[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who takes over the FSF once he dies? Will the FSF do better or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Richard-Stallman.jpg (41KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Richard-Stallman.jpg
41KB, 800x534px
Who takes over the FSF once he dies? Will the FSF do better or worse without him? Who will keep touring and giving the same speech all over the world and getting easy money?
>>
File: lennart-poettering.jpg (12KB, 200x186px) Image search: [Google]
lennart-poettering.jpg
12KB, 200x186px
oh, you know...
>>
I'm 100% sure that as soon as Richard dies the FSF will become an SJW trashfire. That won't be until a while though, Richard seems like he'll live for quite a while.
>>
>>62402184
Stallman said he doesn't plan to live beyond the age of 70 as most humans die around that age. He truly is a based autist...
But you are probably right. Stallman already told off a vegan heckler telling her that he doesn't care about animal rights.
>>
Who fucking cares.
>>
>>62402228
People who want their freedoms respected.
>>
Linux Torvalds will take control and make a new rule: NO NAGGING!
>>
>>62402184
Eben Moglen is still cool, but he's a lawyer, not a leader.
>>
Im more worried about Linus dying and Linux becoming a total SJW fest immeaditly after.
>>
systemd is cancer that will destroy the work he's done after he's gone
sjws and other crazies will take over
>>
>>62402630
>implying stallman isnt crazy
>>
>>62402601
This
thank god the kernel is open at least
>>
>>62402156
If stallman dies tge world is doomed
>>
>>62402220
Yeah he has a nice history of fending off progressives. Weird reflections of communism don't merge well
>>
>>62402601
If that happens, I'm moving to one of the BSDs
>>
>>62402601
How the fuck would politics even influence the development of the kernel.
>>
>>62402923
I am a progressive, but you have to admit that there will be lots of "contributors" who do nothing but sperg on tweeter about trigger words. Even if the development and effort isn't hurt, there will certainly be turmoil about nothing.
>>
>>62402923
>oh look this offensive word on the source code!
>lets going to refactor the code
>waste all the fucking money (like mozilla did) on stupid shit
>the source code is now shit and unusable
>oops!
>>
File: not my president hat.png (22KB, 506x590px) Image search: [Google]
not my president hat.png
22KB, 506x590px
>>62403076
Wrong neighborhood motherfucker
>>
>>62403384
I was here before you came from le_donald you underage dicklet cuck
>>
>>62403598
>dicklet
sexist
>cuck
sexist
>>
File: rm this.png (44KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
rm this.png
44KB, 633x758px
RMS WILL NEVER DIE
>>
File: 1500876087856.png (192KB, 635x473px) Image search: [Google]
1500876087856.png
192KB, 635x473px
first /g/ will be put into dark mode only and the sticky will be replaced by a candle gif for us to mourn.
>>
File: no_cat.jpg (22KB, 476x477px) Image search: [Google]
no_cat.jpg
22KB, 476x477px
>>62402156

Software should all be private, closed-source, and cost absurd amounts of money. Stallman is Satan incarnate.
>>
>>62402923
>refuse pathes from certain groups
>don't support some device because it's from certain groups
>prioritize some features because they would help certain groups
>add new backdoors because certain group is supporting you political cause
>>
>>62402156
The FSF will go to shit because they don't think like RMS at all.
>>
>>62402156
>Who takes over the FSF once he dies?
will the fsf still be there when he does?
its becoming less important by the day.
>>
>>62404064
It's becoming less popular, but more important. We need this extremists, to oppose proprietary stuff, so normal people can focus on actually doing coding.
>>
>>62402601
install GNU/Hurd today.
>>
>implying that fsf is relevant after OpenBSD moves to clang

Enjoy your bloated sjwsoftware linix faggets
>>
>>62402854
NetBSD was always the best choice.
>>
>>62404128
Except its been irrelevant since the turn of the century. Use FreeBSD if you actually want to use your system, use OpenBSD if you want to tell everyone how secure your system is but not actually use it for anything worthwhile.
>>
>>62402923
incompetence and corruption

the social justice progressive types have no morals and are quick to bend over for corporate dick

it'd be easy for microsoft to bribe some of them to intentionally sabotage linux and open source software

These people are a cancer that need to be kept out
>>
>>62402923
they'll find a way unless Linus appoints a new supreme leader
>>
>>62402165
fpbp
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.