[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw feel so dumb and subhuman because I can't learn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: 1324690418001.jpg (54KB, 388x380px) Image search: [Google]
1324690418001.jpg
54KB, 388x380px
>tfw feel so dumb and subhuman because I can't learn everything
>don't know rigorous autistic proof based maths
>don't know computer graphics
>don't know how to make video games with engines built from the ground up
>haven't read 100 classic books
>don't know enough about or any of linear algebra, statistics and probability, logic, discrete maths, graph theory, series and limits, real analysis, complex analysis, quantum theory
>don't know how to make impressive shit through programming (bitcoin exchange website, programming language, compiler, interpreter, etc.)

>feel guilty if I focus on few things, feel like dilletante if I try many

>tfw I minimise guilt by spending lots of time on the internet to procrastinate life

My guilt is all encompassing. It's like I'm in the middle of the ocean and everything is a long swim away
>>
Nice blog, frog. Please fuck off
>>
Today you will learn how to make a text red in HTML (in a very hacky way):

<span style="color: red">Create new habits by small steps</span>
>>
>>62359159
computer graphics are done by transforming matricies into an array in memory which represents pixels on your screen.

the tricky part is the algorithm used to determin which points on the polygons go in which pixel. It's done with raycasting.
>>
>>62359159
Worship intelligence and you will never feel smart enough. The problem isn't with what you know.
>>
>>62359159
I'll start you off with classic books, too.

inquiries by herodotus
history of the peloponnesian war by thucydides
hellenica by xenophon
lives by plutarch
germany by tacitus
discourses on livy by machiavelli
study strada, montaigne, read dante and shakespeare.

in order. except the last line which you can approach at your liesure.
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
File: 1505021095365.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1505021095365.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
>>62359159
I've read hundreds of classic books, speak three languages, took all those maths in college + graduate school, and work for a Fortune 500 software company, but still felt this way for years.

Quite honestly no amount of material success will fill the void. The only thing I found that suppresses the feels are family. My wife and four kids are often annoying, but they're the anchor from which I find meaning in it all. They're the piece of me that transcends my life, which will end at some point. I do stuff now with them in mind and try to better myself so they can do the same.

Your journey begins today anon, go get >>>/fit/. It's probably the best way to start.
>>
>>62359386
fuck yeah.
>>
>>62359386
>spawn beyond replacement rate and be happy
get fucked
>>
>>62359240
<cite>ranjeet</cite>
>>
>>62359290
historiography is so fucking dull.

If you had to read Greek classics I would recommend Antigone, Oedipus Rex, the Oresteia, and some Aristophanes play.
>>
File: 1505009103245.png (231KB, 304x366px) Image search: [Google]
1505009103245.png
231KB, 304x366px
>>62359444
>oh no white man don't breed beyond replacement, that's a privilege that only belongs to third world refuse with an IQ below room temperature
kys Schlomo
>>
>>62359240

<h1 style="color:blue">Why the hell would you start him off with a span of all things?</h1>
>>
>>62359159

Don't feel bad, just pick something you like and roll with it. The truth is, most people in tech just get really good at one or two things, and have a surface knowledge of everything else. There is nothing wrong with this, you can have a decent, fulfilling career this way. Maybe a handful of people in each generation are actually capable of knowing everything tech related, and even they don't have the time to do remarkable work in every field of computing.
>>
>>62359569
t. kiddy diddler
>>
File: Consider Suicide.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
Consider Suicide.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
>>62359159
>>
>>62359159

>go to a psychiatrist
>tell him you have ADD
>doc will give you speed/legal meth
>go to a library for 8 hours a day
>??????????
>PROFIT
>>
File: 1409837582983.jpg (41KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
1409837582983.jpg
41KB, 500x403px
>>62359159
iktfb

>spent all my time playing video games
>tfw shit at them too
>>
>>62359890
But wont ADD drugs make you psychotic in the long term?
>>
>>62359890
Obviously you've never heard of Strattera. Learn and then kill yourself.
>>
anime website
>>
>>62359999
>>
>>62359993
Won't make you psychotic, will make you feel stupid when sober and gradually blunt your ability to feel pleasure.
>>
>>62359993
No.

It sounds backwards, but side effects are fixed with other meds. People have a stigma about this but that is actually the professional medical way. Also, meds always get better, it is unwise to wait until you're 80 and say, hey, if I knew they had __new _drug_name__ to cure symptoms, then I would have taken adderall!

>>62359998
Meme drug. People who actually have ADD aren't really prone to abuse

>t. taking 30mg adderall daily since 2012
>sleep problems are solved with meds in conjunction
>>
File: zimbabwe.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zimbabwe.png
1MB, 1280x720px
install arch linux. it has a graphical installer just like windows, but you'll immediately get a false sense of superiority because you're on a linux. plus when people see you changing directories via terminal they will think you are a hacker and thus very cool. remember to wear identity obscuring hipster fashion and post in the cyberpunk generals.
>>
Linux unironically changed my life.
>>
File: shit_drug.png (23KB, 1401x67px) Image search: [Google]
shit_drug.png
23KB, 1401x67px
>>62359998
You serious? Literally a meme drug that doesn't even work as well.

How about YOU learn and kill yourself.
>>
>>62360103
Arch has no live GUI, neither an ncurses installer. Only has an install text file with the steps to do: chrooting, choosing timezone, keyboard language and then installing the base system with pacman on the chosen root partition.

Liar.
>>
>>62360155
idk dude I installed Arch on a server last week and it had a graphical installer
>>
>>62360165
The Revenge Installer does not come on the official Arch Linux ISO. Troll.
>>
>>62359159
Don't feel stupid for being unable to do things. Rigorous is the keyword for math. You must practice to get better, its not something you "just get" because you have to learn the relationships of numbers and applications of mathematical formulas.

Computer graphics can be learned the same way, but you need to be interested enough to invest the time to learn these types of things.

Entire teams are dedicated to building games anon, it would be best to get good at one kind of skill if you want to make video games. (3D modeling, programming, etc.)

>he wants to read 100 classic books
>implying this is necessary for anything besides ego
You can get more out of other subjects for example philosophy (introducing critical thinking which helps with learning) or other things that interest you.

Those projects you listed aren't done by 1 guy in his moms basement. You should go to college if you can't handle self teaching.
>>
File: generated smug.png (39KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
generated smug.png
39KB, 128x128px
>>62360219
>>62360155
>archbabies
>>
>>62360117
for me it was Temple OS.
>>
>>62360329
can i shitpost on /g/ with temple os
>>
>>62360347
no... I was thinking about making a new torrent like protocol for trading hypertext comics and hymns.

I don't think standard http is a good idea for the temple.
>>
>>62360328
>>>/a/
>>
>>62360347
templeOS has no networking
>>
You need to do the same thing over and over again until you really know it. Requires high level autism. When you think you've gotten it, redo again. It's the only way. Repetitions.
Most of your time is going into basic shit. Only when the basic shit is in your spine can you really grasp higher level subjects.
>>
>>62360429
god said : thou hath no need for networking
>>
>>62360571
can confirm this shit.
learning compiler theory by re-impementing compiler for several time now
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.