[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people using this and calling themselves programmers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: python.jpg (46KB, 680x459px) Image search: [Google]
python.jpg
46KB, 680x459px
>there are people using this and calling themselves programmers
>>
>>62382064
(Me)
>>
>there are people who get worked up and make threads about it
lol holy crap, man
>>
>>62382064
but I thought they called themselves coders, OP, isn't that what triggers you
>>
>>62382064
im going to learn some python basics for networking
>>
>>62382122
No it isn't. Python is just not real language. All you have to do is import everything and than just use it. Pure garbage.
>checked
>>
>>62382064
The only decent scripting language. JS, PHP, Ruby are cancer.
>>
>>62382146
you might not be familiar with this, but python is in fact a "real language". it satisfies the criteria defining programming languages.

you might argue that you're not impressed if someone only knows python, and that's fine, but if you're confused about something factual like whether python is a programming language, it kinda makes you look like an idiot.
>>
I really don't care what I should call myself for working with Python. It actually code/program/use it for a living so I'm not really bothered what jobless Arch ricers have to say about it.
>>
>>62382146
>>62382179
owned
>>
>>62382146
Http://www.reddit.com/r/gatekeeping
>>
File: triggerometry.png (319KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
triggerometry.png
319KB, 497x732px
>>62382161
>JS
>PHP
>Ruby
>>
>>62382200
>double dubs
Who pays for this shit? Some diverse webshit startup?
>>
>>62382161
JS is the least bad option for web development because it allows you to limit the number of garbage languages you have to learn. otherwise, yep
>>
>>62382146
C is not a real language. All you have to do is #include everything and then use it.
>>
>>62382146
Assembly is just not a real language. You don't even get to import anything you just use it. Pure garbage.
>>
>>62382146

Python really is garbage, but not because of the reasons you mentioned.
>>
>>62382064
I get paid. It's good enough.
>>
>>62382064
>People using program language to develop software
>calling them programmer
Fucking no sens
>>
File: 1470722488159.jpg (19KB, 550x343px) Image search: [Google]
1470722488159.jpg
19KB, 550x343px
>>62382146
Yes, import everything and get shit done in a fraction of the time
>>
Yeah it doesn't make you reinvent the wheel for the simplest tasks and you don't look cool when writing toy programs for /dpt/ with it. It's a productive language (used extensively by both industry and academia)--absolute horror. Now, back to writing fizzbuzzes in Icon in /dpt/.
>>
Python is a genuinely amazing language. It's very much an "ideas language" where you can just focus on implementing your idea, and not bothering with the framework. This leads to Python being a great beginner's language and a swiss-army knife for a lot of use cases.

Any time I want to automate something (backups, weird niche sysadmin shit, etc) I use Python. Also, Flask lets me write useful webtools in very little time. Sorry you like reinventing the wheel everytime, OP. Sounds like C is your lang.
>>
>>62382161
PHP has a dark past but it's newer versions are better. You have actual interfaces and abstract classes and strong type hinting and Java standards but in PHP and you can drop down to weak typing when strong is not needed.

I wish python had abstract classes and interfaces and not that abc shit
>>
>>62382750
>used extensively by both industry and academia
[Citation needed]
Literally no company really uses this language.
>>
>>62382839
Literally every field uses Python nowadays. My sister is studying law and one of her classes was on using python to summarize legal docs. Or my other friend in BioChem using NumPy for some weird shit. Never mind that the math/physics field uses a ton of Python as well.

My job is literally writing Python software so your second point is wrong as well.
>>
>>62382228
If only you kids could stop caring so much about the post number...
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.