[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you found a vulnerability in a device or operating system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1504248175314.jpg (96KB, 500x668px) Image search: [Google]
1504248175314.jpg
96KB, 500x668px
If you found a vulnerability in a device or operating system that would could give you millions of credit card numbers or millions of peoples private information (lets assume you did the equifax breach or something similar) What would you do?

>Sell the information on the black market for a fortune but this essentially makes you a criminal and have to look over your shoulder for the rest of your life

>Sell it to an advertising company

>Hold the company you found the vulnerability of to ransom, again making you a criminal

>Go turn in your vulnerability and collect one of the bounties (lets assume its one of these nice $1million ones)

>Turn in the vulnerability for free just to make the world of technology a better place

>Give out the vulnerability for free to anyone on the internet and let them cause chaos and hopefully it will in turn make all the technology companies take security more seriously.
>>
>>62405942
nice try, FBI
>>
>>62405987
nice rhyme slime
>>
>>62405942
1 million dollars is a nice sum of money. I think I'd go with that option.
>>
Report it, and hope for a job at the company.
>>
>>62405942
>try and go legit
>turn in bounty
>corporation finds some way to jew you out of any cash while using your exploit
>might even throw lawyers at you for finding the vulnerability in the first place

Wonder how many people have been fucked over like that already?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.