[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Bezel-less screen So it will break if you drop it even from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 450_1000.jpg (32KB, 450x662px) Image search: [Google]
450_1000.jpg
32KB, 450x662px
>Bezel-less screen
So it will break if you drop it even from a low height (see Essential phone, Xiaomi Mi Mix)

>OLED Screen
so it will show screen ghosting after some months of use because of pixels getting faulty (see the entire Galaxy S and Note devices)

>Wireless Charging
so it will overheat like hell while charging, making the battery lose its original capacity over the years (see basically every phone with wireless charging)

>Face recognition
so it will be easily unlocked with a photo of its owner (see Galaxy Note 7, S8, S8+)

wow, I thought Apple preferred to not adopt new technologies until they're perfected but I guess good PR and sales are what matter the most huh
>>
>>62399086
>OLED Screen blah blah

I had a nexus 6 for 2.5 years and used it frequently for gps strapped to my bike with the sun shining directly on it in 90+ degree heat all day and the screen never had issues. If your OLED phone has/had screen issues it just fuckin sucks, sorry.

I also never had isssues with wireless charging. Used it every day. Jesus what shitty phones are you guys using? Oh right this is /g/ who thinks gentoo and thinkpads are the pinnacle of technology, nevermind...
>>
File: 1498761548084.jpg (519KB, 1280x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1498761548084.jpg
519KB, 1280x1079px
>>62399173
look a totally grey image on your phone, turn the brightness up

see the horror
>>
>>62399086
>so it will be easily unlocked with a photo of its owner (see Galaxy Note 7, S8, S8+)
did you even watch the keynote, you motherfucking retard? they specifically protect against that.
>>
>>62399239
Samsung said the same
and yet the issue is still there

btw, how can you actually trust Apple when they deliberately show their flagship phone not recognizing the face of the dude when trying to unlock it
>>
File: C1vcib1UoAAmo0m.jpg large.jpg (61KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
C1vcib1UoAAmo0m.jpg large.jpg
61KB, 960x720px
>>62399086
Remember when iPhones at least used to have a distinct look? That just looks like any other novelty chinkphone now.
>>
>>62400074
The 5 and 6 looked like any other novelty chinkphone. This one looks like shit. That tumor bezel is ugly at and such a obvious cheap marketing gag to call it edge to edge.
>>
File: 1500596005253.jpg (330KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1500596005253.jpg
330KB, 1280x1280px
>>62399086
>so it will be easily unlocked with a photo of its owner (see Galaxy Note 7, S8, S8+)

That's not gonna happen, because that system scans face geometry in 3D, so it will detect a flat image of a 3d face.

The other points you made are valid, though.

But, I think there is another way to trick their face recognition system. Make a mask which looks like the person whose phone you want to unlock and it will most likely work. You just need to get access to their phone or steal it. Use the mask and bam, you unlock their phone without using any complicated means.
>>
>>62400802
Tho, I'm not sure how this would work if they also scan your iris. You might trick it with some tinted contacts.
>>
File: 1498479878893.png (312KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1498479878893.png
312KB, 1200x630px
>>62400074
literally peak aesthetics
>>
>>62400802
They said they trained the neural network against masks, but who knows if that will hold up.
>>
>>62399272
>btw, how can you actually trust Apple when they deliberately show their flagship phone not recognizing the face of the dude when trying to unlock it
That's because it's really that secure that your own face barely works /s
Anyway given the shitload of sensors they built into it (go check the iphone x website) there's no way it won't be better than Samsung's implementation. However, that could just mean we now have a variety of products that don't work very well for this purpose.
>>
>>62400916
>neural network
you must still use windows ME if you believe this
>>
>>62400966
>>>"""It's so secure that your own face barely works"""
>>
>>62399086
I'm just waiting to see the youtube vids come flooding in of it failing to unlock for super dark-skinned black folk or flat-faced asian folk.
>>
File: 666.png (23KB, 375x444px) Image search: [Google]
666.png
23KB, 375x444px
>>62399086
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/j5geby/the-iphone-is-guaranteed-to-last-only-one-year-apple-argues-in-court

Really makes your almonds activate.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.