[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How feasible it is to buy broken iphones to fix and resell?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1419816488545.png (570KB, 1327x576px) Image search: [Google]
1419816488545.png
570KB, 1327x576px
How feasible it is to buy broken iphones to fix and resell?
I feel I will fall behind if I keep limiting myself to repairing desktops and laptops, when the market is shifting to mobile. So I'm considering getting broken phones to learn to work on, and hopefully afterwards resell for a profit. Obviously the high resale value of iphones does interest me, but all the tyrone threads of locked iphones leave me thinking how likely am I to get buttfucked into buying a locked phone, especially if I can't turn it on or see what comes up on the screen.
>>
>>62426928
Give it back Jamal
>>
>>62427008

Yes, usually that's what happens after you repair it.
>>
>>62426928
It isn't very feasible since most normies prefer to just buy the newest model instead of fixing an old one.
You'd just be catering to poorfags who will want a lower price anyways for the repair.
>>
>>62426928

If someone signs into iCloud on an iPhone - and Apple attempts to persuade the user to quite often - then the Activation Lock is enabled by default. So most iPhones are locked and from what I found, it's safer to assume most are.

Used, unlocked and working iPhones do command a strong resale value, but it's a shit market to get into considering how difficult it is to find, fix and assemble even one unlocked and working unit.
>>
>>62426928
Stupid question.
Why are the iphones so hard to unlock?, I know it can be done and the iclound protection can be bypassed, and they do it at a hardware level, but how does the whole thing work?

Not looking for a "stole a phone wat do?" typical replies, just want to know the shit behind the whole thing.

A "friend" of mine has another "friend" who resides in a country that's not a steaming pile of shit, he sends back old used iphones every couple of months, which are sold as replacement parts as they are locked, and I know for sure some mofos can unlock them but the cost is too high for some reason and selling them as is is cheaper.
>>
Well that's a bummer, especially with how profitable it sounds.
On a related note, any suggestions on what to use to learn component level repair? I feel it's a field I should dive in, with how soldered-in the market is becoming
>>
>>62426928
> ft. Mugi
It's not Mugi, it's that retarded girl from Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
> eat shit miofags
That's not polite too since K-ON community shouldn't be divided.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.