[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>IoT-focused security company Armis Labs revealed a Bluetooth-based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (152KB, 600x303px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
152KB, 600x303px
>IoT-focused security company Armis Labs revealed a Bluetooth-based attack that impacts billions of devices, including Android, Linux, and unpatched Windows and iOS10 or earlier devices. Along with the Bluetooth attack, which the company called "BlueBorne," Armis also revealed eight zero-day vulnerabilities that could be used to facilitate the BlueBorne attack against some devices.

>The BlueBorne attack vector has several stages. First, the attacker finds some local Bluetooth-enabled devices. Next, they obtain the MAC address of the device to determine which operating system is running on it and adjust the exploit accordingly.

>The attacker will exploit a vulnerability in the implementation of the Bluetooth protocol on that platform and then choose whether or not to do a MITM attack to intercept communications or take over the device for other malicious purposes.

How can android and linux even compete with apple?
>>
(((unpatchable)))
>>
>>62441074
Shhhhh, buy a new phone you stupid goy. They're suposed to be replaced every year!!
>>
>>62441089
Right away, Mr. Shekelsteingoldberg!
>>
I've never found a use for Bluetooth.
>>
Who cares. It's bluetooth. The attacker literally has to be within a few feet
>>
>>62440952
>First, the attacker finds some local Bluetooth-enabled devices
Oh, so it's irrelevant then.
>>
>>62441104
Me neither.
>>
>>62440952
What does Bluetooth have to do with IoT?
The majority of computers running Linux don't have Bluetooth, while laptops would only have it enabled in home if you game with a wireless controller. Printers use WiFi. So it literally doesn't matter for PCs.
As for android you can just disable Bluetooth. Not to mention the attackers have to be physically within 5-10m of you. So they must be in the same room, just like with computers. Why would you enable Bluetooth in public? You have your 3.5mm port so you don't need it for headphones. You can't play games because Bluetooth has insane input lag except maybe on Bluetooth v5. Sharing files is 10-20x faster with direct WiFi/FTP. So Bluetooth is literally useless on android and you're retarded if you enable it in the first place.
>someone tries to take over the OS this way
>removes the battery
Nothing personnel, kid.

Literally a non-issue.
>>
What do keyless ignition systems on cars use to talk to the dongle?
>>
>>62441196
I fly for 12 hours with bluetooth on because I have Bose qc35
>>
>>62441105
Just sat with your thinkpad around a supermarket and make a botnet.
>>
>>62440952
>IoT
Can fuck right off!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.