[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LG V20 or Oneplus 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: images (37).jpg (14KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images (37).jpg
14KB, 512x287px
Hello /g/entoomen,
My old iPhone 4S just died on me.
Just curious if anyone here uses a V20 or 1+ 5.
Is the audio quality of V20 that impressive?
Screen quality of One plus 5 average?
Help me out /g/
>>
>>62428549
Quad DAC is next level shit.
>>
Why not the v30?
>>
>>62428549
v20
>>
>>62428589
So just the quad DAC hardware good enough to warrant this purchase?
Hmm
>>
V20. Screen is nice, the second screen is double nice, and the audio quality is surprisingly good. Custom ROM scene is lacking for Verizon but LG has so little bloatware to start with its alright. Only complaint I have with mine is the battery life, and even then its not bad. Just won't go a full 2 days without charging with regular use.
>>
>>62428912
Removable battery.
>>
>>62429018
Colors on oneplus are accurate because of DCI-P3 profile it has. What about the V20?
It has high pixel density, sure, but how accurate is it in terms of color reproduction?
>>
File: showimage.jpg (27KB, 659x178px) Image search: [Google]
showimage.jpg
27KB, 659x178px
>>62429273
Good enough for most, but for sure not the best.
https://www.phonearena.com/reviews/LG-V20-Review_id4262
Has a nice rundown and graphs.
tl;dr: color temp is 9000k, pic related.
>>
V20, hasn't slowed down yet, great all around
>>
>>62428549
v30 out soon m8, why not just wait for that?
>>
one plus 5 doesn't have sdcard slot.
>>
>>62428549
I got the V20 and it's awesome. Quad DAC rocks, SD card support supports AC wifi (don't know if the one plus does but when I was shopping lots of chink phones didn't).

I run stock rooted and it's smooth. I haven't tried third party ROMs but they're plentiful.
>>
>>62428549
I have the v20 h918
Issues: if you root stock kernel has a script that slows down your phone, so youll need a kernel with that removed,

charges extremely slow with the screen on but you can modify a system charging config file to improve that,

Headphone jack is unusable with 3 pin headphones since any movement will make it think you are pressing the button on headset that 3pin headphones don't have, can be fixed with root and disabling that button in a system file

Batteries on my old g pro, g3, and my current v20 shit the bed and cause random restarts after 8-12months of heavy use, luckily they are replaceable.

H918p is unrootable as of now

Lineage os support is bad, touch screen issues

That's all the bad i can think of after a few months of having this phone, i got it used so its 10months old, but i believe all v20s are prone to these issues.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.