[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan Space Program

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 14

File: D.jpg (256KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
D.jpg
256KB, 1600x1200px
We don't need anything fancy. We don't need awesome sensors and crazy measurement devices.
All we really need Is a modded cellphone with a decent battery life and a means of sending data back. Although a simple balancing mechanism, would make for a better video.

Our goal is simply:
To see if we can
To see if we can get away with it.
Cause as much havoc in the process.
simple

We have many resources on 4chan that we can pool from.
Like-minded people who can help us do the impossible. We have the numbers, we have the intelligence, we have the combined knowledge to make this happen. We will obtain the impossible or send the media into a panic trying!

Why the fuck not? There is a good chance they will shut down the threads before we even get to fire the rocket. But by that time we'll have already caused enough havoc to laugh at the headlines.
But who knows, what if we do get away with it?
Why the fuck shouldn't we attempt this clearly insane idea?

Share any thoughts or ideas.
Yes, I am aware this insane lul. However, it is not so insane to say we can't do it.
>>
>>62407901
[This update albeit rushed, I just wanted to give us some kind starting point. While I continue to look through the original thread and research on my own. Feel free to use this, or change the formatting anyway you see fit]

The Starting point:
>Step 1. For right now our first goal should be creating a more secure webpage for sharing ideas and discussing things which are borderline illegal. If not out right illegal.
>Darkweb would be a good platform for this.

Some of things we'll need but not limited to:
>1. A safe platform to work on and communicate with each other.
>2. A method of labeling anonymous people as (newfriend, trusted, mathematician, physicist, chemist, metal worker, supplier, ect.)
>3. An open chat, a trusted chat, and team chats. This is for when we later are more structured and have groups of people working on specific aspects of the project.
>Chan boards aren't out of the question if that's what everyone wants.
>4. A way of saving our work/documents while restricting access based on aforementioned labels.

Note: If there is any security conscious people, people with a deep understanding of anonymity, or deep-webdesign. Your input is much needed on this step. We need to make sure the safety of everyone involved is at our upmost priority.

[Lastly, please avoid doing anything that could compromise your identity while we get this site up.]
/ 卐/141372058
>>
>>62407901
This is completely retarded and will only bring in more normalfags who came here for epic 4chan memes
>>
>this starts working
>Mid process some faggot youtuber mkes a video about it
>This place becomes a fucking nightmare to browse,let alone the rocket threads
Nah im cool famalam thx
>>
>>62407908
>restricting access
Im not helping if its not free open source
>>
>all the people saying nah it will be retarded an le normal fags will come

>they couldnt build something that goes to space anyway

no loss
>>
>>62407901
Hasn't middle school started already?

Please conduct your ebin habbo raids xD over at >>>/b/.
>>
>>62407901
Make a discord server.
Bump
>>
>>62409220
If a bunch of ponyfags can launch something into space, it's not that special kiddo.
>>
Please keep this up. I will be an aerospace graduate in 2 years. Will try to help
>>
>>62407901
I saw this thread on /pol/, has someone figured out since whether it is even practical to build a rocket capable of sending stuff to orbit?
>>
>>62409428
it's not practical.
the best you can do is a HAB.
the best grassroots space programs take years and you're looking at suborbital rockets at best
>>
WHAT ABOUT THE LOGO?!??
You won't get buy-in without a snazzy logo.

But seriously what are you aiming to achieve? Is it meant to achieve low orbit and provide comms or surveillance or is it one of those high school let's send a camera up to the edge of space tings
>>
>>62407901
>>a means of sending data back.
aaaaaand how do you do that?
>>Although a simple balancing mechanism
like what?
>>62409428
No.
>>
File: container.jpg (727KB, 766x1200px) Image search: [Google]
container.jpg
727KB, 766x1200px
Don't know why you need to reinvent the wheel. /diy/ already has a space programme.
>>
>>62409426
>2 years
I'm an aerospace graduate now, what you need senpai?
>>
>>62410290
Don't talk about /diy/, it is a best kept secret
>>
>>62410290
Wait what?
>>
>>62410682
head over to the archive and do a search for shipping container rocket. pages and pages of opinions in diy space travel given by the great unwashed.
>>
>>62410290
kek this reminds me of gmod
>>
>>62407911
this
>>
>>62407908
>deep-webdesign
>>
>>62410290
does it launch from a bunker?
>>
this is simple as fuck, folks;
>we establish 4chan inc, then we launch a space-drone simulator/game with a simple UI and a super realistic physics engine and a design competition for players with like 10k$ price
>we have the legal rights to test out competition winners irl
>we sell products/designs to spaceX and NASA so they can test out various new tech
>????
profit!!!!
>>
>>62407908
>let's make a 4chan space program
>first step is to make sure it is in no way associated or accessible with 4chan
>>
>>62407908
i2p is a great place for deep websites
tox is great place for anonymous chat/group chat
>>
File: 다운로드 (8).jpg (4KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
다운로드 (8).jpg
4KB, 299x168px
>>62407901
>Rocket
lol its simply impossible
Use helium balloons instead. You can still make it reach stratosphere.

We are not NASA or SpaceX, We are just bunch of shitposters. Be realistic.

You can send a pic of pepe to space!
>>
>>62412173
But if you really want to make one...
http://opensat.cc/about.html
http://opensat.cc/download.html
>>
we get get /o/ to do an Alcumbierre swap on a model rocket and send an SD card full of thinking emojis to sigma draconis
>>
>>62407911
>4chan can never have funny things again since muh normies
This whole site is a containment page to keep all the other 4chan versions clean
>>
>>62410188
>wtf is a gyroscope
>>
>>62412454
This is just a satellite.. OP, and the anon you replied to are talking about building the rocket.
>>
>>62407901
>plz how 2 build a rocket
Fuck off, Kim

still curious
>>
>>62414223
just one? I think you're missing something here. HMMMMMM....

Huh, I wonder if such a multi-gyroscope structure would have any singularities that would make it difficult to point at things or get stuck spinning round forever without an external force like rocket engines. HMMMMMM....
>>
>>62407901
bump for intergalactic shitposting
>>
>>62407901
Bumping to see if we can make something of this meme
>>
no need for darkweb
you can pay a private cubesat/picosat launch company to send it up for you and it's totally legal
it's not like /g/ could build a real multi stage rocket anyway
but yeah just put some meme stickers on an android phone and develop an app for whatever you want to use it for
and start a fundraiser for the launch costs
and there you have it, /g/ space program
>>
>>62407901
How do you propose we get FAA or other local regulatory agencies clearance to launch?

We don't want to bring down plane.
>>
>>62407901
DISCORD SERVER UP. ALL ANONS ARE IN HERE. GET IN.
ID: pWeQBFk
>>
>>62417451
They can't bring it down if it's not in US territory. There's talk of bongs launching it from Sealand. If it's launched from the US, it has to be less than 1.5 kg and is launched ~450 meters away from civilization to not require FAA permits.
>>
>>62411235
Dont bring HIM into this.

Do not sully HIS name!
>>
File: Dying Laughing.jpg (22KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
Dying Laughing.jpg
22KB, 340x340px
None of you have jobs, and haven't crawled out of the basement in years....but you're going to put something into orbit. Riiiiiiiiiiight!
>>
>>62418906

Let's do this: https://www.patreon.com/4chanSpaceProgram
>>
Autism: the thread
>>
>>62419042
Lol. You know the mission has to get approved and compete with other missions that aren't just doing it for the memes. I very much doubt "reduce the number of flat earth threads by proving the earth is round with a smartphone" will be a very competitive mission
>>
We're looking for creative /g/entoo men to create the visual part of the frontend. make the media think we're super serious. join the discord: pWeQBFk
>>
>>62419042
Don't listen to this (((juden))) this project doesn't accept donations
>>
I'll make the logo.
>>
>>62417451
You guys can use my backyard, my mum works nights on thursdays, just stay out of my stepdads beer fridge.
>>
>>62407901
Weather balloons and model rockets and a modified cell phone.
>>
> /g/entoo makes a 4chan space program
> sends sattelite made out of old pc from junkyard
> NASA starts to spread news about dangerous space trash around the earth's orbit
> 1 million $ wasted to take down a piece of crap with gentoo onboard
> thousands of dollars wasted on depression therapy for people working on bringing it down
> they realized it was a satellite made by /g/tards
> another millions of dollars spent to bring it back on orbit
> NASA spends their entire funds on it
> gut job anon
>>
>>62407911
Fuck you. It is getting really boring because of people like you.
We dont raid, we dont doxx, we dont fuck with polls, we dont make OC for shit, what the fuck are we supposed to do?
>>
rocket fuel is too much money
>>
>>62409380
As I know discord is not "end to end" and if shit happens then you can be easily tracked.
>>
>>62407908
>we need to make a tor website because what we are doing is illegal guys!!!
>implying you can't talk about """illegal""" stuff on the clear web.
>implying Shia's CTF wasn't borderline illegal but was discussed in plaintext.

Don't you know anything about how 4chan works?
>>
>>62409380
It's because of retards like you that discord is still a thing. Fuck you. this platform is cancer
>>
File: 4chan_space_program.webm (1MB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_space_program.webm
1MB, 426x426px
>>
>>62424776
What do you suggest instead?
>>
>>62424994
talk about it in a /general/ thread like every other project on 4chan duh. Or make an etherpad but hidden service is pathetic we are not selling drugs
>>
>>62424994
IRC
>>
File: russells_teapot_2x.png (47KB, 646x588px) Image search: [Google]
russells_teapot_2x.png
47KB, 646x588px
>>62414544
Have heard of IMUs from phones being used for cube sats though not sure if you really want to trust it.

>>62407901
Can we put it into orbit around the Sun instead just to prove Russell's teapot once and for all
>>
File: 20170610_162726.png (164KB, 720x673px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_162726.png
164KB, 720x673px
Use balloons not rockets idiot
Also strap a live frog to it like that other anon
We could always ask the African space program for help
>>
>>62419042
No, no, no! No Judening allowed.
>>
File: 1505365538270.png (93KB, 1682x558px) Image search: [Google]
1505365538270.png
93KB, 1682x558px
>>62419042
There's another /g/ thread about coin-hive
>>62418708

Why not donate CPU cycles to a common coin hive account? Means most just need to have another tab open to contribute
>>
File: 4SPD1.png (40KB, 449x449px) Image search: [Google]
4SPD1.png
40KB, 449x449px
thoughts?
>>
>>62427017
Don't forget the fish eye lens
>>
I'm in.
No discord only irc
>>
>>62427017
Balloon wont go high enough for orbit.

If you're using a balloon you need a parachute system so someone doesn't have a 2kg box smack them on the head at 200km/h
>>
I'll make the logo
>>
>>62427148
You mean doesn't go fast enough for orbit. Even if a balloon somehow crosses the karman line it still isn't orbiting
>>
>>62427148
that's why there's an SSTV downlink, at least at this time we don't plan on recovering the device.
>>62427097
why would we want a fisheye lens? for the meme?
>>
>>62427237
The parachute shouldn't be there for recovery more so you don't injure anyone. No one would care if 4chan sends some shit into space they will care if said payload injures someone
>>
>>62427272
So no parachute?
>>
>>62427326
kek

Needs a rocket though we want it in orbit
>>
>>62427272
Or just launch it from the coast with prevailing winds carrying it over water. That way it can double as a submersible until the battery dies.
>>
>>62427528
Ow very nice idea
>>
File: 200_s.gif (22KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
22KB, 355x200px
>>62427422
well we are kinda reasserting our goals in the discord. The main objective is to get a pepe/swastika picture like pic related
>>
>>62427626
fuck discord

should:
maintain an orbit which could be maintained for a minimum of 3 months (or have a balloon which can self regulate height for that long)
broadcast /pol/ memes
tell the world how to listen in on memes

wait for the inevitable shitshow of lefties demanding it be shot down
>>
>>62427715
Yeah of course i'd love to but it's just really hard to do. launching stuff into orbit isn't as easy as dropping helium balloons. Also as some anon on /pol/ said, if there were cheaper ways to send stuff into orbit than 90 million dollars rockets, NASA and ESA would do it
>>
File: 40006420.jpg (32KB, 476x268px) Image search: [Google]
40006420.jpg
32KB, 476x268px
>>62407901
>4chan Space Program
Si, flyy
>>
File: IMG_2668.jpg (60KB, 1334x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2668.jpg
60KB, 1334x650px
What if we put a rocket on a ballon then launch it when we break the atomsphere
>>
Rocket motors and enough helium balloons should do it, the rocket motors activate when we're above the atmosphere or we could use ion motors, a /sci/ person will work that out
>>
>>62427780
a cubesat is only about $50k to get into orbit and generally have a longevity between a week and a year and a cubesat is all you need
>>
>>62427921
They will never allow a cubesat broadcasting nazi memes. Also our goal is to take a picture of the earth with pepe on a selfie stick.
Post your suggestions:
https://etherpad.net/p/4chanSpace
>>
>>62427921
This is because the company launching cubesats launches multiple at once with efficient launch vehicles, the smallest rockets capable of entering orbit weigh in on around 10 tons so that enough should give some indication that a few fools on a mongolian knitting forum wont put it together, especially if they are /pol/fags
>>
>>62428096
10 tons kek more like 1370kg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOTS-EV-2_Caleb

Height 4.9 metres (16 ft)
Diameter 0.6 metres (2 ft 0 in)
Mass 1,350 kilograms (2,980 lb)
Capacity
Payload to LEO 7 kilograms (15 lb)
>>
>>62428228
>air launched
>>
>that we can pool from
>Not what that we can poole from

Ded b4 lyftoff
>>
>>62424879
Came here to post this
>>
>>62423475
i expect you to die, mr. bond
>>
>>62428014
This is dumb as shit. It will generate like a single article on the internet and nobody is going to be upset by it, they are going to see it as a general waste of time and money.

OP, the idea guy, is going to sit in his basement keking his ass off for a say or 2 at it but literally nobody else is going to give a shit.

Go big or go home. Build a rocket, put something actually in space, to distinguish the project from some other dumb youtuber video, and make it something that will actually be remembered.

And ffs leave the /pol/ circle jerk out of it. The dry edgy memes have run their course, and your target audience of stupid SJWs is like only a couple thousand people. Actually attract the worlds attention with something creative
>>
>>62423475
When these don't attract cancer who love this place for the epic 4chan, and the epic raids, and the epic lulz from faggots on reddit or twitter is when fun can happen again.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.