVD in 10 years.
>>
>>62461794
It's not a serious thread. This is why we sage.
>>
>>62461795
I run all of my Linux shit in VMware and I notice absolutely no performance loss compared to running on bare metal.
>>
linux is fucking shit
>>
mac > the rest
>>
>>62464134
Nice site for lazy frogs.
>>
what's this google translate gibberish?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.