[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone here only buy budget phones/desktops/laptops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: .jpg (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
70KB, 400x400px
Why does everyone here only buy budget phones/desktops/laptops etc?

Is there not a single richfag here? I swear to Christ this is the poorest board on 4chan. What is it about technology that attracts so many 3rd worlders, neets and minimum wagecucks?
>>
if someone was rich and autistic, he'd be @ /sci/
>>
you don't get rich by spending money

which one of these people is more likely to buy a music cd?
the burn out stoner, or the electrical engineer
>>
It's because if you've actually had the hobby a long time you'd know it's futile to dump a lot of cash on something that'll be severely out of date in 2 years and drop to 1/3 value.

It's better to just repeatedly buy "budget" shit. A $1000 PC is still going to get max settings and play everything at 60fps, just not at 4k or 144hz/fps.

The people that jump right in and buy $3000 PCs are basically casuals.
>>
Most of /g/ have non-prebuit desktops worth $1000 to $4000 USD. The cheap phones and Thinkpads is because of the bang for buck from them especially with phones unless you're playing video games on your phone 24/7 any <$400 phone will suffice.
>>
>>62405540
This isn't a consumerism board

it's a technology board

We talk about technology, we don't buy things and show them off like a bunch of fucking eaters

I wish a mod would just go ona fucking rampage and ban every fuckhead who started a shill thread about a product - every iphone, thinkpad, android, chinkshit, buildapc, audiophile garbage thread just banned

I'm fucking sick of it, this isn't a fucking advertising forum for marketers, people actually want to discuss technology FFS
>>
I have an expensive phone, an expensive laptop and an expensive desktop. I make plenty of money and buy quality products. Emphasis on the word quality. People who think Apple is the only "quality" brand out there are absolutely retarded and should be banned from the board. I've owned a MacBook Pro and and iPhone 6. Ended up giving both to my sister as she likes such products but I absolutely hated them.

I don't know if the "you'd buy one if you could afford one" people are trolls or plain retarded. Money is not an issue for me and I wouldn't use one even if I got one for free. They are good for normies who can afford the ease of use and """"luxury design"""" but I would never use them.

What comes to the new iPhone X, it's the worst design I've seen from them in years. Holy fuck. Apple has really been going downhill since Jobs died. I thought he was just the face of the company but it turns out they keep shooting themselves in the foot without him.
>>
>>62405592
consumer electronics fall under "technology", retard. This a god damn anime website, with half the population consisting of actually diagnosed autists, and whose top 3 boards consist of Anime roleplay and waifu jerkoff, arguing about whose taste in video games is the worst, and a thinly veiled stormfront2. 0. Be grateful for what quality you do find here.
>>
>why don't you buy the Ishit i have
>are you poor?
>>
>>62405551
bazingaaa amirite? lol XDDD
>>
>>62405658
I'm going to copypasta this from now on whenever I see a dipshit spouting about consumerism on /g/.
>>
Why buy $1000 iphone when my $175 Xiaomi can do all the shit i am gonna use it for?
Why buy very expensive computer when i am never gonna use it out.
>>
>>62405658
they do but there's a difference in evaluation. people here tend to buy it based on some technological aspect, while the actual braindead consumers fall for the "new wew wow technology"-apple shit or any other buzzword so society re-evaluates their status based on the ownership of certain products.
>>
>>62405540
nothing is worse than being poor but still wanting to compete with the richfags.

>he can't afford an iphone
>get budget POS smartphone which will break in a year
>spends all his energy making up excuses why his budget phone is superior and autisticlly screeches against iphone owners
>never puts any effort into improving his livelihood

This is the poorfag mentality.
>>
>>62405540
You get what you need.
>>
>>62405540
>I swear to Christ this is the poorest board on 4chan
because it is fampai
>>
>>62407186
Samsungxd
>>
>>62405575
>>>/v/
>>
>>62407726
this
flooded with indian reddit refugees who got btfo on /r/programming
>>
>>62405540
Because I don't need lots of power in a portable device since any power intensive I do also requires lots of screen space.
Ie I have a expensive desktop and cheap/midrange mobile devices
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>62405551
/sci/ is literally pseudoscience, poltardianism, "which college lads?" and freshmen homework. there's a better chance of having a decent conversation on science in /b/ or /lit/ nowadays.
>>
>>62407186
I'd get a chink phone but they don't work with Verizon (which I use).
>>
File: 1479574747078.jpg (497KB, 1280x912px) Image search: [Google]
1479574747078.jpg
497KB, 1280x912px
richfag here, ama (about technology) and see how mundane richfag threads would be
>>
>>62405540
Why buy a phone or laptop at all? They're pointless. I just have a high end desktop and that's all I need.
>>
>>62407877
more like just constant gorillaposters
>>
>>62405540
waaaah whyyyy don't people waaaaste their money waaaaaaah
>>
>>62407741
I don't get it. I said Xiaomi, because it's the cheapest one in my country. Samsung is just as horribly priced as Iphone
>>
File: 1312541327-6844733.jpg (9KB, 247x209px) Image search: [Google]
1312541327-6844733.jpg
9KB, 247x209px
just werks.
>>
You don't get to be rich by buying top flag products. They are usually are a scam, i feel like a tool when i buy top flag products, like i'm paying a shitload of money just to beta test the budget product of next year.
>>
>>62405540
Check out >>>/biz/ they have frugal generals. There is one biztuber that vlogs his investment strats living in the back of his car.
>>
>>62410779
>top flag products.
you don't get rich by being illiterate
>>
>>62408037
Is every richfag a pedo like you?
>>
>>62405540
richfag are busy on Instragram throwing money on the streets and taking selfies to their golden toilets or expensive food
fuck off
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.