[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life comes at you fast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (403KB, 420x666px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
403KB, 420x666px
Life comes at you fast
>>
Nokia is the IBM or Xerox of phones. Refused to adapt, thought they were undisputed kings. Became irrelevant.

Apple without Steve Jobs is next. Not even a macfag, but Jobs knew how to innovate shit. Current Apple innovates for the sake of innovation, without any vision. It's gonna be dead in the water within 10-15 years.
>>
>$60 oil

If you had said back in 07 that the next year oil price would push 150 and 10 years later oil price struggles to reach $60 with Apple being the most valuable corp in the world and Nokia making 0 phones, would you have believed it?
>>
>>62437911
>Not even a macfag, but Jobs knew how to innovate shit.

I'll start this off with your first (You)
>>
>>62437911
Jobs knew how to market. He didn't innovate anything.
>>
>>62438301
yes, the iPhone was such an unoriginal hacky ripoff amirite?
>>
>>62437911
>IBM
>irrelevant

Just because you can't get your regarded consumer hooves on an IBM branded device does not make them irrelevant, fucking troglodyte. They are making money off licensed patents and R and D. Just this July, they announced they found a solution for quantum tunneling at 5nm gates.
>>
>>62438274
Yes.
>>
>>62438274
>Apple being the most valuable corp in the world
Tomatoes are the most valuable crop in the world tho
>>
>>62437853
Does anyone know the model of the phone in that picture?
>>
>>62437853
whoa...
>>
>>62437853
Nokia had the most efficient and largest supply chain of the dumbphone era. They were able to make profit where motorola, samsung, ericson etc couldn't. Nokia was stuck on their supply chain, stepping out of it would have hurt the profits. This is why nokia was late on flip phones for example, in that case it didn't matter much though since once they got the ball rolling they won in flip phones as well. Touchscreens they were late as well, and for long time they shipped phones with inferior screens. They probably could have walked to the same supplier apple had and bough all the screens in front of their face but it was so much cheaper to stay with their own suppliers.
Then of course they had like five different operating systems at development at the same time.
Then there was US market that they never cracked completely even in dumbphone era. US market is still bit weird imo, iphones are more popular than europe or asia even if you account for higher wealth.
>>
>>62438837
lol anyone could doo that
>>
>>62439126
I remember being blown away by pictures taken with japanese phones back in the day, now the japs love apple too I think.
>>
>>62439126

Incidentally this is the same way apple will fail one day. They are locked in into their supply chain. Every year when they announce new phone, apple sells every single new iphone they can manufacture, their sales are limited by the supply of phones. This means whatever components are being used, must be produced in mass which in turn means that if there is useful component but which doesn't have the manufacturing output large enough, wont be added to the new iphone. The competitor will have an opening to ship something which isn't in the iphone. It may not matter like it didn't with nokia and flip phones, but one day the shift might be too large.
>>
>>62438775
This but unsarcastically
>>
>>62437853
They didn't connect so good
>>
>>62439258
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they have a little bit of that exact problem right now already with the displays used in the iPhone X? Those are all made and sold to them by Samsung.
>>
>>62437853
>Life comes at you fast
Not when you are a gayme addicted kiddult. Life NEVER comes to you
>>
>>62438775
Everybody in tech press was laughing when Iphone came out.
At that time first Iphones were worse than my ancient windows mobile smartphone and worse than even Nokias trash. It was just marketed right. It was trying to look like an easy to use smartphone which was also a status symbol and not just a geek toy.
I'm not saying that Iphone is unsignifficant for a tech world but in reality it didn't bring anything absolutely innovative.
>>
>>62440522
I never got how people could pretend the first iPhone was any better than a dumbphone, it couldn't even do MMS which b&w bottom of the barrel Nokia's from 2004 could
The iPhone was awful all around until the 3GS was launched, which showed quite a lot in Nokia's dominant marketshare that lasted until 2010
>>
>>62438837
>we can still get a few squirts of milk out of a dying cow
>>
File: 1499495560834.jpg (392KB, 1223x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1499495560834.jpg
392KB, 1223x1600px
>>62437853
Don't forget this OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJSZGgFhjE8&t=60s
>>
>>62439163
Well Intel can't.
>>
File: 1477438162931.png (24KB, 635x366px) Image search: [Google]
1477438162931.png
24KB, 635x366px
>>62437853
>Life comes at you fast

Sure does.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.