[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there a gaming laptop that i can get with good battery life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (4KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 270x187px
is there a gaming laptop that i can get with good battery life 16gb of ram and a 1060 gtx?
>>
If you want to waste $2000 then sure
>>
>>62421151
"Gaming laptop" what a joke
>>
>>62421182
You live in 2013
>>
something...something...inspiron 15 7000
>>
>>62421151
I think the Alienware 15 is the gaming laptop with the best battery life, simply because it uses the biggest battery.

Just skip gsync panels
>>
>>62421190
I just don't see the point. Buy a base i5 upgrade RAM and 960 pro m.2 and your done.
>>
who the fuck actually takes their gaming laptop outside of the house to play? all games are online now, you dont need to physically be next to your friends when you play

gaming laptops are complete wastes of money
>>
do you want to play modern releases and not pay a fortune for something that has an order of magnitude less performance per dollar than a desktop? get fucked lmao

do you want something that can play games released in 2012 or before at a decent FPS? grab a nice laptop with a decent nvidia GPU, but don't expect to go over 720p or 1080p. there's a wide swath of quality games that were released over 5 years ago that you should be able to have fun with. the integrated graphics on my chinkpad does Fallout 3/New Vegas at an acceptable quality
>>
>>62421260
If you're constantly on the move its a good investment.
Its not like I can take a big gaming rig everywhere.
>>
>>62421286
i bet you're the guy that plays league in the library while I'm trying to solve pde's
>>
Just get an XPS 15 if you need a dGPU. It's fine enough for games and isn't a housefire on the move.
>>
>>62421317
No I don't play shit games like the one you listed.
In any case, different people can find use in the portability.
I'm sorry its so hard for you to understand this.
>>
>>62421260
What about people who go to sea or deploy over seas? It's nice to be able to play games after a day of working (which I'm sure you know nothing about).
>>
>>62421325
I've watched quite a few reviews on the XPS 15 and it seems like a total piece of shit.
>>
>>62421237
i guess ill just get that
>>62421228
they ruined its great battery
>>
File: 1481971991215.jpg (58KB, 600x263px) Image search: [Google]
1481971991215.jpg
58KB, 600x263px
>>62421260
>make itx bitchbuild a few years back with a fury nano in that ridiculous handle case
>weighs 20 pounds but its easy to carry
problem solved nerd
>>
>>62421260
people whose work takes them away from home for weeks to a month at times.

That being said a Raven Ridge APU at 15W TDP should be good for a 3 to 5 hour on batteries.
>>
>>62421151
>>/v/
>>
>>62421922
no this is /g/
no one on /v/ knows about laptops
>>
>>62421151
Just don't use gaming laptop for battery life, pro tip

If you want battery life get a dual core PC
>>
>>62421395
Name one review that says it's bad other than the coil whine
>>
>>62422021
No one on /g/ does either unless it's a 10+ year old chinkpad with loonix
>>
>Gaming laptop
>Use a trolley to cart it outside
>Sit down and turn it on
>Start your game up
>Just as it gets in-game your battery runs out

Why?
>>
>>>/v/

also get a desktop pc and a normal notebook
>>
>>62422089
i have a desktop pc. need an on the go one man
>>
>>62421151
Laptops aren't for gaming my man
>>
>>62421151
razer blade 2017 desu senpai
>>
I just ordered an acer predator hrlios 300. According to the reviews that should be a good fit for you as well but i haven't got mine yet so I can't confirm
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.