[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fan up or fan down?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: fsp-fsp300-60ghs-300w.jpg (469KB, 911x608px) Image search: [Google]
fsp-fsp300-60ghs-300w.jpg
469KB, 911x608px
Fan up or fan down?
>>
>>62442554
i unironically place mine sideways
>>
>>62442554
Whatever side the logo is printed in a readable way. If logo is upside down, flip the power supply
>>
Depends on placement, but it seems like a bad idea to create an airflow that goes against the one from the GPU fans.
>>
>>62442651
Thats why you have the PSU fan be a puller facing up, and blowing out the back grille
>>
>>62442671
>opening up psu to change fan direction

this isn't just autism, this is advanced autism
>>
>>62442738
I did that back when I had an elite 130 with the PSU over the CPU. CPU fan was blowing down and the PSU fan was over it, so it needed to be blowing down too.
>>
>>62442554
up, due to atmospheric pressure
>>
>having a power supply unit in your case
>not keeping the psu outside and running the cables into the case
>>
>>62442554
in my case it's mounted sideways with the fan pulling air in from the front.
>>
>>62442836
why the fuck would you do that besides autism?
>>
>>62442854
I was shitposting but [spoiler]google [/spoiler] tells me some people really do that.
>>
Down so that it's its own contained system.
>>
>>62442870
Oh right. Forgot.
>>
I assume it pulls air in and exhausts it through the back (where the power cable plugs in)? Best to have it as case exhaust or out of the airflow system totally?
>>
My HAFX has a cutout for fan down so the PSU cooling system is isolated from the rest of the components.
>>
>>62442989
lots of cases have that these days and I don't much like it. The PSU is fine with 40-50C intake temps, it doesn't need to be isolated. and I want its fan assisting with throughflow ventilation
>>
>>62443176
It has the hole and I take advantage of it,its better for me to keep it separate since I have 4x200mm case fans doing the rest of the work.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.