[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy fuck. I just came up with a revolutionary idea for the web.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: ASDFASAF.png (667KB, 1366x800px) Image search: [Google]
ASDFASAF.png
667KB, 1366x800px
Holy fuck. I just came up with a revolutionary idea for the web.

So, see the suggested videos on the right side? Instead of clicking the thumbnail and it reloading the page to load the new video....

What if you click on the suggested video, and the VIDEO PLAYER refreshes. That way, you don't have to annoyingly refresh the page and shit.

URLs for the new vid (for sending it to people) would be stores in the video. The URL up top would be something else, dunno how it'd work.

What do you think?

I predict a lot of the internet will be like this somehow.

Damn I love weed
>>
bumparoona
>>
who the fuck cares
>>
>>62399748
it's retarded that the big video sites don't already behave like this. also:
>make video fullscreen
>video ends
>click on one of the related videos
>exit fullscreen
>page reloads abruptly
these sites love using tons of javascript yet they don't seem to apply it where it matters
>>
>>62399784
I mean, it'd be cool.

It's a lame thing to geek out over, but it'd be neat to see how browsing the internet will change over the decades
>>
File: thumbsup.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>lowers network usage a little bit
>looks cooler
Good idea
>>
>>62399799
OP here. This leads me to a broader point...

So you know, when browsing sites and apps I'll think about improvements about this, that, and the other.

You wonder why companies don't just let the public weigh in on how to improve the site.

I mean really, I'd have no problem just suggesting my improvement idea to youtube - it's not like I could really charge for it anyway.

And who knows, they might dig it. In being an 'Idea Guy', the average guy would be just as capable as whoever is hired on a company
>>
>>62399748
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-page_application
>revolutionary idea
>how could nobody have thought of this before
>is that wikipedia article from the future?

They're probably not doing it because of how they're collecting usage data.
>>
>>62399844
Unfortunately OP's idea cannot be implemented because youtube is too busy spying on you with all those page clicks.
>>
>>62399859
Also comments and shit. I wonder if the hooktube guy can add this feature for people who don't care about that.
>>
What do you mean? It already does this for me.
>>
>>62399927
Wouldn't make much of a difference on hooktube, the only bottleneck is waiting for the server to generate and pass the video json. The pageloads themselves are nearly instant, at least for me.
>>
>>62400004
I guess when that much bloat has been stripped out, you're right. Just made me realize OP's suggestion is only good because youtube is such trash.
>>
File: 1484257121354.jpg (10KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1484257121354.jpg
10KB, 240x240px
>>62399748
The problem is that it needs to load the comments, like/subscribe bar and related videos of the vĂ­deo. So all the fucking page.
>>
>>62399748
>>62400060
It could lazy load the rest of the page. What OP wants is the web-page to NOT blank out as it loads the page for the new video.

This is something that would cause more harm than good, however. The URL at the top is the one of the most common ways people share videos (which ups view count in the long run).

But according to the spec, changing the URL requires the browser to reload the page. So in order to make this work, Google would have to force everyone to use a share button to save or share the actual link to the video.
>>
>>62400173
>This is something that would cause more harm than good, however. The URL at the top is the one of the most common ways people share videos (which ups view count in the long run).
>But according to the spec, changing the URL requires the browser to reload the page. So in order to make this work, Google would have to force everyone to use a share button to save or share the actual link to the video.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=javascript+change+url+pageload&t=ffsb&ia=qa

I don't know how widely supported that stuff is.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.