[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 48

"Tough enough?" edition.
Previous thread: >>62368351
Use a search engine before posting.
>>
can i run windows with openbox as the DE?

I just wanna run csgo but also have a pretty desktop :(
>>
>>62393282
God no.
>>
how can I get child elements in a div in js?
<div id="mydiv"><span>test</span></div>

I can use getElementsById but what if my element has no id, class or name?
>>
Does youtubes new layout make anyone elses browser fucking hang? I'm so pissed off it makes everyone unresponsive
>>
>>62393381
Just you and your shitty hardware
>>
>>62393381
try deleting youtube cookies. dunno why this should work but once I deleted spotify cookies after the new layout came out it got super fast and snappy
>>
>>62393420
literally not how cookie work
>>
i reinstalled my OS and ran daz loader but when i boot up my computer again it's still listed as being in trial mode. why is this?

I only have 2 installed windows updates:
KB2534111
KB976902

Would either of these be causing the problem?
>>
>>62393441
use mstoolkit instead
>>
>>62393441
What os?
>>
>>62393472

Windows 7 ultimate
>>
>>62393508
Uefi or MBR/bios?
>>
should i get an android phone or iphone?
>>
>>62393553
Android.
>>
>>62393429
but it happened I don't know what happened it was fucking slow for weeks then I removed all the cookies and it got fucking fast
>>
>>62393552

MBR
>>
>>62393631
Was it this daz loader
http://pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>>
How do get javac to work in antergos? It keeps saying the command is not found, but I installed the jdk/jre package.
>>
Someone in a previous thread said Python 2 is a memory hog for long loops compared to Python 3.
I have an application where i regularly do loops with about 100,000 iterations.
Is Python 3 really that much more memory efficient than Python2 for that?
>>
>>62393656

Yes. I've used it before and it worked fine.

I'm going to try one more time without the 2 windows updates.
>>
>>62393459
this?

http://freemicrosofttoolkit.com/
>>
What's the current state of desktop/game streaming over LAN? I'm thinking of putting one system in a server cabinet in the attic then connecting it to dumb terminals throughout the house via cat 6. Will the latency be too high?
>>
Hi there, is there an interface from Kafka to libnotify, so that I can see messages of certain topics from my servers directly as desktop notification on my dev machine?
>>
>>62393689

It still says 3 days until activation. Does that mean the loader didn't work?
>>
So, I downloaded a mod for a video game, and I'm attempting to edit it.
Once I extract the data, I found the .tga file I needed to edit (changing a texture of course).
Thing is, when I open it up in my image editor, the exact part I want to edit isn't there.
So, I was wondering if the original author had put some sort of safe guard or anti-tamper on the file. Is that even possible with a .tga?
>>
>>62393380
I've only ever used javascript once before, but maybe something like this?

var span = getElementById("mydiv").getElementsByTagName("span")[0];
>>
>>62393886
No. TGA (Targa) is a bitmap format. Maybe your graphic editing program does not support TGAs with alpha channel (transparency).
>>
I can't find the firefox screenshots icon or any other way to access it. I haven't been able to find it but keep getting notifications about it.
In nightly btw
>>
>>62394240
Possibly.
I am using paint.net because I don't know of any other free Photoshop alternative for Windows. (pls no bully)
I was just dumbfounded when the exact part I wanted to edit was mysteriously gone.
>>
Why can't smartphones have a combined thermal imaging, nightvision, and 10,000 fps high-speed camera?
>>
>>62394384
Just try to open the file with GIMP or Krita. Both tools support alpha channels.
>>
>>62394108
apple shills and memes
>>
File: hibernate.png (18KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
hibernate.png
18KB, 250x240px
>>62392190
Is there a way to replace shutdown with hibernation and is it bad in any way?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-09-12-17-26-37.png (207KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-09-12-17-26-37.png
207KB, 1440x2560px
I move a lot of stuff off of my phone and move it to my desktop. With the drive plugged into a regular USB 3.0 port on my desktop, I get above 80MB/s read speed and close to 75MB/s sustained write speed. Yet this is transfer speed to or from my phone via solid explorer
>>
I want to get into back-end web dev, but I don't want to make web apps because it triggers my autism to have to rely on a browser to launch an app, rather I'd like to be able to make it work as a standalone one. So I'm looking for a language that gives me the knowledge to do both. What languages should I be looking at?
>>
>>62394573
Why would the drive be so much fucking slower? Is USB C limited?

Pic related is the drive I have
>>
>>62394442
I'll try those, thanks.
>>
Is there some kind of hotkey for firefox or extension or easy way to make an extension to tell it to repeat the last thing entered into the location bar using a different search engine?

Intended use is because I use browse by name by default, but it'd be nice to be able to hit a key combination if that doesn't give a good result to take me to the general google results for the same query, rather than having to re-enter it.
>>
File: 1494181201460.jpg (2MB, 2128x3046px) Image search: [Google]
1494181201460.jpg
2MB, 2128x3046px
I work for a big company. We have no IT or admin in our building though. They're based elsewhere . I am currently at my desk doing fucking nothing because I finished all my work for the day.
I want to play Doom off my flash drive, but I don't want to get in trouble. How can I be sure nobody is spying on me? I know they probably watch my internet activities, but is there any way to see if they're monitoring anything else?
P.S I already know I can run executables off my flash drive.
>>
how do i set up legacy captcha with 4chan x
>>
>>62394748
Other than someone looking over your shoulder not really. You can always disable the Ethernet driver via device manager. If IT is based offsite, they'll need an internet connection to view what you're doing.
>>
>>62394748
You could just unplug your Ethernet connection and unscrew the antennas on your wi-fi connection, if it exists.
>>
>>62394764
Select all the 'Recaptcha v1' items in the options?
>>
>>62394796
>>62394831
So if there's any monitoring software I'm not aware of do you think it would taddle on me once it regained it's connection?
>>
I posted about trying to make a server so I could play a few games with some friends but not being able to and someone pointed out that my ISP is using CGNAT (i have optical fiber using ipv6) and because of that it's impossible to do so.

I've searched around and it seems there's still a few ways I could make it work, but I wanted to confirm it first. Is there really no way? My last resort would be using hamachi but I'd rather create a server.
>>
>>62394892
The easiest way would be to just shell out $1-3/month for a cheap vps.
>>
>>62394883
Unless it's recording your screen, probably no.
>>
>>62394961
How would that work? I'm a huge newbie when it comes to networking.
>>
>>62395009
Just set up the game server on the vps so you aren't limited by any of the shit your isp does.
>>
>>62395049
Oh I see, I'll take a look into it then. Thanks!
>>
>>62395003
>>62394831
Alright. Thanks Anons. Time to kill some demons.
>>
Reposting question: what's the best epub reader for windows?
>>
>>62395204
The one that comes with Calibre is pretty good.
You could also just install Gentoo and use the best epub reader for Linux.
>>
>>62393733
noooooooo, get it from mydigitallife
>>
I took about 60 old Asus laptops out of a schools trash (https://www.widgetree.com/products/asus-laptop-). They work just old and shitty looking. I want to sell them for as much as i can, probably $20 each. They have win 7 on them but runs like shit, should I put lubuntu on them or would something else be better? Do you think I could sell them or are these shit?
>>
>>62394108
>paid advertisers don't post on 4chan
uh
>>
File: status bar under mouse on hover.png (558KB, 1180x996px) Image search: [Google]
status bar under mouse on hover.png
558KB, 1180x996px
Pic related is a small status box that shows up under the mouse when hovering over links on a qtwebkit browser. In this case, Otter. Is there a name for this and how do I turn it off?
>>
>>62395710
I was always certain about that
>>
File: capture.png (8KB, 1304x152px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
8KB, 1304x152px
I managed to get my display to overclock to 72hz.

Ever since I just noticed that Excel is making black boxes over anything I type in a cell for the row. When I scroll down and back it disappears.
>>
Which streaming site will let me stream at a high bitrate?
Which streaming site has the lowest latency between me and the viewers?
>>
>>62395204
SumatraPDF
>>
I have a mac mini 2010 and I'm thinking of getting the Elgato hd60. I figured the older version would be a better idea for an older computer. (don't hate me for the mac mini, I don't have a choice).

Will it work on here or should I go with the Avermedia(?) version. I just wanna record some older games and my Switch from time to time.

Yes, I'm googling it too but I guess I'm too specific.
>>
>>62396233
Honestly, stick with twitch. Unless your internet is fast enough and your computer is strong enough, you're not going to find it like you like it. Sorry anon.

You have to set your shit up to be that way too, like in OBS
>>
>>62396372
My internet and computer ARE fast enough and strong enough.

And I play a few games with IRL friends online like Jackbox that would really benefit from near immediate latency.
>>
>>62396396
you gotta remember the location of the servers too anon.
>>
>>62396447
Yeah, I know, I just heard that places like Mixer.tv have less latency. And I know for sure they have higher bitrate caps than Twitch.

Maybe Smashcast is worth a shot? At least unlike Youtube Gaming, Twitch, and Mixer, it doesn't seem to be run by one of the big evil tech companies. SEEM to be.
>>
on the drive I have windows installed, it showed like 500mb available in free space, I turned my PC off for a while, then when I turned it back on it showed 4gb of free space, why?
>>
My dad's LG feature phone fell apart in his hands after like 10 years. Do they even sell feature phones at the Verizon store?
>>
File: 1501609795019.png (15KB, 313x599px) Image search: [Google]
1501609795019.png
15KB, 313x599px
Anyone know the url to the ublock origin settings? I checked the "advanced user" box and now I can't see anything besides this when I click on the ublock icon. Can't click on anything anymore except expand the list.
>>
How loud is a MSI 1080 ti Gaming X GPU inside a Fractal Design - Define S case? My current 1060 is annoyingly fucking loud and I want to avoid that in my next purchase.
>>
>>62396977
MSI makes quieter cards than EVGA, but if your case is poorly designed you're gonna hear some fans regardless.
>>
>>62397144
The Fractal case I'm looking at supposedly has two noise cancelling filters on the sides, so hopefully that will help a lot.
Thanks.
>>
File: Sin título.png (116KB, 1902x1079px) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
116KB, 1902x1079px
I get the following error when attempting to render anything in Sony Vegas 13.
I attempted reinstalling vegas with no success. It used to work fine, it might have to do with my new hard drive or something?
>>
>>62397216
never mind, deleted the sony files in AppData/Local and now it works.
>>
File: IMG_3247.jpg (105KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3247.jpg
105KB, 750x750px
I noticed my computer was overheating recently, to the point of automatically shutting down. I figured the problem was the case since I got a shitty prebuilt Gateway back in 09 and just kept shoving more powerful stuff into it.

So I went out and bought a nicer case. Specifically a Z9 Neo. After moving everything over I open Speedfan and see that the temperatures have somehow gotten even hotter. With nothing but Speedfan running the GPU is consistently above 120 and the CPU is sitting at about 140. I saw it get as high as 185.

I checked the temperatures in the BIOS and they read as much lower. 80-90 to be exact. So what could be causing this discrepancy? And how do I cool my computer down now that I've got this case?

Pic unrelated. It's my pet frog.
>>
Anyone know how i messed up my pc? I had to move it, got everything nice and tightin anti static bubblewrap, put it back together and it's being shit. The pc turns on, all fans spin, but there's no video output. I tried connecting the motherboard directly to the monitor, but it's not showing anything either. Maybe that's cause it's using a db9 plug, which I convert to a vga and then to the monitor. Pls help.
>>
Thinking about getting the thinkpad x201 (which is cheaper than the x220 but seems roughly similar in terms of performance) as a replacement for my thinkpad t61 which is sold earlier, it also doubles as a netbook replacement due to the subnotebook form factor. I'd basically only do some light browsing/watching movies and playing old games on it. Thoughts?
>>
File: 1505243366755.jpg (485KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1505243366755.jpg
485KB, 1080x1080px
Hey dudes, I'm just trying to learn PHP atm. I'm having some trouble with Laravel.
>>
Today I turned my PC on and this icon suddenly appeared, the middle one.
I've never seen it before, what does it do or mean?
>>
>>62392190
why do good threads show up always when Europe is asleep? I am European myself but this seems the best time to actually discuss things on /g/. it's 2AM here
>>
>>62397453
It's getting late in the US too. ~8:30 on the American eastern side. All the children and mobilefags here are posting less since it's gotten dark out.
>>
File: 1489953090963.png (20KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1489953090963.png
20KB, 320x213px
If this is a circuit to subtract two 1-bit digits, how can it be designed to support two 2-bit digits subtracting?
>>
>>62397697
would be my favourite time to post, I fucking can't stand the x btfo by y posts anymore
>>
File: cosplay.loli.tomoko.0.jpg (108KB, 626x1099px) Image search: [Google]
cosplay.loli.tomoko.0.jpg
108KB, 626x1099px
Does carpentry count as technology?
>>
>>62397806
Pic unrelated?
Carpentry is /diy/'s department more than here. Custom built speaker enclosures would work though, as long as you're willing to post the math used to get the dimensions.
>>
Can someone recommend me a mp3 player that isn't made by apple? I'd prefer sd/microsd support but it isn't a must have.
>>
lga1155 i5

i need a new cooler since my current shit doesn't appear to be working. is the hyper 212+ still the best?
>>
File: 1018201630159PM_635_Honor_6x_.jpg (35KB, 635x476px) Image search: [Google]
1018201630159PM_635_Honor_6x_.jpg
35KB, 635x476px
for someone who just uses a phone to call and text and sometimes watch videos is buying a huawei a good idea?

my dad needs an unlocked phone, under 200 usd~, to replace his 1st gen moto g.
>>
File: DEuRBLoUAAAaqNp.jpg large.jpg (182KB, 985x865px) Image search: [Google]
DEuRBLoUAAAaqNp.jpg large.jpg
182KB, 985x865px
Jesus christ /g/, please send help.
I've been spending all day trying to find an email client for Linux that doesn't completely suck ass and I'm coming up totally blank. Mutt is alright but it's a pain in the dick to view anything but plaintext, Thunderbird butchered plugin support and can't even minimize to tray out of the box, and everything else is either fucking 250mb+ Electron bullshit or requires you to install an entire goddamn desktop environment as a dependency. Trojita looks okay but only supports a single IMAP account for some goddamn reason.
Yes I mad
>>
Is there a way to force youtube-dl to save the highest available resolution of a video? It seems to only grab the 720p version
>>
>>62398198
try this?
http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/

Or just use a web portal like a normal human being
>>
What is going on with my internet? I have a line that comes in from outside, goes to a splitter, than two lines come off that. One to the cable, one to the internet. Some days, it's completely fine. Other days, the internet flat out doesn't work at all. In order to reset it, I have to unscrew the cable going into the internet modem, unplug the power from the modem, wait 10 seconds and put them back in. Or, what also works is replacing the cable that goes from the splitter to the modem. When I put a different cable on, it comes back strong for hours but then craps out again. Then I switch cables and it comes back.

Any ideas what's going on here? At my wits end with this.
>>
>>62398260
yes,with a switch
>>
>>62398288
...and that argument switch iiiiisss?
>>
>>62398314
the one you find for your self after reading the manual or fucking googling
>>
What's the cheapest (as in typical ebay sale price) Mac that can run Sierra? I do iOS dev on a hackintosh and I need a backup in case they start blocking macks from submitting apps/some other issue. (Also, a lot of hackintosh tools assume you have a real Mac to bootstrap from and I don't want to get stuck.)

My own research suggests that a Macbook Air from Mid 2010 to 2012 or so is my best bet. Pretty slow, but it would work in a pinch.

I don't plan to use it often so I don't want to spend much.
>>
>>62398328
Just answer the question cockass, you think I haven't read the documentation? There's like 90 pages of arguments.
>>
>>62398275
Thanks for the rec, it seems alright so far. I use 6 different accounts across different hosts for reasons so it's sort of clunky to manage all of them through a browser.
>>
File: mkv.png (38KB, 1256x604px) Image search: [Google]
mkv.png
38KB, 1256x604px
I'm using MKVtoolnix Gui to split part of an mkv file and add audio & subtitles from an external file. However the resulting muxed file has no sound despite saying it contains the audio track. Same thing happens if I leave the original audio file selected instead- no audio on playback.
>>
How to monitor how much percentage is a process using from CPU.
>>
>>62398341
>>
>>62398420
You're a shithead
>>
>>62398427
You're an incompetent leech
>>
File: hdd.jpg (55KB, 624x289px) Image search: [Google]
hdd.jpg
55KB, 624x289px
I don't know much about computers. I have a laptop with no hard drive. I am looking for a hard drive to buy for it on ebay. The picture on the left shows what the hard drive in the tear down video for my laptop looks like. It is SATA type. The picture on the right shows the hard drive I might buy.

My question is: what is the orange shit called and do I need to buy some and is there anything else I should know.
>>
File: 1452492006129.jpg (393KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1452492006129.jpg
393KB, 1200x800px
Any video streaming which uses HTML (everything) does not work on firefox. Any ideas on a fix? Opera and Chrome both work but are lacking most of the addons I use
>>
>>62398684
I forgot to mention that it sometimes works, usually for the first 10 minutes that I start up the browser and then stops working entirely
>>
When will ethereum crash
>>
>>62398463
Eat my ass
>>
>>62398135
A smartphone.
>>
>>62398178
noctua and cryorig are pretty neat and I believe are better than the 212 but are a bit more expensive.
>>
>>62398181
huawei is pretty good
>>
I can think of no other place to ask such a retarded thing but here.

I bought this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VH3HO6C/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
along with a 1080ti. Naturally, being the retard I am, I didn't put much thought into it but apparently it has something called freesync which does some beneficial shit for AMD cards.
Will missing out on that since I went the Nvidia route be something I regret?

Hopefully there wasn't a better alternative for a monitor, I always fuck up on something when buying a PC and the buyers remorse sucks since I never have the energy to send shit back and wait for something new.
>>
>>62399452
no
>>
OnePlus 3T owner here. Should I buy a OnePlus 5 now or wait till something better comes along? I am most interested in camera quality as well as battery life. >4 GB RAM is a plus. 5.5 inch 1080x1920 or thereabouts.
>>
File: 1505139237178.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
1505139237178.png
643KB, 1022x731px
Question for any eBay pros here.

I recently purchased an item and the seller never contacted me. I messaged him twice to see if the item had shipped and now on the 7th day of no contact I went ahead and filed a claim through eBay support. Is it safe to go ahead and order the item elsewhere and assume I'll get the first order's money back through paypal? eBay says that he has until the 18th to "resolve" the issue with me but if he contacts me I don't want to give him my business anymore.

Thanks.
>>
The simplicity of my question should show how much of a beginner I am, but what is the best, and most rewarding programming language to learn?
>>
>>62398546
Disregard this post because i found the information i needed; i was wrong about the hard drive being SATA and the orange thing is a manufacturer specific ribbon cable
>>
>>62399976

There is no correct answer to those questions. The best answers will depend on what you are interested in doing with your code.
>>
>>62399976
varies from person to person but python is a good starting point
>>
File: 1499402877157.png (35KB, 452x138px) Image search: [Google]
1499402877157.png
35KB, 452x138px
Questions about firefox

Why do gifs have such bad aliasing?
Why is the text so pixelated (not smooth)?

Using the nightly version
>>
>>62400061

That's my impression of it so far.

>>62399991

I know its a vague answer but making web apps sounds like something.
>>
Do you guys still use chan thread watch? If not, what do you use nowdays?
>>
I wanna upgrade my I5-4460 to a I5-4690k.

Any tips about buying used CPUs?
>>
>>62392190
Reposting this.
One of the fans in my PC got a little louder for the past couple of months. I dusted things out but it's still about the same. Should I be worried? I mean, if it's just noise then I'm not going to worry.

Is there a way to turn off fans temporarily from the computer?
>>
What can I do to make my dorm internet less shitty? Currently using phone for wifi on my desktop (ethernet is not an option)
>>
My gpu can't pick up my moniyor or tv signal, the fan is working though, the card gets hot a little, not gaming hot but as if it works

Yesterday in the morning the screen went black bit green sometimes, but then worked fine upon restarting the whole day, even playing video games

What is the prob
>>
Problem with Windows 10 on laptop:
I connect to wi-fi network. It connects, but it says "No Internet, Secured". It cannot get an IP address from the router (any router, it does this for all wi-fi networks I connect to)
This happened after a windows update (I think the Creators Update caused this)
Uninstalling and reinstalling the network card drivers didn't work
Disabling firewall didn't work
Assigning static IP address didn't work
I've noticed that the DHCP Client service is causing constant 100% CPU usage, causing a full battery that should last all day to die in less than an hour. I think this is related.
The wireless adapter is an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
Any ideas on how to fix this that doesn't involve resetting the PC?
>>
>>62392190
/Telegram$ sh Telegram
Telegram: 1: Telegram: cannot create �j�@h��@8: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character
Telegram: 1: Telegram: ELF: not found
Telegram: 12: Telegram: Syntax error: ")" unexpected

what is this? what to do?
>>
I've been learning LaTeX lately and I have to ask: other than making formula sheets or things with weird formatting. What's the point of creating documents this way? Why should creating a document take as long as making a webpage? It just seems horribly inefficient to me.
>>
>Bought new charger
>Laptop touchpad becomes funky when i connect it
Should i be worried?
>>
>>62400360
the upgrade is not worth it
>>
Adblock Plus not blocking ads anymore. Tried on chrome and firefox.
>>
>>62401079
Change to uBlock Origin.
>>
>>62401107
Also not working.
>>
>>62401160
Run Adwcleaner.
>>
QMMP ends some songs a few seconds before they're supposed to end. How do I fix this?
>>
>>62401171
What? I want ads blocked whenever I open some Youtube video. How can I clean something which is not even dirty yet. I want it to not get dirty.
>>
>>62401291
Cleaning something clean wont get it dirty anon.

Still you are getting ads for a reason even over ublock origin.
>>
>>62401300
Yes and I asked what to do about that. I get ads in browsers.
>>
>>62401363
And i told you what to do.
>>
>>62401367
OK I did that, it finished, crashed, and opened scan results in word document.
>>
>>62401392
Do it again, it shouldn't crash.
When it opens the word document click clean.
>>
>>62395714
It's called a title. You can't disable titles from popping up, but you can write a script to remove all titles from elements in a page and run it with Greasemonkey on load or something
>>
>>62397327
There's a learning curve for sure if you're new to PHP and/or Laravel
>>
In Gnome can I hide the top bar behind the desktop, and have it visible when I click the super key?
>>
>>62400889
I'm currently running a system restore, will see it this works....
>>
>>62401400
Done. Still ads.
>>
>>62401631
Download Microsoft Autorun.
Open autoruns64.exe.
Click file and open as admin.
Post Logon tab here.
>>
File: C0PmeP5UsAAfQos.jpg (64KB, 743x416px) Image search: [Google]
C0PmeP5UsAAfQos.jpg
64KB, 743x416px
I just had to restore my phone to stock, Google Nexus 5, any suggestions on what ROM to flash to?
I've been using AOKP, though wouldn't mind trying something else.
>>
File: Unaaaatitled.png (60KB, 785x440px) Image search: [Google]
Unaaaatitled.png
60KB, 785x440px
>>62401654
>>
>>62401751
>ESET
>cmd at start
Run malwarebytes.

By any chance yo have chronium instead chrome?
>>
My romie roomates dont like my torrenting (even with a working QoS + VPN setup) so i bought a firedick and put Kodi on it. Theyre cool with streaming wtf.
How can I make Kodi suck less? Its shit tier steaming 3/4 tries. Is there a way to filter to just HD streams? Used Ares Wizard on Krypton stable.
>>
>>62402009
Because streaming video that is compressing as fuck wont use a lot of bandwith.

Also learn to set up a scheduler if you want to torrent with people in the same network.
And fuck seeding.
>>
What's the best external I can get for $160 or less? 3tb is optimal but 2tb is fine too.
>>
>>62401783
Chrome. Plus tried on firefox.
You want me to install whole malwarebytes, not just adwcleaner?
>>
>>62402052
>doesnt answer question
>no do this instead
thx bruv
>>
Do old laptop batteries leak or pop eventually?
>>
>>62402086
Yes, because there is something loading ads in your browser.
Already checked extension section i assume?
>>
>>62402114
Checked.
I don't understand how something can load ads in my browser. Websites load ads. Browser extensions block them from loading. But ok, I'll install malwarebytes.
>>
>>62402185
Adware can do it, and often.
That stuff that comes with some software install, those boxes you always need to uncheck.
>>
I want to rip videos from porn streaming sites for download, whats the most efficient way to go about this?
>>
>>62401629
System restore to well before it stopped working didn't fix the problem. Still won't resolve an IP address and DHCP service is still causing the CPU to run at 100%. I'm afraid that even a full reset won't fix the problem either and that the wireless adapter is physically defective. Hold me /g/ ;__;
>>
>>62402229
youtube-dl works sonetimes. gl hf :^)
>>
>>62402248
I meant DHCP client service. Does anyone here know if there's a way to manually configure the settings of this service? Maybe there's a way to fix the problem that way.
>>
>>62402229
Video Download Helper.
Shit works till it needs conversion.

Use youtube-dl and paste ffmpeg.exe on the folder you have it saved.
>>
>>62402202
Definitely not that. It's local ads really. It's ads for some service in my local town.
I just don't understand how the blocking was working like few weeks ago.
>>
>>62402329
Well then outside going in ublock origin settings and adding more filter lists i cant think of anything else.
>>
Can I remove the active hours on Windows 10?
>>
>>62402338
I just want to know why it wasn't happening before.
>>
>>62397307
>I got a new case because the components inside it got too hot
>>
how to filter " wh*te " without the * used as wild card?
>>
For some reason the volume keeps going down from around 50% to 38% every once in a while. Does this have something to do with the headphone jack or is it a software problem? I'm on Linux Mint.
>>
File: converter.jpg (23KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
converter.jpg
23KB, 450x450px
Are cd-rom hdd conversions as good as regular hdds?
>>
>>62402681
A little wobbly and the speed can be fucked if you cheap out/get screwed.
>>
does this still hold true? Can OLED and IPS display true black, or is it still the grey-ish black of LCDs?
>>
Is the SSD of an HP Spectre 13 accessible? I need to back up the files on it before I wipe the whole thing because the wifi died. There's no ethernet or USB ports on this thing so the only way I can access the files is by taking out the physical drive.
>>
>>62402828
Yes.
>>
Build a I5-7600k build or wait for I5-8600K?
>>
Can't boot into safe mode. It gets stuck when it is loading files in a list from top to buttom.
Is this some new microsoft meme?
>>
>>62402897
>It gets stuck when it is loading files in a list from top to buttom
stupid micro$oft, loading things in descending order. lulz.
>>
>>62401783
Hey nice meme bro. Malwarebytes is shit, turning on web-protection and it says "starting...".
>>
>>62402918
No, I'm serious. ESET wants to be uninstalled in safe mode. Cannot enter safe mode. *clap-clap*
>>
>>62402885
You wouldn't be able to tell the difference. If you need a computer now, go for what's available. If not, wait.
>>
>>62402885
Get R5 1600 instead.
>>
File: 2017-09-07 19.14.29.jpg (1MB, 1966x3495px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-07 19.14.29.jpg
1MB, 1966x3495px
How the FUCKING SHITBOX do I get this CUNT Zebra LP-2844-Z to work with eBay?

>Prints default size jobs fine.
>Won't print eBay USPS labels when you tell eBay that it's a LP-2844-Z
>Prints 15% and then stops

Pic related, it only prints that much, and then spits it out.
>>
File: coord.png (58KB, 646x506px) Image search: [Google]
coord.png
58KB, 646x506px
what is the font used in this picture? where it reads "Top: Y = 0", "Right: X = SCREEN_WIDTH", etc
>>
File: windows-10-snooze-updates.jpg (55KB, 1364x410px) Image search: [Google]
windows-10-snooze-updates.jpg
55KB, 1364x410px
without installing the update, how can i stop these prompts coming up all the time while i'm working or playing a game?

WITHOUT installing the update.
>>
I cant get my fucking laptop trackpad to work on boot. I need to go into terminal and type

sudo modprobe -r psmouse
sudo modprobe psmouse proto=imps

it works beautifully then. But when I reboot it doesnt fucking work again.

how can I make it stick? using niggbuntu 17.10 because its the only distro that loads on Apollo Lake chinkbook
>>
>>62393282
Csgo works under Linux without any issues
>>
In a market for SSD for my laptop, to replace the old hdd.
What are my options? I don't care about size, even 32GB would be enough for me but they don't make those anymore..
I think I want the best speed and reliability so It'd be better to get a "high end" model with low capacity to keep the price down. keep in mind I'm looking for a 2.5' sata model.
So, how does Adata sx930 compare against samsung's 850 evo? What other options do I have in the ~$100 ballpark?
>>
>>62404081
add psmouse.proto=ipms to your kernel command line. On debian that is GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub
And then update-grub to regenerate your grub config.
>>
I could kiss you m8. that worked perfectly.

thanks man - no amount of googling would have ever given me that answer. trust me its been days.
>>
>>62402828
OLED can do true black, but IPS cannot
>>
How come my facebook messenger and other apps pop notifications even if I shut them off holding O and swiping away on my android phone?
>>
>>62402885
lol
>>
i know some javascript what should i do for getting 5$ month salary?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170913-101717.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170913-101717.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
I changed my font in lineage 13 to MS segoe ui and now I get this shit on the lock screen clock. Any idea what might be wrong or I could do?
>>
Is there a way to put a password on launching a Steam game? I tried the family view thing but it doesn't work, I guess I'll need to put a password on the game's exe somehow, is there a way to do it without external programs?
>>
I'm writing a diploma about privacy and shit online.
But I dont have any inspiration atm. Do oyu guys have any sites i could read up on that? How can I do like 40 sites about this?
>>
What options do you suggest I check during Windows 7 Embbeded installation?
>>
>>62400956
Are you new to linux? Just run ./Telegram
>>
Recently switched to a new computer. I need ms word and ppp for stuff. Still have it on my old work laptop but I stored it away and cba to use it or buy it all again when i already bought it several times in the past. So I want to download it for free. How well does that work, grabbing it on piratebay or similar? Any issues with those?
>>
Are there any tradeoffs for picking an AMD GPU over an NVIDIA one, in terms of compatibility/power consumption? Will be using it for moderate gaming and neural network programs on tensorflow.
>>
What is the best way to stream twitch? It's impossible to stream it on my browser-buffers too much.
>>
Is it worth to buy a 1080 now?
>>
This is probably a very stupid question... But will any old lightning port to HDMI adaptor work for an old MacBook air? I'd like to watch Amazon prime stuff on my tv.
>>
File: gtQ9NAgnSwqQTmVt-iN8DA.png (64KB, 1365x81px) Image search: [Google]
gtQ9NAgnSwqQTmVt-iN8DA.png
64KB, 1365x81px
This shit won't hide all of the sudden when in fullscreen mode - playing vidya or watchin YT.

How do I fix it? I just werked before, must've pressed some shortcut I guess
>>
Cat dropped my phone, there's visible at an angle and when bright horizontal scratch but the touch screen works. Its most likely the protective glass isn't it?
>>
Lately the touchpad on my laptop stops responding. The keyboard and clicking still works but I am unable to move the mouse for a while. No major changes that I can think of have been done, any idea where I should look? I think it may be linked to my disk being at 100% in task manager
>>
File: file.png (315KB, 1262x620px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
315KB, 1262x620px
some audioperson tell me what the noise at the top is

it's a freshly ripped cd and accuraterip said it's accurate

(ripped three other cds without the noise, and ripped this same cd a few times more for another reason and it always had the noise in all tracks)
>>
I need an external hard drive to store data I don't need every day. Any suggestions in 2-4 TB range or are they all the same?
>>
File: ss (2017-09-13 at 01.17.08).png (900B, 169x39px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-09-13 at 01.17.08).png
900B, 169x39px
How do i cut down my bios time? Pic related is current times.
>>
How do I stop excel from turning an (R) into a ®. Preferably without having to change settings.
>>
>>62405764
Why would you? How could that possibly bejefit you significantly
>>
>>62405841
It used to boot faster than this. I just want old speeds back.
>>
File: thanks.png (31KB, 919x425px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.png
31KB, 919x425px
Can someone recommend a good anti-virus that's free? I'd check the wiki BUT ITS FUCKING DOWN.
>>
Are HTML/CSS/JS certs worth the money?
>>
>>62405865
windows defender
>>
>>62405865
Common Sense 2017 just got updated, it's pretty stable at the minute and I haven't had any issues in ages using it.
>>
>>62405913
>>62405908
These are what I'm using right now. Maybe my computer is just running slower because I haven't maintained my start-up apps and shit in a while. Literally the only reason I'm worried at all is that I'm pretty sure my older brother uses my computer to look at porn adn I don't trust him to care enough about my computer to watch what websites he's going to and to have enough common sense not to deactivate my scriptblocker and shit. I usually would have reformatted a couple months ago so maybe I'm just not used to having a computer with this much passive shit slowing it down.

Is ccleaner smart enough to not delete shit that I actually want/need if I run it? I haven't used it in ages.
>>
>>62405865
Winblows defender is good enough if you are not that stupid to believe that a .exe file contains nakkid photos of harry poter.
You can always download some esset or kaspersky trial and search for keys in the net. They usually work several months and then you have to do it again
>>
>>62405972
MalwareBytes is still pretty gud, you have to uninstall it after every use now because it's retarded.

Careful not to get your brothers sperm on your keyboard btw.
>>
>>62405972
lel get your own computer. also, you need to be at least 18 to browse this site
>>
>>62406025
It is my own computer, I'm 25, my computer and the thinkpad are the only computers in the house. I'm not going to tell him not to use my computer when I'm going to sleep or whatever. I fap using my thinkpad because I don't trust windows 10 not to track my viewing of chinese cartoon porn.
>>
>>62406077
why does your older brother live with you and use your stuff?
>>
>>62406087
Because our family is poor and we still all live together. He's 28 and works as a gardener, I sometimes help him at work but my primary job right now is working at a gas station, though I want to join the Navy.
>>
>>62406103
kay sorry for my rude posts

you both work and I respect that because you are not NEETs. keep it up, I hope you manage to improve your situation
>>
Is it safe to delete the 100MB partition on a windows disk if you're installing grub as bootloader ?
>>
>>62404052
Use an operating system that ISN'T malware.
>>
My Nexus 7 (2012) shat the bed and I'm looking for a new Android tablet around the same size (7-8") used mainly for media consumption (books, movies web browsing, I don't plan doing anything demanding).

The nVidia K1 seemed like a great deal but it's impossible to find a brand new unit in EuroLand.

Any other recommandations ?
>>
Hey /sqt/
I've been having random crashes and BSOD for a while now, finally pinpointed the ram.
Now, I know I need to run memtest to see if any error pops up, but how do I proceed?
I have two sticks of 8gb, should I
> run memtest on 16gb of ram, both sticks in their respective slots
> run memtest on 8gb of ram (stick 1) in slot 1A, then run memtest on 8gb of ram (stick 2) in slot 1B
> run memtest on 8gb of ram (stick 1) in slot 1A, then run memtest on 8gb of ram (stick 2) also in slot 1A
>>
>>62405972
>Is ccleaner smart enough to not delete shit that I actually want/need if I run it? I haven't used it in ages.
It's not going to break anything if that's what you mean, but I'd recommend going through the options carefully because it WILL wipe out all the cookies, browser history, saved passwords, etc otherwise.
>>
>>62406746
Start with both, then if errors pop up it's time to figure out which stick or slot is the one that doesn't work.
>>
File: IMG_20170911_082111.jpg (55KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170911_082111.jpg
55KB, 750x1000px
>>62397307
take the cooler off the gpu and cpu and replace the thermal paste on both, get more fans also. the temperature discrepancy might be because of bad sensors on the motherboard, processor, or gpu. dont buy prebuilts, pls. your own computer will act how youd expect it to, because its your own. prebuilts are no bueno, companies will buy the worst possible parts and sell them for as much money as they can
>>
>>62406697

Why not something by Samsung?

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 was released 1.5 years ago and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 was released about 2 years ago. Not difficult to buy new anywhere in Euro.
>>
>>62406815
Alright so,
1, test both sticks in both slots, then
2, test both sticks, one by one, in the same slot, then,
3, test same stick in both slots

Alright. Will do. Hopefully it's the ram and I can easily get an RMA, really don't feel like buying an other motherboard
>>
>>62392190
These threads are very helpful, thanks for creating it!

Is there any Android app that takes .pdf files and puts the text in a readable format? I have several .pdf documents I'd like to read on my phone but it's really annoying to always have to zoom in and out..
>>
>>62406880

If you mean OCR software that converts scanned documents in .pdf into .txt files then these can have unpredictable results, unfortunately.
>>
Just installed Malwarebytes for the first time, it gives me two errors:
>Unable to contact update server.
>Unable to contact license server.
>>
>>62406906
Could I convert the .pdf into another filetype that would be suitable for such apps?
Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>62406945

It won't do anything if you're dealing with images in a .pdf file. You can try of course, maybe it works out well for you. But don't get your hopes up.
>>
Stupid question thread. Avast n avart are the same antivirus?
>>
>>62406970
Too bad. Thanks for the advice.
>>
what are those
usb 3-5: device descriptor read/64, error -110
errors I see between the booting messages and in journalctl?
>>
Hey, anybody here order the Sentio Superbook? I got a broken Xperia Z2 and was considering turning it into a laptop with the Superbook. Is it worthwhile? Garbage? Are there better alternatives?
>>
>>62396893
For me it's
moz-extension://228ff05d-be14-463e-9fb0-5f6494f66e33/dashboard.html

I'm not sure though if the guid changes with each update etc. This one is for the most recent pure webextension version.
>>
source volume vs. amp volume, specifically on PC with a Fiio to Sony MDR 7506s. What's the best settings? I tried to google this at length and I get no clear answer

3 most common answers were;
>100% source adjust amp
>80-90% amp adjust source
>doesn't matter as long as amp is higher than source
>>
>>62407586
always 100% source volume and adjust the amp. direct play mixes the audio, lowering the volume creates distortion. if you use wasapi with the dac, then the source volume cant make a difference because it is sending bitperfect audio to the dac/amp and isnt mixing. since it isnt mixing, it cant mix two seperate sources, so you can only play one source of audio at a time. no games+music. either audio api, use the amp. same for linux, whether using pulseaudio or alsa.
>>
File: windows10-laptop.png (144KB, 484x297px) Image search: [Google]
windows10-laptop.png
144KB, 484x297px
Here's a thread about a laptop. Help will be appreciated.

>>381242
>>
>>>/wsr/381242
>>
How much should I actively try to cut out services like Youtube, Amazon, and other "evil company" things out of my life?
>>
How/Where can one catch up with the wacky hijinks of Terry Davis? (TempleOS guy)
>>
>>62403126
How much time do you think i should wait?
When they are expected to be released?
>>
>>62405143
it's good enough for mostly all games. if you don't want to have to upgrade within the next 2-3 years get the Ti version.
>>
>>62408001
>>>templeos.org.
>>>templeos.org/Videos
>>
>>62395706
I would recommend a lighter version of 7. There's a much bigger chance of selling all of them if you have windows on them. Even if linux would perform better.
>>
sometimes when i open and play multiple folders through VLC, it opens in two windows. one window has the pause/play and other functions and the other window shows whatever im watching.

other times opening the exact same folders it plays normally in just one window

why?
>>
I can find countless guides how to uninstall the 'upgrade' to windows 10 but nothing about what to do if 10 came pre-installed. I would like some easy rollback like what you can do if it's an 'upgraded' laptop.
I would just make a clean install, but it's a laptop and I don't feel like horsing around with drivers.
>>
if i have a 53 kb image file and display it on a projector for class will it look bad? It looks okay on my desktop monitor. Is there a way to blow it up without it being blurry?
>>
>>62408739
it's more about resolution than size
1080p or even 900p would look fine no matter what
>>
Is there a decent calendar I can self host, that I can access from a browser, as in mywebsite.com/calendar

Preferably it would have a log in so all the world can't see it

Doesn't have to be fancy, I just want to note down things happening on dates
>>
Best antivirus and where to get it?
>>
>>62408864
just use Windows defender, malwarebytes, and an ad blocker. As long as you don't go on shady as fuck sites you'll be fine. if you have to use an antivires I'd recommend bitdefender.
>>
File: 1499577773884.jpg (21KB, 347x316px) Image search: [Google]
1499577773884.jpg
21KB, 347x316px
My mouse scroll suddenly kicked the bucket. I need a new mouse.

Any bros got a suggestion or one of those 4chan guides? I normally get it from InstallGentoo but it's down.

I vidya/shitpost if that info is needed.
>>
>audio source with USB type-B output
>DAC with USB type-B input

Seems like it should work in theory, but I can only find one place on the internet that even sells a type-B to type-B USB cable which makes me think this is doomed. Is it worth spending the 10 bucks to give it a shot?
>>
>>62408864
Comodo + Malwarebytes

Kapersky or NOD32 if you want to pay

Common Sense + Adblock always advised
>>
The ethernet port on my motherboard keeps blinking orange whether my computer is on or off. What gives?
>>
>>62408833
Looking around owncloud looks like a possibility, if anyone has experience with that
>>
>>62409164
Kek. Just uninstalled nod32 because someone here said Malwarebytes is better.
Also, isn't Malwarebytes shareware too?
Also, Adblock stopped working few weeks ago (Plus version, yes).
By the way why don't you mention anything about cracked software?
By the way is MB not enough so you mention it in a combination?
>>
>>62409260
nit him but malwarebyes is fine on its own if you don't click random shit. and use ublock origin.
>>
I'm running fedora 26, and i have a midi keyboard. Do you know any software that could allow me to play the piano with my keyboard and computer?
>>
>>62409260
uBlock Origin instead of Adblock.
I normally use MB in combo of something
>>
>>62409409
>>62409364
ublock also not working.

And I think I'll install nod32 again.
>>
Whenever I write, or look at examples of unit tests, it's all shit that is obviously never going to break. I feel like I'm doing it wrong. plzhlp.
>>
>>62409442
unit test are designed to see if your feature STILL works after you changed a lot of code.

of course they are going to work the first time you set them up (unless you are a useless brainlet)
>>
File: 1504241501317.png (260KB, 620x640px) Image search: [Google]
1504241501317.png
260KB, 620x640px
Can someone help me find the driver needed to run the i7 4790k integrated graphics card? It's supposedly Intel HD Graphics 4600. I need it for Windows 7 Home Premium.
Things to note
>I used to have it, I need it for my other monitor
>After the hurricane it crashed and the computer rolled back before I installed it, now I can't find it
>the ones I do happen to find give pic related when trying to install
>Intel Driver Update Utility does not work for this
>>
File: Untitled.png (24KB, 496x171px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
24KB, 496x171px
>>62409709
>pic related
Oops
>>
Why do HDTVs make such shit monitors?
The color is all shit and there are artefacts over text.
>>
>>62409912
They arent made to be monitors
>>
my headphone broke
trying to fix and there are only red white and black wires
i can get it to work but theres no sound in left ear
help
samson sr850 is what i got btw
>>
>>62409709
>>62409735
I fixed it by not letting windows attempt to fix errors on startup.
Didn't even install anything again. Very weird but oh well I am happy.
>>
>>62409912
>there are artefacts over text.
Check your video output settings and make sure you're using RGB, for some reason my PC defaulted to outputting the signal with some kind of compression and my text looked like garbage too until I changed it.
>>
My laptop's hard drive bracket uses no screws and I don't have it and the bay is barely bigger than the drive so I was thinking about stuffing the spare bay space with aluminum foil. Should I not?
>>
File: ublok.png (9KB, 158x414px) Image search: [Google]
ublok.png
9KB, 158x414px
What happen to ublock origin? It's fucked now for me and not blocking any ads.
>>
File: 1489209376025.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489209376025.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
so I'm working on a personal userscript that should work alongside 4chan X. in order to work it looks for elements probably generated or edited by 4chan X and it customizes them adding whatever stuff I need (for example the bookmarks icon in the top right corner or a UUID generator in the quick reply popup). everything works properly but I have issues when I move between pages or when I enter threads. I don't know if this is a slow internet issue but I have the feeling that my userscript runs slightly before 4chan X and it misses the elements generated by 4chan X and fails. what can I do to force my script to listen to 4chan X and wait for it? there are other 4 chan x companion scripts out there, what's the trick here?
>>
>>62409117
What mouse did you have? What did you like about it? How much are you willing to spend?
>>
>>62410143
>reddit
>>
>>62410143
>reddit
>>
>>62410143
https://github.com/ccd0/4chan-x/wiki/4chan-X-API
try the "4chanXInitFinished" event?
>>
>>62410076
backup settings
uninstall
install latest version
??? profit
>>
>>62410176
>>62410194
what an epic fail

have my upvote
>>
I modified the default Office Word document template, and when I run Word it's okay, but when I create a new document (right click > create new document), it's not the template I've made, it's still the same old crap.
>>
>>62409932
pls halp ;c
>>
>>62410207
Apparently it is on the latest version.
How can I backup the settings? The settings page and almost everything associated with the program isn't working.
>>
The GPU (internal) of my laptop died. Can I replace it or I should just take take the HD out and throw the laptop into trash.
Also, how much is replacement, the cheapest possible, and why can't I replace it if it's not possible?
>>
>>62410143
Look at execution order in greasemonkey/tampermonkey
>>
>>62410268
>replace
No, its soldered on to the motherboard
>>
File: uptime.png (538B, 158x19px) Image search: [Google]
uptime.png
538B, 158x19px
Is it necessary to actually frequently shutdown your main use PC? I've had mine one for about 20 days now. Pic related
>>
>>62410298
well 4chan X is 6th and my script is 10th. is this how exec order works? anyway a guy suggested me to use the 4chan X API since it is made for this kind of reasons. I just have to understand how listeners work in js now
>>
>>62410353
I guess that is just the order it runs them in, maybe it doesn't wait for them to finish before running the next one, so the other guys suggestion will probably be a better idea
>>
>>62410336
no
>>
Can 1050ti & mediocre i5 run oculus rift, If so, how well?
>>
>>62410268
Change mobo
>>
>>62410309
Please elaborate. That laptop has internal GPU.I have a laptop which has both internal and external GPU. Are the internal and external GPU of my laptop both soldered?
Lets say it didn't actually broke, but I want to connect external GPU to the first laptop, what should I do?
Are internal GPUs soldered on desktop PCs too? If yes, why? If not, why only on laptops?
Really, I don't care if the new GPU which I'll buy is IN the laptop or outside, connected with a cable. I really don't need portability, I just need a working device.
>>
File: blender_preferences.png (42KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
blender_preferences.png
42KB, 800x480px
I use Blender to create animations. To do this, I'll import sound files and analyze their waveform to sync the visuals with the audio.
However, Blender won't let me open/import any audio files at all.
After checking Blender's system settings, I noticed that I'm unable to select an audio device because nothing is listed for me to select. Usually, I'll have options like OpenAL, Jack, SDL etc. but instead I get what's in the pic.

From my research, considering I downloaded Blender from my OS's software manager and didn't compile by hand from some obscure source, Blender is built with support for Audaspace, OpenAL, Jack, and SDL. Yet none of these options present themselves.
This makes me think this is a problem, not with Blender, but with my OS. However, I have working audio in everything else, just not in Blender; so maybe there is some sort of go-between library that I'm missing that controls the interaction between Blender and my OS?

I'm running OpenSUSE Tumbleweed on Linux kernel 4.12.11-1-default. The only repositories I'm using are the default ones that come already configured in OpenSUSE as well as the Packman repository (a slightly more bleeding-edge repository). My most recent update was two days ago and this problem has persisted for a couple months now no matter which repository I download Blender from.
Is there any sort of configuration file or setting that I could be missing/misassigned that's causing all this?

Another thing that might be of note is that the portable version of Blender does not have this problem. I understand that portable apps usually have all the necessary libraries packaged in their own directory and don't interact with whatever version of those libraries you might have installed on your system. However package managers, the method I used to install Blender, also usually pull in necessary dependencies and yet this problem exists.
In the meantime I could and do use the portable version, but I would love to have this issue resolved.
>>
>>62410461
You realize I'm piss poor, right?
I've bought external GPUs which cost like $50 and run newest games smoothly on highest resolution. I supposed internal GPU for very basic usage, like facebook etc. is like $10.
>>
File: dell-xps-730-h2c-gaming-desktop.jpg (19KB, 320x348px) Image search: [Google]
dell-xps-730-h2c-gaming-desktop.jpg
19KB, 320x348px
i can't find this case anywhere

old dell XPS case, I think around 2008-2010
>>
>>62410143
>I just have to understand how listeners work in js now
you could post your code if you want me to look at it

t. black belt in making extensions

// todo: also check if it's already initialized
document.addEventListener("4chanXInitFinished", function () {
insertSomeButtons();
});
>>
So i can't connect my PC tho cable to internet, but my wifi is pretty strong enough for it, so my question is...
What is better? USB wifi receiver or a network card with Wifi function?
>>
>>62409932
:c
>>
>>62410419
480 or 1060 is the minimum for VR. And the CPU requirements are pretty high as well.
>>
>>62410499
But internal gpu is soldered on the mobo, no? Sell it as parts and get some shitty but working laptop with that money.
>>
>>62410551
I omitted the useless crap https://pastebin.com/8v8U6zNe
it looks like I correctly used the function? maybe? I don't know, I started javascript just yesterday
the script some time works, some time not
>>
>>62410742
Why not get externally internal graphic card? (same performances as internal, except it's external)
I won't see the parts. It's pure trash, 20 years old. If I could just buy new buttom performance GPU for $10 and get it running on it somehow.
>>
Hi guys, someone know how to bind a hotkey in Firefox to copy the page URL without focusing the address bar first?
>>
>>62410750
try this:
https://gist.github.com/epicgirl1998/66fdabcd8889ff676004c15efdbfe180
>>
>>62410905
if this is because you are too lazy to move the cursor you can just F6 + Ctrl+C + F6. or use AHK bind to just do what I said
>>
>>62410889
You could do that, but I think it's gonna be a hard time to find something for such an old machine, and it's going to cost more than 10bucks
>>
>>62410944
Yes, i want to do it with only one key
AHK it's a bit drastic i think, i tried with FF extensions like KeySnail but never managed to make it work
>>
New thread
>>62410980
>>62410980
>>62410980
>>
>>62410934
I'm going to study what you did and try this. If I have problems or more questions I'll try posting in the new thread since this is going to die soon. thanks anon
>>
anyone had experience with these £30 750ti's? really tempted to get one for my secondary computer.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GTX750Ti-DDR5-192Bit-DVI-VGA-HDMI-PCI-Expressx16-Dual-Fans-Graphics-Card-Hot/382220517904?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20140122125356%26meid%3Dc182696c461a4178a0c04159b03ee5ed%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D263200886954&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
>>
>>62410962
Might it cost $20. New mother board will cost me $150.
>for such an old machine
afaik all GPUs are compatible with all motherboards?
>>
File: Untitlexaxaxaxd.png (71KB, 852x322px) Image search: [Google]
Untitlexaxaxaxd.png
71KB, 852x322px
Is this some new microsoft meme?
>>
>>62411153
Eset is the meme also every other virus defender/killer
>>
>>62393857
yeah, just use removeWAT for windows 7, its the most reliable
>>
Explain to me pragmatically the concepts of
>Windows Updates
>VPN
>>
>>62392190
Why can't I stop masturbating when I'm at my computer? Do I need to update my drivers?
>>
How to download from bandcamp?
>>
>>62410619
Usb is easier to set up for good reception and is easy to install and us on a different conputer , but a pci-e card will have slightly lower latency. Both are good options.
>>
>>62412131
Mainly for gaming and watching videos.
I got slot open for both. And they are in the same price category.
Maybe i go for PCI-e then
>>
>>62400162
This is not a Firefox issue. Check your Cairo installation.
>>
>>62403503
This font is just called "System" and this is the 12 pt version.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.