[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Cannot shrink a partition with 800GB free space FUCK YOU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>Cannot shrink a partition with 800GB free space

FUCK YOU MICROSOFT
HOW CAN PEOPLE DEFEND THIS PIECE OF SHIT """""OS"""""
>>
User error. Learn how to shrink volumes you retarded wangblows cuck.
>>
>>62410653
FUCK OFF. Im trying to shrink my Winshit partition to make more space for my Linux partition because I use it more.
>>
>>62410636

it's easy, just:

>step one:

go into the registry editor and find
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Configuration\CfgClient\ControlSet
add a new variable with the name partman.part, and set the value to 5d0d83f8e2553f0

then run Updreg.EXE and restart pc.

>step two:

use cheat engine or similar tool to change the value of svchost in line 234 to " 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 "

>step three:

decompile advapi32.dll and modify 414, change "pmanSetvarStartup[0,2,7]" to "pmanSetvarStartup[-1,2,7]"
>>
>>62410912
I already fixed it with chkdisk /f, but thanks anyway
>>
>>62410636
You have to shut down Windows fully, not hibernate it, or use ntfsfix to purge the hiberfile.
>>
>>62410720
then you should be smart enough to use fucking gparted which I can assure you has no problems doing what you want.
>>
>>62411214
I did but even it couldn't shrink it.
>>
>>62411238
>but even gparted couldn't shrink it
>still blames the operating system
nice

if anything that would be a problem with NTFS, but I doubt that gparted couldn't shrink it.
>>
>>62410636
Defragment it first you moron.
>>
>>62410636
I've done this recently and it was a pain, make sure you turn off the pagefile and defrag your drive.
>>
>>62410636
Kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>62410720
More proof that lunix is for people too stupid to use windows.

Followed by the "i'm too stupid to turn off automatic updates so i switched to lunix" crowd
>>
>>62410912
not Op but now my computer won't turn on??
>>
>>62410653
wangblows stopped booting after i resized its partition
>>
>>62412251
Have you tried realigning the transistors on your HDD?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.