[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lenovo work stations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: desktoplenovo.png (306KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
desktoplenovo.png
306KB, 1080x1920px
How do you guys feel about lenovo work stations?
Im a college student who wants a new desktop (im using one from 2006 currently), and I was thinking about getting one of these cheap workstations and running debian on it. It's cheap and can get the job done, but will it last me the next 3 years as far as the build quality?
>>
>>62439746

Anything would be better than a computer from 2006
>>
>>62439832
No kidding. It has 3GB ram and starts to lock up when u have more than 5 tabs open.
Its crashed multiple times and has problems streaming 720 videos on youtube.
But I cant complain, I got it for free from my dad when he built himself a new one.
>>
Yes op do it lenovo desktops are tanks you'll end up bored of it and upgrading before it ever dies on you. I used to work in a large corp with hundreds of them. 3 years ha it'll last you 10+.
>>
>>62439852

Seriously though, a Lenovo or Dell (Optiplex) would be fine. If you can afford it, whack an SSD in and you'll be flying.
>>
how can you be this poor?

im living in north africa and I've a 800$ 2017 rig
>>
>>62439913
Hmmm let's see:
> minimum wage job
> textbooks and other school supplies
> payment for 17 units (so full course load)
> groceries
> gas
> other supplies for cooking, cleaning, and living
> winter clothes
> other payments for insurance, rent and bills
> saving a little money for emergencies and future trips to other places I might want to visit with my friends

Ya gee I wonder why I cant drop $800 on a computer + all the other nice things you probably have.
>>
>>62439903
which dell optiplexwould I suggest? And why them over the lenovos?
>>
>>62440012
*you
>>
>>62440012

Depends on what your budget is. There should be some 790's / 9010 / 9020's going cheaply by now. (9020's are newer than the 9010's. which are newer than 790's - good naming there, Dell)

I personally don't have any experience with the Lenovo so I can't comment on them, but, the Dell's stand up to the K-12 school environment I deploy them in, so I think they are relatively tough and with low failure rates. They put up with many forced power offs and tonnes of dust
>>
>>62439746
They're okay and if buy the right form factor you can probably even drop in a gpu
>>
>>62439746
Look for used workstations.
Companies are cleaning their stuff and sell them incredible cheap.
Got a Xeon e5-1650v2 workstation with 8gb ram and some amd firepro for 150€. Also one of these long durable 500gb business hdd's I don't rly care much about.
Buy used if you're poor.
Or not poor
Cuz I'd feel retarded paying three times as much for a worse build.
>>
File: 1500572893028.png (153KB, 418x391px) Image search: [Google]
1500572893028.png
153KB, 418x391px
>>62439963
>minimum wage
>Bitches about own financial issues
Gee wiz op
>>
>>62442372
You have to start somewhere. Also some people have bad luck. Don't be an arrogant asshole.
>>
>get a used c2d desktop
>put an used quad core xeon, add memory and a ssd if you want
>???
if you're not buying a pc for gaming you can have your job done with little money
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.