[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some doomsday scenarios of the Equifax hacks? What if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: Equifax_logo_fb-865x452.jpg (21KB, 865x452px) Image search: [Google]
Equifax_logo_fb-865x452.jpg
21KB, 865x452px
What are some doomsday scenarios of the Equifax hacks? What if the data leak causes an epidemic of identity fraud?
>>
>if
It will.
You don't get 143 million SSNs and credit histories and just decide not to sell them off.
>>
>>62417494
Would this cause the government to scrap SSN and come up with a new method of identification?
>>
I'm actually kinda hoping it was a state actor.
State actors aren't in it to make money from selling the personal data, so your risk of identity theft is lower.

My thoughts are that this was done by the same group of people that were behind the OPM (Office of Personnel Management) attack (like the Chinese).
They probably want to tie together security clearance information obtained from OPM and tie it that person's credit history.

People with financial trouble are more likely to sell state secrets.
>>
>>62417562
But the a security clearance covers all everything that could possibly be useful in blackmailing, that includes credit history.
>>
>>62417518

This would be the ideal scenario. In all likelihood, not happening. Better freeze your credit.
>>
>>62418496
Right, but during the evaluation for the clearance they mostly only check if you're late on your payments.
If you're barely scraping by, but all of your bills are paid on time, you'll sail right through it.

These are probably the people that adversary states would target. They're vulnerable, but still off-the-radar.
>>
File: 7ef[1].jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7ef[1].jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>be you
>info leaked in equifax breach
>mexican mafia acquires list sometime in a year or so through 'muh darkweb'
>sells to mexican illegals
>they get a drivers license from some shitty state like montana who doesn't do proper verification
>they get into a car accident killing a person and flee the scene
>police hunt you down and arrest you

you now have an uphill battle fighting in court to prove that it was not you.
>>
The culprit for the Equifax hack (and who know how many others):

https://struts.apache.org/docs/s2-052.html
>>
>>62417518

Enter FaceID.
>>
>>62417430
Maybe trump will announce a jubilee year and reset all the debt. Nah, he'd get JFK'd. We're fucked fellow gentiles.
>>
>>62420075
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41257576
>>
>>62417518
Conservatives would never allow it. Some of them think national ID is the mark of the beast, big government, 1984, etc. Other conservatives don't want to have a free, universal, easy to get form of ID because then blacks and Hispanic citizens could easily vote. Much easier to suppress the vote when all forms of ID are optional or shitty.

Also, to anticipate one common but fallacious counter-argument. No, this does not presuppose minorities are inferior or too unintelligent to get some form of ID. They have a hard time because they are the ones being targeted. It would be possible, through slightly different means, to target white people just as effectively. One obvious example: reduce the number of DMVs in white neighborhoods or shorten their operating hours forcing people to take time off work.
>>
File: 1503949975568.png (282KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1503949975568.png
282KB, 625x626px
>>62420165
>>
>>62420165

>conservatives
>champions of voter ID laws
>against some new form of identification

Yeah naw. If anything this is just the perfect backdoor for Voter ID laws. Dems will shit a brick but they have a scared and confused populous that will likely get behind it.
>>
>>62420165
>this is the average libcuck
CNN has you running scared kid
>>
>>62420165
And dems would never allow it because it would make it impossible for any non-citizen to vote.
With how much information the US government has on its citizens a national ID would just be making use of what they have. It works in Europe.
>>
So far my steps:

>sign up for equifax protection
>*please come back on the 12th
>on the 12th I signed up
>*please wait for log in info to be emailed
>now the 14th
>went to get my annual credit report
>got one report for Experian with no problems (thank god)
>trying to get other two reports
>*transunion can't provide you a report, being too busy because of the hack

I don't want to freeze my credit, so I'll just monitor for now.
>>
>>62420743
Yeah conservatives want less people to vote. If anything they would embrace all sorts of IDs in order to whittle the voting population down to boomers and other old people.
>>
>>62420165
>Some of them think national ID is the mark of the beast
Well hey, now they can wake up.
They can also wake up to the fact that paper cash is also needed to buy or sell anything, yet it's not screamed about as literally Satan.
>>
>>62420806
>be registered democratic
>able to vote
>worried conservatives will have citizen only voter id
>lose ability to vote
Scared about DACA kid?
>>
Nothing will change. Stolen identities are not in short supply as it is, and buyers are not going to suddenly decide to start buying more fulls now. A small minority will have credit cards taken out in their name maybe? Ultimately it wont affect their credit score or life.

There is no doomsday. Literally the only difference between this leak and normal every day stolen identities for sale is that the victim is average people and not just grandpa giving his info to Pajeet from the IRS calling on a google voice number.
>>
>>62420806
>>
>>62420878
>when conservatives destroy the education system and then call you racist for saying urban youths are uneducated
>>
>>62420888
>when the education system was fine until the government took over in an effort to enact implement some grandiose plan to fix black people when in reality they simply have an average IQ which is one full standard deviation below that of white people
>>
>>62420888
>when urban youths live in majorly democratic areas
>>
>>62420903
>when dumber rural youth of all races live in totally republican areas
>>
>when people are dumb enough to have governments
>>
>>62420898
Imagine believing you're superior to another race but literally not being able to grok sociology 101. Crazy shit famalambam
>>
There is already an epidemic of identity fraud. Thousands of reports are made daily to banks and credit agencies regarding illegitimate purchases and loans made with peoples information.
>>
>>62420964
>not believing statistics
>>
>>62420978
you're gonna be so mad when you find out IQ tests are in step with head calipers
>>
>>62421009
>IQ tests don't matter because my niggers don't score high enough
nice
>>
>>62417518
No. Why should the government care if people get fucked over by the money? They help the money fuck people in most cases.
>>
>>62421031
>phrenology doesn't matter because my niggers have certain bumps in certain areas

epic win
>>
>>62421009
is this bait
>>
>IQ denialist
at least we can all go home early
>>
>>62421069
>18th century "medicine" I learned from my college professor proves niggers aren't subhuman
nice
>>
>>62420964
Blacks are genetically inferior, at least when comparing to Europeans and Asians that is definitely true. Europeans and Asians had to live through several ice ages which allowed only the most intelligent to survive but for Africans intelligence wasnt as necessary because they werent forced to hunt food such as those affected by the ice age. You couldnt become a good hunter with low intelligence. Neanderthal DNA and Denisovan DNA is found in the people of every single ancient civilization known to man but not found in Africans (apart from Northern) which never had any ancient civilizations. I suppose thats merely a coincidence, right?
>>
>>62421132
>genetically
Meant to say intellectually not genetically. All races evolved to survive best in their own habitat so that isnt true
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.