[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that I can get a job a CCNA or other certificates?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

File: zj6xrW1.png (131KB, 793x645px) Image search: [Google]
zj6xrW1.png
131KB, 793x645px
Is it true that I can get a job a CCNA or other certificates? I have no degree and I'm tired of working minimum wage jobs.

I want to do something in technology
>>
yep... Certification is the way to go then. It helped me get a job
>>
>>62425305
I'll sell you my CCNA 1 cert for 40 bucks
>>
>>62425349
Even without experience?
>>
It depends on where you live

I was also like you OP and i got my CCNA by entirely learning on my own, it didn't mean jack shit in my country. Employers either don't know what it is or simply don't care
>>
>>62425371
But I dont have the same name as you

>>62425403
I live in Canada
>>
>>62425379
yes
>>
>>62425410
>Canada

Then you're probably ok with ccna

If i were you i'd go with mcsa/linux/server certs

maintaining networks just sucks for entry positions mate
>>
>>62425439
I just want to get started on anything man.

Im 21 and I worked like 10+ different cuckjobs so far. Pay is terrible but even worse than the pay is that you dont learn anything at all at these kinds of jobs. Will those certificates actually help me get a job without experience? Does it require lying?
>>
>get some meme cisco cert during college
>put it on my cv
>get called to interview
>they are really impressed by the certificate (this was a small company though so they probably overvalued it because cisco is a large company)
>get hired
>have to spend most of my time using google because I got the cert 8 years ago and forgot 90% of what I had been taught
At least it helped me get actual work experience which is valued far more than some stupid certificate
>>
>>62425495
learn webdev

honestly that is tech area where you can start earning money the quickest you start learning.

getting ccna will take like 2-3 months if you learn on your own. My biggest issue was there came a moment where i couldn't practice only in emulation software and i had to build my own network and these old cisco routers and switches that are affordable for me sound like faggots, screeching noises made want to change profession immediately. Also, even used firewalls like 5505 ASA were like $200 and that is almost monthly salary here, fuck that shit. Also, i didn't find a job with it but that was my shitty region (Balkans)

if you're lucky you can get a job with it. I know i didn't have any luck with it
>>
>>62425579
>$2000 is monthly salary
Lol minimum wage is $2000/month here, what a different world.

As for webdev i know I read like ~40% of webdevs have no degree but im confused but what specifically to learn. It feels like there's 100's of different frameworks, languages, and libraries they expect you to be good with in job listings.
>>
>>62425642
not 2000, it's $3-400/month. Firewall was 200

I agree cisco field of study is more clear, webdev invents a framework every new month that is a new fad and it gets really tiresome

I can recommend this torrent. Whole course is ~30 hours long and taught by university professor

https://www.freetutorials.us/how-to-create-a-website-an-html-tutorial-and-css-tutorial/
>>
>>62425786
Oh yeah I added an extra zero but here it's $2000/month...

I have a friend from Eastern Ukraine and he calls me a faggot because I'm not using the most of my opportunity. Thank you I will check out that course.
>>
>>62425843
Minimum wage I mean here* I cant even type
>>
>>62425843
You can't even imagine how much effort people from 3rd world have to take to be even remotely on par with you guys
>>
>>62425895
Feels bad for you bros
>>
>>62425305
>I'm tired of working minimum wage jobs.
>I want to do something in technology

Not sure if school is an option, but if you're in Ontario you can apply for OSAP. If you live on your own it's more than enough to cover tuition costs. Then you can often do summer internships and co-op through your program. It's a bit longer, but taking the right steps practically guarantees employment and that you'll be doing something that you enjoy.
>>
>>62425379
haha no
>>
>>62426852
Problem is my marks are too shit so id need to redo a few and also my parents make a lot of money which cucks my osap capabilities. Also I can never decide on what to study, I get discouraged by everyone when they say they have a degree in EE and work part time in Tims
>>
>>62426993
For OSAP, that depends. Do you live on your own or with your parents? If you've lived on your own for over a year OSAP doesn't factor in parental incomes.

In terms of stem degrees, often times I find people with a STEM degree that work at tims don't utilize any of the opportunities at their university. A degree isn't a guarantee of employment, but it gives a lot of opportunities and opens a lot of doors you otherwise wouldn't have. I haven't heard of a single person from my previous wagecuck jobs with a degree that feels they made the most of their schooling and the opportunities they had while they were there. They sort of just took the piece of paper and thought employers would be lining up to call them.

I know how you feel though, I was basically in the same position for a really long time until I decided to redo my marks and apply for uni. I'm 24 doing first year EE, but I actually feel like I'm doing something with my life now. Feels good man, you can do it too.
>>
>>62427279
I live with my parents but I live far AF from any college or uni so unless I'm going to UofT or York there's no way to commute in a reasonable time.

I think the independent thing also depends how long you've been out of highschool and if you've been in and out of highschool more than once. Seems terribly confusing though with all the various nuances...

I realize that getting a degree is probably best though. Im seeing so many job listings where they dont even care about a relevant degree they just say "Any bachelor's degree".

I have friends who went to literally who schools, with mediocre GPAs making decent money too. Im just lost, scared, and confused at this point. Im wasting my only life and I feel horribly guilty and bad about it.

My parents are disappointed in me but worse of all im disappointed in myself. I know I could be doing more. There's no reason for me not to be. I just want to make it.
>>
>>62427665

>just want to make it

So it really doesn't matter what you do as long as you make money, right?

If you had a real love of technology you would have already set up a home network with PCs scrounged from the trash, turned your mom's recipes into a database and taught yourself Python. But you haven't, which honestly means you don't love it at all but just think it's the easy way to quick cash.

Keep working different jobs. Nothing worse than being stuck in one you hate, particularly when you start to have responsibilities.
>>
File: 1505077077526.jpg (130KB, 832x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1505077077526.jpg
130KB, 832x1049px
>>62425305
4years experience or bachelors
>>
>>62427665
Is residence not an option? Even if it's just for the first year. Then you can always find a different place to live second year once you get to know the area. If your parents make enough, you could ask them to support you on that.

Anyway, my advice is that you should hit up whatever adult high school is closest to you and check in with their guidance office. Reason being, that the counselors there are often really good and really well versed in this stuff. They deal with tons of people in similar situations all the time. If you tell them what your goals are, they can give you some tools, ideas, support, etc. I guess it depends a bit on the school, but they we're really helpful in my case when I was feeling the same way.

Don't worry about wasting your life, you're 21 man. That's still really young. But if you want to do uni and need to redo some marks, I'd probably advise you to start looking into going back soon so you can apply in February if you want. Uni covers a broad spectrum and if choose something broad like CS you can always switch your major or narrow down your choices later on.
>>
>>62428053
My parents dont really want to pay it though. There's no decent adult highschool in my area, only one for new immigrants which I guess I could visit.

Im thinking about going to a random highschool and talking to a guidance counsellor to help me
>>
>>62425305
Get your A+ so you can have spending monies to buy cisco shit off ebay. Make sure they come with licenses
>>
>>62428290
The biggest part of a IT interview is showing up, so just apply for a position if you have confidence in what they're looking for.
>>
>>62426900
Haha yes... this guy doesn't even now what certificate even means
>>
>>62428316
Really?
>>
>>62428225
That's a decent idea. You could also give the one nearest to you a call as well, even if it's pretty far. Both are good options really, and they'll point you in the right direction either way.
>>
>>62428423
I live in Aurora
>>
>>62428486
Is the Dr. Bette Stephenson Centre in Oak Ridges not an option? Seems pretty close to aurora mate. You should give them a call.
>>
>>62428687
I guess it is but it conflicts with my wagecuck job (which im thinking about quitting)
>>
File: 9a2.png (11KB, 377x326px) Image search: [Google]
9a2.png
11KB, 377x326px
>>62428841
Either move your shifts to evening hours or find something that gives you evening shifts. Fuck any job that conflicts with school, that shits important. Give them a call and visit the guidance office there. You can do it anon, I believe in you.
>>
>>62428982
Thank you anon...
>>
Certs are for retards nobody will take you seriously
>>
The reality of your situation is this.

>New promotion opportunity opens up at work, means a pay raise, and a big increase in responsibilities.

Company policy is to post the ad online but they like to hire within. Few applicants, it's looking like you're in. Until at the last minute a new graduate applies. He has a degree, he has internship, and impeccable references. Sorry anon, we had to go with the guy with education.

This will be the story of your life, as you are passed over, and overlooked the entirety of your career for not having a diploma. You will have to jump from job to job, just to keep pace with your knowledge and skill set as each new position you have to apply for gets more and more competitive.

You will always be the low man on the totem pole. Always. You will always be advanced as a matter of last resort either to keep you, or to push you in to someone else's department.
>>
>>62429418
Okay? I just need my foot in the door.

There's got to be a ton of open positions, by your logic then unless you went to prestigious boarding school, gold medalist in Equestrian sports, then went to a target school for Investment Banking with a perfect GPA and interned at Goldman Sachs for every summer you'll be overlooked in favour of some rich Jew who has deep familial connections.

Wtf senpai there's got to be a place for me.
>>
>>62425403
What country?
>>
>>62426993
How are you unemployed if your parents have good jobs can't you ask them, maybe get a degree in their field? You're a manchild
>>
>>62430288
The treshold isn't that high and my parents cant really set me up with anything
>>
>>62431360
Why? No parent would do this to their child. Are you being suspicious or did they tell you that?
>>
>>62431493
I asked them, there's no opportunities.
>>
>>62432575
Lol bullshit you're a lazy cunt. You're probably living with them. If they didn't want to help you, you'd be out a long time ago.
>>
>>62434495
They want to help me but they dont have a position where they're able to get me a job. My mom said she could MAYBE help me if I had a degree for some openings at the company she works at.
>>
>>62425439
Maintaining a Linux server sounds way better than having to do stupid shit like clean the bathrooms before my shift is over at my fast food place

$499 for a cert though that's a little expensive right now. Will I make my money back once I get a job??
>>
>>62428317
>>62426900
>>62425379
10 years exp Net engineer here. A cert and some drive MIGHT get you a job on a helpdesk. You're gonna do bitch work without a degree bud
>>
>>62425786
Come to America man
>>
>>62435043
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>62435189
helpdesk still pays shit. Your best chance is going to school
>>
>>62425579

You aren't going to get a CCNA in two months if you don't have prior experience in the field.
>>
>>62427936
I'm stuck with this as well. Going for a bachelors means you have to take those general ed classes for 2 years and the next two years are about your career/what you want to major in. Plus on top of that student dept. idk anymore
>>
>>62425410
if you're in vancouver take a look at bcit's cisa program
>>
>>62425305
Let's be real, you're probably not going to like any of the jobs you land with a CCNA. They're probably not going to be what you think they are, but they're a far better option that flipping burgers like a fag for the rest of your life.
>>
>>62427665
www.selfauthoring.com

Do the future authoring. Search around on Google. There's usually a free code.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.