[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where the fuck are custom vega cards? only one confirmed version,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: ROG-STRIX-RXVEGA64-O8G-GAMING.jpg (308KB, 1280x939px) Image search: [Google]
ROG-STRIX-RXVEGA64-O8G-GAMING.jpg
308KB, 1280x939px
where the fuck are custom vega cards?
only one confirmed version, and not even teasers from the usual big partners.

Not even sapphire and xfx, and they're both fucking exclusive AMD gpu partners. They need those cards.
>>
>>62410769
it's their fucking raison d'etre.

if evga waited 1 month after an nvidia release to at least tease their new skus there would be blood on the streets.
>>
you don't seem to the gravity of the situation

raja is fired, RTG soon to be no more

vega were the last consumer cards by AMD, don't expect aftermarket designs
>>
Vega is a consumer workstation card that got confused for a gaming card. There were no original plans to make aftermarket coolers, same as a Firepro or some shit.
The second issue is mining. Why even bother with an aftermarket cooler if more than half the people buying the cards are just gonna run the stock cooler at max rpm to mine anyway? There's no profit to be made, miners are going to buy the cheapest card, which will always be the stock ones
>>
>>62410821
he took a fucking vacation, moron.
nvidia shills waste no effort to spread fud on anything that might stick. It's disgusting.
>>
>>62410869
he's on 'sabbatical leave' aka fired
>>
>>62410831
>There were no original plans to make aftermarket coolers

I really doubt that. At the least the 1 or more year of hype would ensure that big partners would make sure they had some plans worth of consideration ahead of the launch, not to mention that the launch itself was delayed - so, this lag between the first release is all the more weird. I can't see AMD going the extra mile to explicitly bar partners from doing custom designs for Vega in the same way Nvdia Titans do.
>>
>>62410907
sabbatical is literally a vacation.
fired is fired.
License is a temporary leave, with or without stipend.

kids who can't even read are spreading this fud. ffs.
>>
>mfw AIB partners cant even get a hold of Vega
>>
Limited availability = later aftermarket cards

Will they even do custom boards since the reference board is already capable of dealing with any power draw you'd want to throw at it?
>>
>>62411010
The design phase is long gone.
They surely could at least announce their new cards. Even if a big warning for "october availability" or something like that.
>>
>>62411041
original board design + sapphire cooler = win
and it's not like it's benath the likes of msi to design a far worse (cheaper) board and slap their flashy (albeit good) heatsinks on them.
>>
>>62410831
>Vega is a consumer workstation card that got confused for a gaming card.
?
RX Vega is explicitly gaymen card.
>>
>>62410869
Sorry but the other anon is right. When he comes back he won't be in charge of RTG or he will decide to "move on".

They don't fire because it hurts the stock price. But for all intents and purposes he is fired. What we don't know is if he is fired from AMD completely or if he will take up a different position there.
>>
File: 1502145869729.gif (819KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1502145869729.gif
819KB, 400x225px
>>62410869
>newspress about fucking vacation

Ja...
>>
Who cares? They'd be a bad buy at their inflated prices anyway.
>>
>>62411133
U r dum
>>
Vega is a tough GPU to get cool and quiet whilst finding the right settings to make it a worthwhile purchase. I've been playing around with undervolting/overclocking since I got my RXV 56 and I am STILL not settled on what settings to stick with. I could undervolt stock settings and just leave it at that but there is so much to tinker with it's easy to get side tracked from actually using it for gaming! Right now I run it on a 64 BIOS at 1560Mhz stable with memory @ 100Mhz. Voltage is set at 1100mV for core and 950 for HBM (HBM is not memory voltage BTW it is tied to the core with a 950w floor). I get GTX 1080 levels of performance but it still uses ~280w total (That is deducting my actual system usage from it using a wall wart to calculate it by). By comparison the GTX 1080 has a 180w hard limit.
For casuals it is probably not the card for you.
Not too bothered though since I paid £380 for mine. I would have gone team green but they are anti-consumer (read cunts) and I already have a Freesync monitor.
>>
>>62415282
>memory @ 1000Mhz
fixed
>>
>>62415282
Reminder that undervolting often has utilities reporting wrong voltage.
They also report incorrect power draw.
>>
>fell for vega meme

JustWait™
>>
do AIB's get the circuit boards and chips to assemble the cards, or do they directly purchase pre-assembled cards in batches and just resell them with new stickers?
In the first case, do they pay any kind of royalties specifically for re-using the reference designs or would AMD embed the fixed costs in the gpu+pcb combo with a discount for being disassembled?

is this public info?
>>
>>62410769
Vega is a flop. Pajeet is fired. AMDrones still defend this abortion.
>>
>>62417951
On some occasions it very well may just be prebuilt PCBs with fancy new coolers onit, mos times its a custom PCB though.

Don't ask ANUS though about STRIX coolers....
>>
File: oiK8Bb9.jpg (739KB, 793x877px) Image search: [Google]
oiK8Bb9.jpg
739KB, 793x877px
>>62410769
They are waiting for drivers that don't bottleneck the card.
>>
>>62416774
Which is why I use a kill-o-watt meter
>>
File: 1505004844471.jpg (867KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1505004844471.jpg
867KB, 1280x1707px
>>62420128
>wait
>>
>>62410821
>>62410869
>>62410907

What is it with brainlets picking sides and rooting for bad things to happen to competitor companies? You want a monopoly, is that it?

Oh and btw fired or not - RTG will live on, don't worry about it.
>>
>>62421080
This looks comfy af
>>
What I don't get is why the stock cooler is always this single fan pos regardless of the card
>>
>>62414029
He won't get fired or quit. He will come back from "vacation" saying the stress of running RTG, designing GPUs and recent personal/family problems were taking a toll on his mental/physical health, they will give him back his previous job with a new title and bring in new management.
>>
>>62410769
AMD can barely make any "Frontier" edition cards as it is.

They don't want to pay the samsung jew for more HBM2 and Micron is sitting on their ass with their HBM2 fabs.
>>
>>62423079
>firing Pooja
>bad thing
>>
>>62414029
it's already confirmed he is moved strictly to design position
RTG will finally get proper manager. I wish it was Su, but she can't handle two companies at once, nobody can.
>>
>>62424319
cheapest way to keep MSRP down, in normal market conditions at least
also AIBs will moan and whine no end if you make a proper cooler
they can do it with CPUs, because there is nobody to complain
Partners were a mistake.
>>
>>62410803
>if evga waited 1 month
pretty sure that's what happened with pascal cards due to nvdia pushing jewedition
>>
>>62410769
There's exactly 0 amount of stock vega cards in the whole of my third world shithole
>>
>>62427006
plenty of them in russia, our 18% tax keeps it at stupid prices but there is a lot of them, 56 got sold out in a heartbeat though
>>
>>62427022
It's either no stock or the price is sky high
>>
They said at launch that it would be end of September at the earliest.

Can you not read?
>>
>>62427051
it's MSRP+18%+whatever local retailer (3-5%) adds = 49k RUB
want cheap you have to risk it with postal service
https://www.computeruniverse.ru/products/90705878/powercolor-radeon-rx-vega-64-air-cooled-schwarz.asp
hilariously enough v56 costs more in this store.
>>
Nitro+ 56 when?
>>
>>62426877
No it's not. He said he'll focus more on design. It's even very possible he remains a VP, just have another manager
>>
>>62427262
by the time drivers work, ~October
my thought is that they are delaying AIBs for next round of reviews for proper drivers.
>>
>>62426877
No, he's still CTO. Besides there's nothing wrong with one of the very few ArtX dudes left in the industry focusing on hardware.
>>62427387
Sooooooo late.
>>
>>62410869
Are you a neet by chance?
>>
File: btcdump.png (178KB, 1916x947px) Image search: [Google]
btcdump.png
178KB, 1916x947px
Who else /comfy/ here - BTC has dropped more than 1000$ in 2 weeks after rumors that China is about to ban cryptos. Let's hope this trend continues.
>>
>>62427446
No one mines BTC with GPUs anymore so who cares.
>>
Frankly /g/ I don't give a damn

I stopped caring a month ago when I got my 1080 g1 it's quiet cool and extremely fast out of the box

1600x + Nvidia Master race.

Volta will fucking crush Vega 2 7nm next year anyway
>>
>>62427463
90% of crypto is in china, if it flops there it's dead
chinese are clever first they help crypto miners then they tax them to hell
>>
>>62427499
>bigger dies will crush smaller dies on better node
?
>>
>>62424546
He literally said he will be "refocusing his efforts towards engineering and away from his c-level position." Basicly he lost his ceoship, and is now just the lead engineer.
>>
>>62427553
Good, you don't waste ArtX dudes on paperwork.
>>
>>62427551
and? Amds last hope is Nazi uh I mean Navi mcm

Monolithic gpus are on their way out
>>
>>62428000
AMD's "last hope" (GPU market is absolutely irrelevant if you can into CPU) is making Vega work and selling lots and lots of APUs.
>>
>>62428020
I already have a 1600x so I'm good for CPUs for a long time
>>
>>62428048
Good for you.
Now let's all wait for someone at AMD getting bored enough to start throwing money at GPUs.
>>
>>62428062
In 202x when they have their drivers sorted and 1-5nm is a thing
>>
>>62428090
The drivers will work by October at worst.
>>
>>62428110
Citation needed
>>
>>62428110
And there's still the issue of extremely low clockrates 1700mhz core hard cap and stupid power requirements.

Then theres still stock yields and fab capacity issues.

Those of you who are waiting just go get a 1080 if u want to wait longer if your not a miner faggot it's probably the best GPU on the market and cheap as fuck.

AMD also has nothing on the level of shadow play and the whole sign in to use it is bullshit it's just your Nvidia account u need that's it.

I will say tho and has a vastly better ui and driver control panel Nvidia ancient one hasn't been updated since mid 2000s
>>
>>62428193
big driver update every october for 4 years.
>>
>>62428193
Next major Crimson update is exactly October.
>>62428198
>And there's still the issue of extremely low clockrates 1700mhz core hard cap and stupid power requirements.
It's the issue of low power node.
>Then theres still stock yields and fab capacity issues.
Neither are the issues.
>AMD also has nothing on the level of shadow play
What is ReLive?
>>
>>62428229
Never used reelive
>>
>>62428265
Well that's your problem.
Functionally it's no different from ShadowPlay sans needing good goy account to use it.
>>
>>62428273
So? U can still install the driver's stand along without the botnet experience

1080 = 56 oc

Vega on a new node should be pretty good but as I said it's gonna get crushed by volta

All u retards jumped the gun too early adopters.

Mining is meme trash
>>
>>62428315
>Vega on a new node should be pretty good but as I said it's gonna get crushed by volta
There's no Vega on a new node.
Vega20 is HPC chip.
>1080 = 56 oc
For now.
Only for now.
>>
>>62428327
Wait so y'all stuck with launch tier vega? Loool!

Imagine /g/s collective melt down if prim shaders flop literally waited 2 years and 6 months+ for nothing.

If it does turn out to be good non meme shit I'll swap back but I doubt it
>>
>>62428367
>Wait so y'all stuck with launch tier vega?
And """"""""""""""Volta"""""""""""""" is bigger dies.
Nothing different.
>>
>>62428390
As I said nothing will change until mcm and smaller nodes.

Besides 400w+ single cores are junk anyways
>>
Can i have a quick rundown on mining?
Is it over with the BTC crash?
Are the GPUs still expensive as fuck because amd can't produce faster?
Are the miners (if they still exist) going to get VEGA?
>>
>>62428204
Except it was a December when they ended the monthly release model
>>
>>62428510
Market is capped and correcting.

China is gonna ban it

???

GPU market is gonna fall off a cliff expect alot of flogged cards to hit the market used very cheap.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.