[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what has happened to Japan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

I remember in the 90s, Japan were the leaders and trendsetters in consumer tech. But for the last 15 years, American and South Korean firms dominate sectors once monopolized by Japanese legacy companies like Sony. Even Japanese game developers are going through a slump. Theyve also missed the PC and Smartphone wave. Is there hope for Japan?
>>
File: doitdoitdoitdoit.jpg (68KB, 963x803px) Image search: [Google]
doitdoitdoitdoit.jpg
68KB, 963x803px
hashahashhaah fucku you white piggu dog. we are proudo nihonji. fucku your microsof and apples iphoon x. Sony ando Nintendoru will fuk all yoru white women inside the butto.
>>
>>62439443
In the 80's money flowed through Japan like water so they just tried a whole bunch of crazy shit and made premium products because the middle class could afford it.

S.Korea is winding down from a similar boom.
>>
They're busy fucking destroying us in the automobile industry. They've almost completely won. Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru... they're dominating auto tech and no one has even batted an eye. Tesla is nothing to the massive amount of Camrys and Accords these motherfuckers are selling.
>>
Mass xeno-estrogen intoxication.
>>
>>62439534
True, but will they adapt to the future of self driving ubers?
>>
>>62439525
This. It's literally just capitalism.
>>
>>62439443
They started making tamagochi and sex robots and now they are stuck in a downward spiral of shit.
>>
Technology has evolved at such a rapid rate that speed is favored over quality. Japanese companies tend to take their time to refine their products while Silicon Valley and China are more interested in shoving out as much e peenz garbage as possible. Also, liberalism & globalism.
>>
im in tokyo now
they did not miss the smartphone wave
also, theyre adopting bitcoin fairly quickly
this place does adopt tech slowly, but its
>clean
>safe
>polite
no tech in the west gives you that
>>
Nothing wrong with Japan, I think it's just that other countries have caught up and now completely dominate certain spaces. Japan is still up there with the best but a lot of their work is behind the scenes. Softbank has its hands on a lot of current high end tech through investments.
>>
>>62439558
You're asking if Japs can do autonomous robots?
>>
>>62439443
>>62439525
> Japan the old China
>everyone buy cheep nip shot
>suddenly start doing wacky things
>eventually think they are premium and become stale
>think your the shit, cause you a "luxory" brand now
> die in obscurity

Wait for China guys
>>
You don't know anything about the japanese market.
>>
>>62439443
they still are they just dont give a shit anymore
and it depends on where you are looking about technology
it took them 11 years to finish this just in time before the big tohoku earthquake hit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o85teh1vU_0&t=95s
needless to say that this system solely saved tokyo from flooding from the rivers
>>
>>62440589
heh i rememeber an interview that abe gave after fukushima accident saying
"being first in technology is something that the rest of the world can compete" there is nothing wrong with japan being second or third because when we find a problem we will simply solve it no matter what and by so we will probably invent a new technology for it"
>>
>>62440420
>Wait for China guys
Chinks don't give a fuck because their domestic market is 10x what Japs have even today

even cunts like oppo and xiaomi I think are only selling some "international" models of their phones for prestige at home ("look cunts, foreigners love our shit too!")
>>
Even when Japanese aren't top dogs anymore I still trust them in making a good smartphone rather than buying samsung garbage which burned down a house in Poland recently
>>
>>62439443
Lifetime employment.

The average age of a Sony engineer is 55.
>>
>>62440709
>
Where in Poland?
>>
>>62439534
Good, fuck American cars
>>
>>62439443
They're just not jumping on some of the more visible meme waves, they're still using fax because it works fine, etc, that's all.
>>
>>62439443
Markets changed. Cd players and shit are out of style. Korea jumped on the supply chain of the electronics industry and have a huge advantage in making the end products because of it
>>
>>62439534
Americn cars are now either expensive or trash, UK cars are expensive, EU cars are still good though.

Also rip Australian cars, not that I really liked them though
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.