[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Legacy technology that has since been replaced by better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: lightning.png (241KB, 795x580px) Image search: [Google]
lightning.png
241KB, 795x580px
ITT: Legacy technology that has since been replaced by better alternatives.
>>
>>62396130
Let me guess they are still using this shit in iphones?
>>
File: cucktop.jpg (3MB, 3237x1996px) Image search: [Google]
cucktop.jpg
3MB, 3237x1996px
>>62396130
>>
File: sanic_wry.png (34KB, 172x166px) Image search: [Google]
sanic_wry.png
34KB, 172x166px
>>62396141
Apparently apple is pretending that USB-C doesn't exist.

It does. I don't really know what the deal is. I guess they like giving their customers antiquated hardware?
>>
>>62396148
>>62396184
It's funny, since even their new MacBooks are almost exclusively USB-C I/O
They're so fucking incongruent.
>>
>>62396184
Don't macbooks even use USB c?
>>
Ugh...

Apple doesn't use the lightning connector because its still good. Apple uses the lightning connector because everyone has to license the damn thing to make their own third party connector or peripheral.

$$$$$$$$

Lol like a company would actually care about the best hardware for their customers.
>>
>>62396224
They must not care too much about licensing if they use USB-C on macbooks for charging as any usb c charger should work
>>
File: 1467558696690.jpg (266KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467558696690.jpg
266KB, 1920x1080px
>>62396224
Every company has shortcomings. Apple is stuck with essentially the Betamax of connectors right now. If they get rid of it, they piss off customers and companies who adopted the old model. If they don't change it, the world laughs at them for not changing it. So a slightly less bad outcome?
>>
>>62396294
Now that USB C is taking off and is on macbooks it would have been the best time to change from lighting but now we have another generation of devices with lightning
>>
File: soon.jpg (112KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
112KB, 425x282px
>>
File: hei.png (8KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
hei.png
8KB, 231x218px
>>62396258
That was a necessity, not a choice.

Apple still has to play ball with the rest of the world in some capacity. Using USB-C on the macbook keeps that up. That and "look at my overpriced new adapters everyone has to buy!"

As for the iPhone... Who the fuck cares? This is /g/. Buy a OP5 or a Pixel or something. Fuck it.
>>
File: wireless_charging_airpower_large.jpg (106KB, 970x1044px) Image search: [Google]
wireless_charging_airpower_large.jpg
106KB, 970x1044px
Weren't you lot shitting on Apple earlier about not properly adopting Qi and requiring their own charging mats that would only do half the charge speed? When it actually supports current mats and they're going to be working with them to make it better?
>>
>>62396360
That was one of the other 99% of /g/ that hate apple. Lol we're just so numerous it's hard to tell sometimes.

And wireless charging is a meme. My OP3 shits in your general direction in 30 minutes... to charge.
>>
I'm surprised they didn't drop the lightning connector and just told people to only use wireless charging and airpods.
>>
>>62396533
Then they'd have to include the wireless charging mats with the phone. This way they can sell them separately and then do what you say in the next generation of phones
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.