[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting real tired of this laggy shit crashing all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

I'm getting real tired of this laggy shit crashing all the time and trying to work with it's clunky UI (just try to move layers around and in and out of groups)

Is this really the best linux has to offer? systemax needs to make SAI compatible asap
>>
>>62422210
Get the GIMP, fa.m
>>
>>62422210
At least the mascot is cute
>>
Microsoft Windows doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>62422286
He's talking about a graphical manipulation program, not an operating system.
>>
>>62422286
wtf, Krita on windows is no better
>>
>>62422286
photoshop does have that annoying focus bug when it starts up when it steals focus from windows 3-4 times before it finally fucks off
>>
>>62422210
>the best linux has to offer
Linux is an operating system, dumbshit.

Ask the Krita developers. Or ask Adobe why they don't support Linux.
>>
>>62422451
Linux is a kernel
>>
File: 1505286579063.jpg (63KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1505286579063.jpg
63KB, 960x960px
>>62422451
>Linux is an operating system, dumbshit.
>>
>>62422210
Use mypaint... Or use a stable version of krita
>>
Krita has a pretty dogshit interface. Look at Autodesk's sketchbook for a better interface for artists.
Nice program though.
>>
>>62422210
SAI doesn't keep autobacks, if it crashes say goodbye to whatever you were doing since the last time you hit save, so it's not really worth porting either.
>>
>>62422724
sai is only for windows
>>
>>62422496
>>62422499
It certainly is not a fucking graphics design application.
>>
>>62422234
Never do this. Do >>62422507 that. Stable versions exist for reasons.
>>
>>62422210
Install photoshop using PlayOnLinux.
>>
Krita's okay but it's pretty heavy for what it's actually doing.

Feels like a fully functional photoshop clone in responsiveness, but it's got 1/10th the actual capability.

Earlier I tried to put some text on an image - couldn't force an opaque background behind the text for the life of me, something mspaint can fucking do. So I decided I'd make a rectangle and put the text on top of that. Well I couldn't figure out how to make a rectangle either. I could draw a box, but then I had to fill it in with the bucket tool.

It should not take me 30 minutes to do something in gimp/krita that takes me 30 seconds to do in fucking mspaint
>>
Honestly only bad artists use fancy graphics programs to draw. A good artist can produce a masterpiece in ms paint.
>>
Give them money and they could work more on it.
Maybe give them your hardware to test on.

41 people have given them money.
>>
File: 1479546842458.png (2MB, 1028x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1479546842458.png
2MB, 1028x1500px
>>62422451
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
>>
Unfortunately this software is made for free by hobbyists. One problem i find with open source is the "if it works for me thats fine, fuck everyone else" attitude a lot have. User experience isn't really a concern for them.

Maybe consider some Wine and run open canvas or something?
>>
>>62423036
i thiiiink this should trigger the filter
>>
>>62422912
You should read the manual. Krita is a digital painting software. It is not meant for making memes. If you want something simple use superb Paint.NET on Windows or Pinta if on Linux.

As to how you do it. Write text, add new layer below, select it, rectancle selection around the text and bucket. I haven't even use the software before, just opened it and checked the interface tooltips.
>>
>>62422604
SAI 2 has this feature now
>>
File: lol.jpg (38KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
38KB, 600x300px
>>62422210
>linux
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.