[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why $1000 When We can Have Privacy At $600

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: activitiescall-1024x670.png (462KB, 1024x670px) Image search: [Google]
activitiescall-1024x670.png
462KB, 1024x670px
Not sure if this was posted here yet but I'm in for one.

https:// puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

> full linux stack, not Android
> separate baseband
> hardware kill switches for baseband, webcam, mic
> open drivers

Shut up and take my money
>>
>green bubbles
>>
It's missing a notch, so no thanks.
>>
>>62409226
>>62409236

mock rendering and not final
>>
>>62409218
>Raised Percent : 18.73%
>take my money
don't you worry, they will. And they will never deliver, just like cuckonical
>>
It was a mistake not having physical switches
>>
>>62409226
the color of a message box means jack fucking shit.
>>
>>62411702
t. poorfag
>>
>>62409218
>$600
>baseband will still track and monitor you while it's on
>no real way to verify the switch actually works, trust me goy, the baseband is off :^)
>expected delivery Jan 2019
wew lad

Stallman was right, best phone you can have is the one you don't own.
>>
>>62410924

>This is an “all-or-nothing” campaign. If there is not enough backers, credit cards are not charged.
>Your credit card is only pre-authorized to show support, once we cross the funding goal then your card is charged the amount.
>>
>>62412183

Turn off the baseband permanently and use it as a desktop then since it's even more open hardware otherwise than a raspi.

They're going to sell dev boards so if you don't believe it's just used as a modem over USB you're free to investigate
>>
>>62412205
>reaching the goal is a guarantee that the device will be manufactured and promises held
you're new to the crowdfunding shit, aren't you?
>>
>>62412284

This isn't some shit tier kickstarter

Am amazed none of you fags have heard of purism
>>
>>62412223
No thanks, I'm perfectly happy with my librebooted thinkpad.

>>62412284
It's babby's first crowdfund
>>
>>62412305
neither were some other kickstarters that failed horribly.
Just looking at their shit seems sketchy af.
Basically selling one Laptop, has two in the pipeline and now wants to build a phone from scratch as well. I'm sure that will turn out just perfectly fine
>>
>>62412431
>>62412428

Shills confirmed - human or AI?
>>
>>62412465
>the shill calling people who raise valid concerns shills
!d irony
>>
>>62412465
I say go for it champ!
>>
I may be shilling for this phone but I'm not a shill, I just want one of these for myself

Judge purism for yourselves and look for chan threads, some may not be pruned yet

duckduckgo.com/?q=puri.sm+reviews
>>
>>62412563
>I own a librem 15 V2. Ive had a few issues with it
>Customer support is atrocious- I've had a couple tickets open and they just stop answering with no closure.

>I broke the headphone jack and need the
>little board that it's on replaced but when I asked if I could just buy the part and have it shipped to me the stopped answering.
>I tried asking for the repair cost too. It's been 2 months since I heard back from them.

>There's light seepage on the top right corner of the LCD panel.

>Fan grates against the vent making a loud obnoxious noise when it kicks on.

>The trackpad is pretty crap it will just stop responding sometimes and you have to mash some buttons and wait for it to eventually restart.
>My understanding is that it's proprietary with poor documentation and they're trying to reverse engineer it for functionality.

Sure sounds like a QUALITY product from a great company.
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/69k4l9/purism_librem_laptops_any_feedback_from_real/
>>
>>62412692

OnePlus is a similar mix of good/bad reviews but their phones are well loved and made in China just like Puri.sm stuff

Once here they remove the intel me and coreboot the laptops

Phones being what they are, I'm willing to comprimise in this case even if it is poorly built because I don't trust the bastards at google or apple
>>
>>62409218
They would be better off using all that effort to reverse engineer open source drivers for a cheap and popular qualcomm based phone.

Open source GPU drivers (freedreno) exist already so it would not be that hard.
>>
>>62412796

The oneplus one baseband source or at least source and some hexagon compiled assemblies are in the wild

Some huawei and other phones too

All leaked on baidu pan, can find on pan115 or torrent sites
>>
>>62412757
>because I don't trust the bastards at google or apple
I'm with you on that, still the project seems way too ambitious for me. Remember that Nokia N900 custom pcb? those went for like 800$ a piece and were shit tech wise. I doubt they will achieve their goal with that little money.

Coming from a BlackBerry Passport, I now got a Moto Z because I simply need it for work. If I were you, I'd just get an android and degoogle it
>>
>>62412863

>If I were you, I'd just get an android and degoogle it

Way ahead of you there, FDroid, Yalp, Microg though microg is usually frozen as I don't need it because signal uses websockets
>>
>>62409226
this

will never get laid until they are blue
>>
smartphones will never be secure, give it up
>>
>>62412863
>>62413562
>thinking you can degoogle an android device
topkek
>>
>>62409218
thumbs +1
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.