[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disappointing / Ripoff Internet Speed Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: i-pay-for-50-mbps.png (36KB, 810x358px) Image search: [Google]
i-pay-for-50-mbps.png
36KB, 810x358px
We pay for 50mbps... this is disappointing, bell. And I'm the only one using the network right now...
>>
$70/ month

Can't complain. No data cap
>>
Is it legal to not give advertised speeds? I get around the speed that is advertised (20mbps down 6mbps up) sometimes more, sometimes less, but not much.
>>
>>62400856
That's what you get when you download over 1TB of Chinese cartoons every month.
>>
>>62401152
It shouldn't be, I know that much. (FYI, initial screenshot is of the largest Canadian network, so legality here might not be the same as what you're used to in freedomland or wherever you are.)
>>
>>62401148
They all have clauses saying speeds are UP to a certain point.

I technically pay for up to 940/880mbps and I generally see that. >>62401114
But others I know with my ISP and same speed tier only get ~800-850mbps
>>
>>62401170
fuck, quoted the wrong comment.
>>
File: game.jpg (22KB, 506x297px) Image search: [Google]
game.jpg
22KB, 506x297px
*up to
dumb goyim.
>tfw this is what $75/mo gets you
>>
>>62401148
it's legal if they claim that the issue is just circumstantial issues, like congestion. i don't know if it's illegal if they know their infrastructure can't provide the speed they're offering, but you have to keep in mind that you signed a contract that was probably several pages long, and it's entirely possible that the language in that contract guaranteed that you'd get a MODEM that supports 20/6, but made no promises or even assurances about the actual speeds you might expect to see.

basically, chances are poor that you'll have any recourse
>>
>>62400856
>knowingly signing contract with Bhell

You deserve it.
>>
>>62401225
>speeds in the hundreds on a school-run network
how? just how?
>>
>>62401340
I wasn't responsible for the ISP choice and I can't change it. Would probably use teksavvy (hell, I'd even resort to cogeco) if I could
>>
>>62401351
it's stanford. does the fact that they spoil us honestly surprise anyone outside of the bubble?
>>
OP Here, speeds have suddenly moderately improved. Hmmmm
>>
I get 100Mbit down/40Mbit up through a 50 year old phone line
>>
>>62401181
This is almost certainly due to their router, network card, or even the damn cable.
>>
>>62401340
>>62401372
All the third parties are forced to use their lines anyway. You'd probably just end up with even lower speeds as I wouldn't be surprised if they prioritized for their own traffic.
>>
>>62401487
Nah it's likely congestion on the GPON. Some area are apparently still using 16:1 splits on 2.4/1.2gbps total bandwidth.

So if you hand multiple 1gbps customers on that 16:1 split you can run into potential congestion issues.

The ISPs router does 900mbps WAN/LAN throughput so the only real potential bottleneck is Ethernet cable or NIC and most Intel NICs paired with a somewhat recent CPU can handle 900mbps.
>>
>>62401396
But, aren't you paying $30,000 per semester for that privilege?

That's some expensive Internet.
>>
File: Capture.png (46KB, 876x343px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
46KB, 876x343px
$80 for up to 75 Mbps down, 5 Mbps up.
Uploading speed reaches what was promised, but download speed is pathetic.
>>
>>62401605
phd students get paid to be here. not nearly as much as we COULD be making, but rent is also about half or 40% of market rates, and chances are if you're going for a phd it's not because of the promise of fortunes.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.