[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Bored gods, all the way down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 19cmqyrruw68tpng.png (598KB, 800x450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
19cmqyrruw68tpng.png
598KB, 800x450px
I exist in a time when it is conceivably possible that I will live forever. Life extending medical advancements within the next 60 years, followed by the a super intelligent AI which will aid us in developing techniques to extend our lifespan in perpetuity.

Is it just mere coincidence that I was born to a decent household, in a stable country, with a bright future ahead of me, at the advent of a technological eclipse? Why was I born at a time like this? Why am I not a rat, a dog, an amoeba, some dim witted alien? Granted the only way I could pose this question to myself IS IF I have intelligence akin to a human.

Is it possible for a super intelligent god to feel boredom? After billions of years of throwing myself into simulations and fantasies, will I long for the days of the mortal experience again? My existence would be through code, surely I could just code myself not to feel bored. But is there a point when even a god would want to start again?

Is it all by chance? That sounds too nihilistic for me. Maybe I am a bored immortal that has decided to wipe clean and return to my origin. And if it is the case, then surely I am countless "resets" deep. I will not know the truth until I am on my death bed. Until then, this nugget will always be in the back of my brain. Has anyone toyed with this idea?
>>
haha same
>>
Jesus christ man, you sound the biggest fucking uppity faggot nerd the world has ever seen
>>
big, if true
>>
>>62435768
"Jesus christ man, you sound the biggest fucking uppity faggot nerd the world has ever seen" said the namefag.
>>
>>62435721
It is not possible to cram the human intellect into a computer. They differ in kind, not merely degree. Humanity has battled in multiple wars and applied their ingenuity into numberless tasks, while AIs just make you million dollar campaign lose to businessman with no political career.
>>
>>62435882
Who are you, the town local cock sucker?
>>
>>62435721
dude weed lmao
>>
>>62435931
Yes. Your point?
>>
>>62435721
>I exist in a time when it is conceivably possible that I will live forever
no you dont
>>
>>62435721
>>62436023
I'm looking forward to living forever. Even if that doesn't happen in time, I have plans to be cryogenically frozen if/when I die.
>>
Reality proves time and time again it is cold and doesn't care about us. The universe won't bend backwards for you when you die, you will not wake up from a simulation, you will not be a God. At best, maybe you will be reincarnated, but being stuck on Earth through multiple generations would be hell.

Most likely, nothing happens when you die. You just cease. Worst part is, when we cease, we will never know it happened or have some vast knowledge on what this was all about. It will just be over. Life is just cruel like that, it owes you nothing.
>>
>>62436570
It's more of a stretch to say that reincarnation is real than it is to say we're higher beings taking part in a simulation.
>>
>>62436971
I hope you are right.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.