[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point do you think population density and technological

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: EVOLO-SKYSCRAPERS-2-BOOK-1.jpg (378KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
EVOLO-SKYSCRAPERS-2-BOOK-1.jpg
378KB, 1200x800px
At what point do you think population density and technological progress will necessitate and facilitate the building of massive hive cities, concentrating industry and freeing the rest of the land for automated farming and mining?
>>
No idea. But I'm kind of inspired by the concept. Thanks anon. Saging.
>>
>>62359023

sage hasn't worked for years newfriend
>>
There'll be a mass extinction before we get to this point. Look at projections of population growth in Africa and Asia. Collapse is inevitable.
>>
>>62359338
>There'll be a mass extinction before we get to this point. Look at projections of population growth in Africa and Asia

I can't speak for Africa but I could easily see Asia being the first place to do this.
>>
>>62358795
Over 90% of earth's population growth is third-world people with insufficient IQ to build and maintain a sewage system or a paved road. If density reaches any multiple of what we have now, it won't produce massive hive cities, it will produce famine, war, and pestilence followed by a reset to the stone age.
>>
>>62359389
I meant more the mass destabilization that results. These "refugees" will flood western countries en masse, bringing their delightful little diseases with them. The system will be overwhelmed by sick, low IQ human garbage, and society will collapse.

>>62359421
Exactly this.
>>
File: 1442406087406.jpg (28KB, 650x178px) Image search: [Google]
1442406087406.jpg
28KB, 650x178px
>>62359421

I mean, the nice thing about going to war with primitives is pic relate
>>
>>62359448
>These "refugees" will flood western countries en masse

Only if we let them. Which we are. Fuck.
>>
>>62359471
First world military soldiers are a grab-bag of ethnic groups who damn sure won't be shooting their own. You're completely delusional if you think they will shoot the primitives in their billions instead of just killing the few smart people who gave them the order.
>>
>>62359541

So you're telling me /pol/ is right?
>>
>>62359602
>of all the words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these
>/pol/ was right again
>>
>>62358795
mass extinction/genocide will come before that
>>
>>62359602
/pol/ is completely schizo and demented, but they're correct about the future of the first world. It's written in Hegelian stone already. Nice first world comfy moral people will never become hardened to the realities of resource scarcity before population blooms in the third world destroy them.
>>
>>62358795
how does this design save any more space than houses on the ground, considering how far apart they are and it's fuckin hollow?
>>
>>62359677
It's hollow because it generates power using hot air rising through the tower to drive turbines. What's missing from the concept art is the hundreds of square kilometers of greenhouse at the base you need to generate all that warm air.
>>
>>62359677

It's just an example, do you like this one better?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.