[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck can this OS even exist??? NOTHING works! No hardware

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: windows10.jpg (34KB, 770x577px) Image search: [Google]
windows10.jpg
34KB, 770x577px
How the fuck can this OS even exist???
NOTHING works! No hardware gets recognized! If it even STARTS a program, it runs slower than my 2003 computer runs the same application. This is the biggest bullshit I've ever seen in my entire life...
>>
>>62429867
>How the fuck can this OS even exist???
Because it's pre installed
>>
>beeing this butthurt
>>
YOU CANT HANDLE THE BEAUTY OF THE BOTNET
>>
Gotta fire all them testers bruh, the world is the free testing branch now
>>
I actually don't mind window's 10, the few things I hate tho are:
>Start + search
It's so fucking annoying to find something, most of the time things are not on start, and search just refuses to look for them, instead offering shit online.
>File explorer
Just don't like it.
> watermark
I never gonna pay for it anyway, can fuck strait off
>apps
Hate it, if I wanted these boxes I would buy windows phone
>>
>>62429867
mein computer just werks

even my escapist anime tiddie games run fine0

get a good computer, it literally doesnt cost much these days to have something half way decent/ if you cut back on doritos and energy drinks you can save at least 10 dollars a day and multiply that by x amount of days towards a new computer. you're health with thank you as well. if you say you can't then get fucked
>>
>>62430057
Make search local through local policy durr
>>
>>62430057
>and search just refuses to look for them
Run search troubleshooter and in the search there should be this dropdown option named filters, scroll to the bottom and click change where windows searches
there you'll want to make sure your drives are being properly indexed
if you have a lot of portable programs, it won't find them, instead right click the portable program's executable and create a shortcut, if you have the general parent folder indexed, it'll find that shortcut
>>
>>62429867
I'm using since day one and never had any problem, maybe you have autism.
>>
File: designated.png (40KB, 1020x278px) Image search: [Google]
designated.png
40KB, 1020x278px
>>62429891
>>62429915
>>62430070
the shitters are still awake
>>
>>62430070
I have a brand new 6 core PC with 32gb ram and SSDs only you sperg. Despite that, Win 10 gives me a hard time about anything and just wants to fuck me in every hole until I bleed.

How come my core 2 duo trash pc is running literally the same applications better and more stable?

Fuck microshit.
>>
I have a program that tells me when drivers are ready to be downloaded. There are 4 I can not install or it will cause Windows 10 to crash and completely be reinstalled
>>
>>62430161
If you're using driveasy or programs similar, don't. They're really bad. Same with intel's auto-detection.
>>
>upgrading to winblows 10
Serves you right.
>>
>>62430057
>>Start + search
>It's so fucking annoying to find something, most of the time things are not on start, and search just refuses to look for them, instead offering shit online.

>>File explorer
>Just don't like it.

Using mint KDE and both of these are beyond excellent. I fucking love that I can hit the windows key to open my start menu and type the name of any program or file on my computer and it just instantly pops up, and then I just hit enter and it opens.

It's amazing.
And dolphin just completely puts windows file explorer to shame.

There's seven things that linux does which just btfo windows, and they are:
>File Explorer
>Integrated search
>Updates
>Package manager
>Terminal
>Ricing
>Programming/Development

There's probably some more that I haven't even tried yet, like virtualization.
>>
>>62430239
>I fucking love that I can hit the windows key to open my start menu and type the name of any program or file on my computer and it just instantly pops up, and then I just hit enter and it opens.
The same on any windows system since XP.
>>
>>62430260
No, not the same.

I have a windows 10 install. When I use the search it NEVER finds my fucking programs. Most of the time it pulls up some link to download a program from the internet, and I have to pin everything I use to the start menu instead of just typing the name in. It's fucking awful.
>>
>>62430086
>>62430107
Thanks lads, as you seem to be good with tech maybe you can answer another question regarding windows 10.
I have RX480 graphics card. When I bought it I installed drivers and all was working fine, after (Not sure if that's the case) windows update my PC was not able to correctly detect card. Like, it was showing up, but with yellow triangle. I don't remember error anymore. I reinstalled all the drivers and still nothing.
I was about to send back "broken card" when I accidently noticed that It was working again. Restarted PC and had the same issue came back.
Fast forward few hours I found a solution - when my PC turned on, I would disable and try to enable card in device manager few times, screen would flicker and card was working fine.
I was doing that for about 2 months every time when I turned on PC. Could find absolutely nothing on internet.
After next wondows update it started to just work every time without me needing to manually Disable/enable it.
It's working flawlessly for few months now, but I am afraid to reinstall windows now.
Has anyone ever expierienced anything like this?
>>
File: 20.png (37KB, 446x490px) Image search: [Google]
20.png
37KB, 446x490px
>>62430298
>When I use the search it NEVER finds my fucking programs
See >>62430107
For some reason on fresh install it by default only has start menu/pinned items as indexed which is why you're only finding things in the start menu.
After that should work like you use it in Mint.
>>
>>62430141
>6 core
>probably AMD
found your problem there
>>
>>62430357
You shouldn't be afraid to reinstall. You used DDU the first time when reinstalling GPU drivers?
>>
>>62430532
No, I did not.
And if you are asking this because of previous installs - PC was put together the same time Graphics card was bought. No other cards were ever installed that could corrupt anything.
>>
>>62430774
Useful tool to keep handy btw.
It's not only previous installations, Windows by default searches for signed drivers to install upon fresh installation. So that things just work 'out of the box'. Sometimes things get messed up for various reasons like not restarting the system after fresh install and trying to install drivers on top, etc. which means the drivers wind up fighting each other.
Anyways oversimplified the behind the scenes chaos. DDU disables the default installation and allows for a clean driver install of your choice. Although you're free to disable default driver installation yourself (can be done by searching 'device installation' and clicking change default... and then 'no').
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.