[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to unlock iphone x: >Wake up the phone >Raise it up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: iphoneX.jpg (310KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
iphoneX.jpg
310KB, 2400x1600px
How to unlock iphone x:
>Wake up the phone
>Raise it up to align camera with your face
>Wait for it to recognise your face
>Swipe up
I guess I'm buying iphone 8 this year instead of this piece of shit
>>
They said you can swipe and it will recognize you in the time it takes to do that.
>>
>>62444740
When did they say that?
>>
I don't get it. Even with "touch ID" and facial recognition, I still like a 4digit password, or even a pattern code.
>>
>>62444689
>>62444813
>4digit password, or even a pattern code.
Is that even optional on the X or are you forced to use facial recognition?
>>
>>62444813
Touch ID is faster than entering a passcode. I do like the patterns on android, but i think complex ones are slow to enter and easy ones are insecure.
>>
>>62444863
It is not forced, but still sucks it doesn't have touch id. They could have put it in a power button
>>
>>62444805
I'm trying to find it, but it was in the explanation on why it failed in the demo, because it quickly saw multiple faces.
>>
Just use a password like a normal human bean
>>
>>62444689
> I CAN'T AFFORD THESE HIGH-END APPLE PHONES, LAPTOPS AND IMACS
> I'VE NEVER EVEN TRIED ONE AT THE STORE LET ALONE USED ONE YET I'M MAD AT THEM
> I'M SEVERELY DEPRESSED AND MAD AT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS
> I'M OUT OF MY AUTISM PILLS TODAY BECAUSE MY ANXIETIES AND MENTAL ILLNESS ARE PREVENTING ME FROM LEAVING MY MOM'S BASEMENT
> I'M NOW SHIFTING ALL THE HATE TOWARDS THINGS I CANNOT HAVE
> I BETTER MAKE ANOTHER THREAD ON AUTISM /g/ENERAL FORUM ABOUT IT SO I CAN FEEL BETTER ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE MY LIFE IS
> I KEEP ON POSTING BULLSHIT MEMES BECAUSE IT'S ALL I CAN DO. JUST LOOK AT THE ARCHIVE AND MD5 OF MY POSTS TO SEE THE LEVEL OF MY ILLNESS
> PS: SOMEONE PLS KILL ME BECAUSE I'M TOO MUCH OF A COWARD TO DO IT MYSELF
> PPS: PLEASE! MY FAMILY IS SICK OF ME AND WANTS ME GONE. JUST HELP ME END IT ALL
the post
>>
>>62445284
I do have a macbook, ipad and iphone 6 now. But i think face id is going to be inconveniant.
>>
>>62444689
After watching the demo and some "hands-on" videos it seems like it recognizes A face not YOUR face. So basically if you resemble a human being you can unlock anyones iCuck.

I keked so hard when they said that it can recognize you even if you're wearing a scarf over half of your face and a huge hat. That means that the recognition margin is so wide that it's sufficient for you to be the same race as the user to unlock the phone.

Also the home gesture is a joke...
>>
>>62444689
>How to unlock iphone 8
>Wake up the phone
>Align your thumb on the home button
>Wait for it to recognize your fingerprint
>Click the button to open home screen
icraple
>>
>it's sufficient for you to be the same race as the user to unlock the phone

Eh, they probably figured that as long as you're not jamal you're a fine person
>>
>>62445676
>press the home button
>keep youe finger for a second until the phone unlocks
apple kinda ruined it with ios 10 that it doesn't innediately unlock if you lift your finger too early, but probably still 5 times better than face unlock
>>
You know, something I loved from my old phone was the ability to unlock it with a double tap.

How does that work exactly?
>>
File: 1503346683042.jpg (103KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503346683042.jpg
103KB, 500x500px
>they didn't put a finger print sensor in the fucking apple logo that's always on the back of their phone
Missed opportunity desu
>>
Why don't iPhones have an option to block private numbers? I guess I have to jailbreak it for that huh? Fucking bullshit.
>>
>>62444813
I can immediately memorize a 4 digit passcode by looking at it once. Use at least 10+ digits.
>>
>>62444689
It's amazing how Apple keeps releasing phones with decreased functionality but increased price.

First the headphone jack, now touch id
>>
>>62446083
I think power button would be good. It would also be good for sony finantialy, when they sell rights to apple
>>
>>62446158
I believe HP has the rights to that, Sony disables that shit on Cuckistan since they would have to pay if any americuck goes near that shit.
Also Apple loves to cut corners and they do whatever they can to not pay anything to anyone.
>>
>>62445038
The demo did not fail per se. Periodically the iPhone requires you to manually enter your passcode and will not take a fingerprint or face in this case. This also happens every time you turn the device off then back on.

The purpose is to prevent law enforcement from coercing you to give up your fingerprint (which is 100% legal). But they are not legally allowed to force a password from you. Also the phone will not unlock with FaceID if your eyes are closed or you're not looking directly at the display.

>be Apple
>protect your fundamental rights
>fag/g/ots shit all over your company
>>
>>62446404
It failed because according to Apple, they were showing off the model to a bunch of people hands on, and the phone saw a bunch of faces trying to be unlocked. The phone switches back to passcode only after a couple of tries with FaceID and TouchID, until you successfully entered the passcode.
>>
>>62444689
>Wake up the phone
It wakes automatically when raised
>Align camera with your face
It doesn't need to be aligned, you can look at an angle
>Wait for it to recognise your face
It takes a few microseconds, it unlocks before you even know it
>Swipe up
Why? No need for this
>>
>>62446689
I guess you didn't watch the keynote
>>
>>62445038
so basically the facial recognition is gonna fail in any realistic situation?
>>
>>62446404
>per se
So...it failed. Sounds like apple.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.