[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the method computer repair shops use to access unbootable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: No_linux.png (44KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
No_linux.png
44KB, 334x393px
What is the method computer repair shops use to access unbootable hard drives?

I'm asking because I was told my hard drive was so damaged it needed to be reformatted, and the repairman HATES Linux to the max so I know he didn't use a live CD to find that out.
>>
File: 1504987182597.jpg (95KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
1504987182597.jpg
95KB, 960x717px
>>62415358
Whatever they feel like.
Mom and pop shops don't know what the fuck they're doing 90% of the time and just stumble to the answer with google or reinstall to fix it.
>>
>>62415358
I just LOVE these threads with a picture of a Tux, the Programming Penguin, with a giant red crossed red circle across it. It really fires up those neurons.
>>
We've had this thread in many different forms recently. Kindly fuck off you shitposting fag
>>
>>62415358
we had this thread before, kys
>>
>>62415358
By connecting them to computer running windows via usb/sata/ide cables
>>
>>62415358
they use a live distro, repair shops that format you drive do it because they don't give a fuck about the software part and its much faster to delete 10 years worth of data and say:

>ups it was damaged

A semi old lady entered a repair shop and the owner formatted the drive without even needing just because it maybe solves problems, the thing is that the drive contained a novel that the pour stupid normie lady was written, 4 years of work into the trash because you cant do a fucking backup or use git to maintain your code in sync.

Pro tip, that guy cant repair computers stay away
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.