[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck is wrong with my shit senpai, almost everyday,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: reee pepe.jpg (8KB, 296x200px) Image search: [Google]
reee pepe.jpg
8KB, 296x200px
what the fuck is wrong with my shit senpai, almost everyday, sometimes multiple times a day, my PC will completely lock up
the image in the screen will freeze and nothing else will happen, sound stops, theres no blue screen, and the only way to fix it is to turn the PSU off and back on
ive tried replacing my RAM, reverting my GPU and CPU overclocks, running RAM below spec etc and it still happens. what the fuck is this?
>>
Your GPU is dying.
>>
>>62438385
its a 970 ive had for less than two years, im pretty sure this happened before i got it as well

cpu: 4790K
gpu: 970
mobo: asus maximus gene 7
is it a driver conflict? i havent messed with chipset drivers or anything, but i know this has happened over MANY different gpu driver versions and windows versions. happened on windows 8 as well
>>
is the hdd in use during the freeze?
>>
>>62438591
yeah, both my drives are. i just replaced one of them so it could be the SSD my os is on?
>>
>>62438375
Diagnosing a faulty piece of hardware becomes infinitely easier if you have multiple computers. Just change parts one at a time until the problem stops. You could use a friend's help with that if the parts are compatible. Actually I'm not sure if that even qualifies as diagnosing.
>>
>>62438375
what OS?
>>
Sounds like you are using Windows. It's a way to make people restart the machine
>>
>>62438673
windows 10

>>62438677
yeah no its not
>>
>>62438601
it could be a RAM "bomb" then
when ram gets continually used up the pc just bricks because no memory to operate which you can observe with this thread from some hours ago
https://warosu.org/g/thread/S62429630
warning - do not visit op link with js enabled if you don't want to lose your work
>>
>>62438835
is there a way to fix this? i just swapped 16gb new memory in and it still happens
>>
>>62438782
You have windows 10, it's normal windows 10 behavior. My computers with windows 10 also does the same thing once in a while.
>>
>>62438862
highly doubt that
>>
>>62438862
Mine doesn't ever since I started using SSDs.

OP, you are using Enterprise with as much bullshit disabled as possible, right? If not, reinstal w10 and use Enterprise you dumb fuck

>>62438385
Highly doubtful, I have a fucked 7900GS on my w10 machine (yes you read that right) and it never freezes
>>
>>62438385
i would suspect bad psu more than anything.
>>
>>62439351
Might just be it
OP what PSU do you have?
>>
>>62439359
evga 650w
>>
>>62438375
cpu freezing. Probably heat throttling or asking it to use more threads than it's designed to.
>>
>>62438862
works on my machine :^)
>>
>>62439906
This is tricky, I suggest taking out your GPU in the meantime to see if this still happens. When all else fails just re-install your OS because it might also be the drive.

Also

>/g/ - Tech Support
>>
same problem OP but i notice mine locks up like 99% when i open up a new tab, ive tried chrome and ie and they do the same thing, i have 12 gb of ddr4 so im not a pleb that has low ram that makes the computer crash
>>
ohh and yes at the beginning it felt random (im the same guy with 12gb ddr4), but not im sure it has something to do with windows and ram, i transplanted the hdd (with windows already installed in it) and a graphics card to another pc, and i would get the random lock ups with no blue screens
>>
(same ddr4 12gb dude) so im 99% sure its windows being gay, did you by any chance also get your OS from P1r8bae like i did, could be windows FINALLY being unstable unless you have a legit copy after some random windows update that you've downloaded, im going to do a fresh install of windows WITH THE FREE WINDOWS TRIAL WITH WATERMARK and see if it helps
>>
if its not that (same cuck again), then its probably our GPUs anon, i have a 7600k that i can run off integrated which im going to do for the next week and see if i get any crashes (and yes we have the same problem anon if youre still hesitant to believe it, ive had this thing for about a month now and i all you've said is the same that has happened to me)
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.