[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I own a dumbphone? I can't think of any real benefit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5837.jpg (46KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5837.jpg
46KB, 1200x800px
Should I own a dumbphone? I can't think of any real benefit that the smartphone has brought to my life. It's all fluff and fast stimuli and all those "productive" apps are a mirage of actual productivity. I'm even shitposting right now from a smartphone.
>>
Maybe you should then. You probably know better than complete strangers.
>>
It's pretty incredible to me that like 99% of the population is falling for the smartphone meme. I would expect maybe 80 or 90% but not literally everyone.
>>
>>62424690
Unless you actually spend your night in places without a power outlet, why would you not want one?
>>
>>62424711
Don't need one
Expensive
Too big
Constant barrage of advertising
Full of dark patterns to draw you in
Botnet
>>
>I have an application for a smartphone, should I get rid of it?
>>
>>62424798
Nobody NEEDS anything more than food, water, shelter. Everything is a convenience.
They're not that expensive. My handset cost £130 and works absolutely fine.
As long as it fits in your pocket, what's the problem?
There's no need to used advertising-funded apps, and adblockers aren't hard to employ.
I don't know what the fuck a 'dark pattern' is.
You're already in the botnet.
>>
No, especially older ones. The call quality is bad and relies on 2G.
>>
File: mint sim.png (67KB, 1366x597px) Image search: [Google]
mint sim.png
67KB, 1366x597px
>>62424644
I find them useful, but you gotta shop around for the best plans.
>>
>>62424896
American plans are sad. I added £20 to my account at the start of the year good for 2gb of data. Given that I only really use mobile data for maps, travel timetables, and text communication, I'm only half way through that in september.
>>
>>62424896
>those reddit-named plans
>>
>>62424967
>>62424896
>paid 100 kurwabux in January
>use 2x5 local currency to buy 2x700MB Internet
>still have 17 units and 270 MB left and it's almost October

It's just cheap, and maps & Clover don't use much Internet
100 kurwabux = 28 burgerbux
>>
>>62424644
Yeah, I recently dumped my smartphone for a Kyocera basic phone.
>>
>>62424644
Well, I envy you for not needing any "productive" apps. Whatever anybody says - it's very convinient to have maps with all the information about traffic jams, road blocks, etc. Same goes for a 24 hour access to emails and free (not as in freedom of speech) messaging with an ability to send files (Whatsapp). Also it's very convinient to look up some website, call a cab, etc. Pretty sure my life without a samrtphone would be a lot less comfortable.
>>62424798
cell phones are botnet by a concept. Dumb phones are not on the same level as latest Apple products where they store your face, fingerprints, etc. but there is still enough backdoors in dumbphones to hurt your freedom and privacy.
But nobody cares about that - just look how poor Librem 5 fundraising campaign is doing
>>
File: 1505202680373.jpg (56KB, 800x666px) Image search: [Google]
1505202680373.jpg
56KB, 800x666px
In all honesty a desktop or a laptop is still far superior to anything, especially shitposting. So on my smartphone I only really use basic apps and I don't even play any of the bullshit mobile games on it. But I still have one. The camera is a great reason to carry one along with all the different PDA apps that were the main reason for the existence of these things in the first place.
>>
>>62424644
I could live without social media and the mobile games easy. but I don't know what I'd do without GPS and searching things like store hours and information. It'd suck.
>>
>>62425314
>Same goes for a 24 hour access to emails and free

this alone makes SPs worse, you need less noise your lyf
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.