[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lol why is kde so fucking slow https://webmshare.com/EBNPa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: smuggle1.jpg (13KB, 300x202px) Image search: [Google]
smuggle1.jpg
13KB, 300x202px
lol why is kde so fucking slow

https://webmshare.com/EBNPa
>>
http://webm.land/w/xTtr/

LOL
>>
works for me
maybe upgrade you're computer
>>
>>62353632
The real question is "Why is KDE so fucking bad?"
>>
>>62354416
This.
>>
>falling for Arch and KDE memes
STOP LISTENING TO SLASH G SLASH
>>
What compositor are you using?
>>
>>62354212
You are computer?
>>
File: 06392948.png (188KB, 391x311px) Image search: [Google]
06392948.png
188KB, 391x311px
>>62356799
>>
>>62353632
Because kde went the won/mac way of providing a hundred deamons running in the background, which are supposed to help.
Instead, those fuckers add delay to many user interactions, usually need to parse/index many files in your system, they think they are smarter than you in choosing the best cpu power state and last but not least, they try to override system mechanisms in order to make things simpler...but instead break them.
On top of that we have that awful ui, which is also full of bugs.
I think the next candidate to become the true successor to kde 3.5 is lxqt.
>>
>>62357275
And yet benchmarks always have KDE in the lead?
>>
Is it time to write a new DE from scratch in Rust?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170910_170854.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170910_170854.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>62353922
Working fine here and it's pretty good if you ask me.
>>
His issue is probably trying to install KDE on top of arch. There's a reason there are distros specifically designed for a specific DE. Not that it can't be done, but there's probably more to it than "pacman -S kde" or whatever.

I'm betting he just doesn't have an OpenGL compositor installed.
>>
>>62358421
Nice. Are you running arch?
>>
>>62358546
It's Neon user edition.
>>
>>62358742
Have you had problems with okular or dolphin? I'm also running Neon user edition and a week ago my system updated and now drops to 10 fps or less whenever I use the hand tool on okular or when I drag-select any amount of files/folders. The weird thing is that everything else its totally fine.
I really like the distro but this is the only thing thats making me feel like I should change it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.