[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good book to learn C ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: C-programming.jpg (39KB, 295x398px) Image search: [Google]
C-programming.jpg
39KB, 295x398px
Is this a good book to learn C ?
>>
>>62396880
its the only book to learn C
>>
>>62396880
there is not good book for learning C because learning C is a waste of time
>>
"C Programming. A modern approach" by some faggot is said to be pretty good too. Forgot his name and too lazy to check
>>
>>62396880
It's written by the guys who created C so yes.

Also don't start with C, start with C# or java if you're new. If you're not new, then C is a good book because it teaches you pointers and all that, the stuff that makes C different
>>
>>62397133
This is what your average Indian working as a .NET developer will tell you.

If you want to be a retard with no understanding of how computers work, then avoid C and any assembly languages.
>>
Could I learn python from videos and study this book once I've learned some concepts of programming? Since Python is related to C
>>
>>62397133
.t Pajeet
>>
File: 1503937708014.jpg (1MB, 500x2855px) Image search: [Google]
1503937708014.jpg
1MB, 500x2855px
>>62396880
Only for brainlets.
>>
>>62396880

I just finished reading; programming for dummies.

You'll taste a little FreeBasic, C++ and live.

And that there are a ton of languages and they are all good for something.

Games, data, small programs, apps etc.

Start with FreeBasic. Tinker with it. Move on to c++ and so forth.
>>
>>62397233
Once you learn C python is pretty easy
>>
File: book.jpg (135KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
135KB, 500x656px
>>62397165
Also, this is a good book for wrapping your head around pointers if you're struggling:
>Understanding and Using C Pointers
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920028000.do
>>
>>62397140
>"C Programming. A modern approach"

This.
It's the best book out there. Still, K&R has some pretty good excercises in the later chapters. Also there was a book that was kinda like a compendium of the GNU libraries, it's not a mandatory read, but it's interesting.
>>
>>62396880
It's a good book to learn C if you already know another programming language and some UNIX.

"C Programming: A Modern Approach" is good.

"Expert C Programming: Deep C Secrets" is good for the quirks and gotchas but is slightly outdated.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.