[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Javascript is a meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: keksimus.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
keksimus.gif
1MB, 200x150px
https://hackernoon.com/the-javascript-phenomenon-is-a-mass-psychosis-57adebb09359

http://walkercoderanger.com/blog/2014/02/javascript-minefield/

>that JavaScript programmers have been mind-fucked into thinking that JavaScript is a good programming language. The president speaks of “mass psychosis” and “crowd thinking”
>>
name one language that just works™ like javascript

protip: you cant
>>
>>62355098
>name one language that just works™ like javascript
>
>protip: you cant
As much I think it is used way too much for other reasons than scripting, Python is the just werkz language.
You can paste pseudo-code ans expect it to work. (Hi scientists friends :) )
>>
>>62355524
Python 2 or python 3?:^)
>>
>>62355098
Haskell, Idris, Elm...
If it compiles, pretty sure it just works.

JavaScript on the other hand "just throws runtime errors™"
>>
>>62355552
Depends on which distro I'm using and which one is the default !
>>
>>62355083
ITT: retards who don't understand closures or function scope
>>
>>62355552
>The smiley with a carat nose :^)
>>
>>62355635
,';^)
>>
>>62355524

if me.hasAids():
usePython()
>>
>>62355667
Are you shitting this hard on perl too ? :'(
>>
>>62355083

if __name__ == '__main__':
runTheFuckingMainFunction()

such elegance
>>
>>62355098
>Need to throw megabytes of libraries at a problem to get anything done.
>Has to invent a new term to describe a "solution" the shitfest that is cross browser compatibility: Polyfill
>Community so fragmented you basically can't re-use engineering principles across projects because the framework-of-the-week is guaranteed to be completely different from the last hot meme.
>The language problems are so bad that massive projects are being undertaken to compile a more sane language into js (typescript, etc.)
Yeah. "Just works".
>>
Fuck dude. That's job security round here. I'm just tipping my toes into this sht because of some shitty back end configs between platforms. Goddamn I hate that shit.
>>
File: ugh.jpg (31KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
31KB, 460x460px
>there are people who haven't learned how to use just the good parts™ of ECMAScript
>there are people who don't know the joy of writing your own solutions from scratch in modern ECMAScript

It's actually a great language, but it's likely you're going to stumble upon references to old editions of it that are full of footguns.

>using var (with it's retarded function scope)
>using == instead of ===
>not writing funciton expressions like sane people do
>not enjoying possibly the best object system
>not writing code that does amazing things with higher order functions
>not steering towards functional code when experimenting
>>
> I built my career with JavaScript and now I’m so invested in the language that I contribute to spec proposals and write low level tooling for it.I’m predicting that JavaScript will die soon. WASM will make JavaScript obsolete. We’re a few years from widespread WASM adoption and once WASM can work with DOM we’ll see people migrating to strongly typed and more feature rich languages. JavaScript served us very well but it has a few very fundamental limitations that is very hard to go around without making it a completely different language and since JavaScript doesn’t evolve faster that WASM we’ll see JavaScript lose the battle to those languages that compile to WASM. I’m happy about all of this!

PLEASE GOD.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.