[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying Laptop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: pexels-photo-248159.jpg (2MB, 5279x3519px) Image search: [Google]
pexels-photo-248159.jpg
2MB, 5279x3519px
Hi guys,

Does such a laptop exist?

> Windows 10 + good GNU/Linux support
> No stickers on the laptop
> Black
> Basic gaming, audio and video production
> Small bezels

I think Dell XPS is the only laptop that fits most of these checkboxes. Do I have other options?
>>
read the sticky
>>
>>62431879
>No stickers on the laptop
You know they removable, right?
>>
>>62431946
who knows with the current retarded trends
>soldered processors
>then soldered ram
>then soldered ssds
>now soldered stickers
>>
File: whiteboard_spider.png (609KB, 633x472px) Image search: [Google]
whiteboard_spider.png
609KB, 633x472px
>>62431879
> No stickers on the laptop
is like a whiteboard without a funny message / graffiti on it
Why even live?
>>
>>62431879
Not trying to meme here but Thinkpad?
>>
>>62431879
I have an ASUS gaymer laptop that works well with linux (bluetooth, sd card reader, wireless card all work). It didn't come with winshit, but you can just pirate that crap, or buy it separately. It has stickers, but you can remove the sticky residue with some chemicals, and it's black with some red parts.
Your best bet would be looking through some laptops, and then googling how well they work with linux.
>>
>>62431975
>soldered stickers
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>62433662
>soldered stickers
>What the fuck am I reading?
Right! Right?
When we can't upgrade the stickers because they've already been soldered on, that's where we have to draw the line!
>>
>>62431879
>what are thinkpads?
>>
File: i7559.png (1003KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
i7559.png
1003KB, 1920x1080px
Dell Inspiron i7559. I dunno if they're still available but if you can pick one up I'm sure itll be somewhat cheap because it's last years model.

>Great 4K screen, same panel as an XPS
>GTX 960M, can run everything at 1080p decently
>None of that stupid ass gaymer aesthetic. One model is black/gray, the other is black with some minor red accents.

The keyboard sucks but that's pretty much it. The only issue that linux will give you is with nvidia drivers upon install but thats an easy fix. I'm posting from mine right now.
>>
File: 1496887132905.png (2MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496887132905.png
2MB, 1000x1000px
https://www.costco.com/HP-17z-Touchscreen-Laptop---AMD-A9.product.100362802.html

Hey anons, would this be a good laptop for college? I've managed to hold out without buying a laptop for my first year of college, and this seemed to have better specs the surface pros and was cheaper but wanted to get your opinions.
>>
>>62435288
>https://www.costco.com/HP-17z-Touchscreen-Laptop---AMD-A9.product.100362802.html

no
for college, if you arent doing any heavy audio or video production, just get a thinkpad. that price can get you a nice thinkpad. and im the anon from >>62435270. I use an X240 for college and its awesome.
>>
>>62435361
>a nice thinkpad
>X240
You better have replaced the touchpad at least.
>>
>>62435391
Ive replaced the touchpad and screen (1080p panel). Fixing to upgrade the i3 I have in there to an i7 from a X250 soon. Only paid $120 and it was immaculate, can't complain. All in all I'm in about $300 so far after SSD+Touchpad+Screen. Came with 8GB of ram, can't complain.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.