[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are EVGA cards any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: xdidhh.jpg (25KB, 461x461px) Image search: [Google]
xdidhh.jpg
25KB, 461x461px
Are EVGA cards any good?
>>
Aside from the 1070 VRM fiasco, EVGA has always been the best when it came to nVidia cards. Sapphire is the best when it comes to AMD cards.
>>
File: Dirt_1080p.png (61KB, 1295x1392px) Image search: [Google]
Dirt_1080p.png
61KB, 1295x1392px
>nvidia
It's like you WANT the most dogshit performance possible.
>>
they're p good and have the best warranty
>>
>>62376044
go away AMD shill
and I don't want to start a housefire
>>
>VRM explodes
You tell me.

>>62376050
>best warranty
That is Zotac.
>>
File: geforce_experience.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
geforce_experience.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>62376060
That's nvidias job.
>>
>>62376038
Used EVGA since the FX5900 days. All of the cards have outlived their usefulness. The only time I changed to team red was when the HD6990 was king of the hill. Currently on the 1080ti SC2 after the 780ti turned out to be a waste of money.
>>
File: 745.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
745.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>62376098
>>
>>62376044
amd is great if that's the ONLY game you want to play.
>>
>>62376038
No.
They catch on fire
>>
I've always been curious as to what the differences are between the different manufacturers. Is there a neat little graphic floating out there somewhere with all the details or do I actually have to look it up?
>>
>>62376044
>playing Dirt
>>
>>62376038
EVGA is the best for customer service and warranty. i always buy from them no shill. bought an asus card once but had to return it because i didnt realize it was too tall
>>
>>62376098
>GPU making contact with HSF
What could go wrong.
>>
>>62376098
why was this guy filming his PC turning on unless he know it was going to explode
>>
Gigabyte and zotac are just as good imo
>>
>>62376038
My gtx 770 oc from many years ago benchmarked recently just like in day 1... And I've used it intensively, they've always been known to package the Nvidia chips inside best shit available at their time.
>>
>>62376038
yeah. best looking cards, best warranty, best customer service, best addon features like step up program and extended 3 year warranty. if your gpu breaks but is no longer in production e.g. if you had a 970 but it broke in warranty they'll send you the closest current gen gpu based on the value of the 970 e.g. a 1060.
>>
>>62376041
>Sapphire is the best when it comes to AMD cards

Isn't Sapphire like, out of business?
>>
File: 1489524830479.jpg (5KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1489524830479.jpg
5KB, 249x249px
>>62376208
None. There are no differences. They all have the exact same GPUs, the only difference is the cooling solutions. Every company has models with good coolers, every company has models with shitty coolers.

Just like RAM, the manufacturer literally does not matter. GPUs are commoditized.
>>
>>62376044
AMD really shit the bed with VEGA especially with performance per watt, there is really no point in buying AMD at this point unless they release some magical drivers that rev up those cards to good performance

t. amd shill and fanboy with 1800x
>>
>>62376784
That's not entirely true. There are also differences in warranty, customer support, and bundled software. These are all areas EVGA excels at. GPUs themselves, the chip embedded in the board, are standardized. Graphics cards can be quite different.
>>
>>62376038
Yeah, they have incredibly bro-tier customer support and an amazing warranty
The coolers could be better but that's alright

Besides the FTW VRM issue, the cards are great. EVGA know they fucked up ordering the shit tier VRMs and they aren't going to make that mistake again. You can tell by the last couple coolers they made. I can tell there is some incredibly paranoid EVGA engineer running around slapping copper pipes and thermal pads on everything.
>>
>>62376038
My there was a massive surge that killed my power supply and 980ti
EVGA sent me a new power supply and a 1080 back no charges. Besides the 10 dollar shipping I had to pay for the power supply cause I didn't have a warranty
>>
>>62376038
Had an EVGA 650ti for the last 5 years. Still ain't planning on upgrading.
>>
>>62376038
They used to be trash, they were well known for popping capacitors on the reg, I have had a few in the past that did just that. I havent used EVGA in many years, theyre probably fine now
>>
>>62376208
I think currently the differences are fairly small all offer decent quality.
Not too much can go wrong between end of warranty and end of life.

In the days of liquid capacitors you really wanted a quality brand that didn't cheap out on the caps.
Especially when the quality brands started using solid state capacitors but the cheaper ones still used liquid.

I would pick a card solely by benchmarks (including noise) and features, rather than stick to any given brand.
Unless they are all equal, then go with ASUS.
>>
>>62376751
Pretty sure sapphire and zotac are the same company.
>>
>>62378047
Not even close. ZOTAC is headquartered in Macau and spun off from PC Partner. Sapphire is, and always was, independent and based in Hong Kong. The only real commonality they have is that they both do their manufacturing in the same city, Dongguan.
>>
>>62376098
Looks like the solder on the power pin melted immediately with that flash. Idiot shorted the pins out there on purpose that's why he's filming.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.