[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can batteries charge faster than they expend energy? doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1497074856979.gif (2MB, 275x206px) Image search: [Google]
1497074856979.gif
2MB, 275x206px
How can batteries charge faster than they expend energy? doesn't that break the first law of thermodynamics?
>>
>>62423966
How can I fill my car's gas tank faster than it empties while driving? doesn't that break the first law of thermodynamics?
>>
File: 1505328405080.png (714KB, 1080x1237px) Image search: [Google]
1505328405080.png
714KB, 1080x1237px
>>62423966
>>>/sci/
>>
it cant
chargers compensate for loads while charging

also capacitors allow faster output than input
>>
>>62423966
Why would it? Batteries are basically just a reversible chemical reaction. It releases energy as electricity in one way, but you can make it run the other way by dumping energy into it. Dump a whole lot of energy into it and you can run it the other way really fast.
>>
Nerd!
>>
>>62423966
You're absolutely right. Someone should call NASA
>>
>>62424014
Don't call (((NASA))) they're in on it.
>>
>>62423966
how can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real? doesn't that break the first law of thermodynamics?
>>
>>62423966
>thermodynamics
just stop
>>
>>62423966
No it doesnt.
Batteries can gain/expend energy at any rate that is lower than tgeir blow up current.
Blow up current is defined by equation
P=I^2*R
Where R is battery internal resistance
P is power loss on resistance (blowup power is when the value is high enough to boil electrolite)
I is the blowup current derived from blowup power.

R and P depend on battery type size and design.
>>
they don't

also, the intensity/amperage fluctuates all the fucking time

both charging, both discharging

the values you see on both the battery and the charger are for the nominal cell ... which applies for a brief moment in time.

usually, they're trying to sell stuff in "safe" parameters, to avoid the battery exploding from heat. that is, a charge chip with pre-calculated parameters which should limit the current from the charge irregardless of the charger.

that being said, most phones draw around 0.25-5 A/hour from the battery, while batteries charge around 1-2 A, while the battery is probably actually rated for 4-7A in the factory but shit would explode after few cycles.

at physical level, matter, as it is, doesn't discern between "volts" and "amps" for ceding energy to another object. this is ... from our point of view.
>>
>>62423966
It is very interesting, that illiterates think that the four laws of thermodynamic say something about the speed of energy conversion.

It is even perfectly conform with the laws, that a system that is supposed to change fast (like the breaking of a dam) is slowing down it self (by blocking itself with debris).
>>
>>62423979
fpbp
the shitposting is pretty unbearable now
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.