[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do normies hate bezel on their phones so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: s8-hh-1.jpg (61KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
s8-hh-1.jpg
61KB, 680x382px
Why do normies hate bezel on their phones so much?
>>
because the phone manufacturers tell them they should
>>
do you like bezels on your monitor?
>>
>>62350762
I'm indifferent to it, in all honesty.
>>
Phones as they are are VERY limited in design, because they are more or less forced into being flat monolith like things. Each looks the same as the last with little variation.

Bezel free phones, phones that curve, etc, show the absolute very beginning of phones that break the mold and start taking on distinct shapes or forms in terms of their touch sensitive interface. It's a baby step, but it's something.

For me the future will be here when:

a. touch interface bends and warps and crazy angles, opening the door for all sorts of things
b. screens no longer need to portray light to show coloured images

Because then tech will cease to look like tech and begin to blend in with nature.
>>
>>62350827

most normal people find them pig disgusting, it's no different with phones
>>
File: RCA_CT100-hd.jpg (90KB, 1199x1500px) Image search: [Google]
RCA_CT100-hd.jpg
90KB, 1199x1500px
It's because they're dumb normans, duh. Bezels are the true patrishon choice, my fellow 4channer.
>>
Something about muh bezels really gets my dick hard, I'm considering spending 900$ on a chinese xiaomi laptop for the bezels alone
>>
>>62350867
Just make a cardboard cutout and glue it to the screen.
>>
>>62350753
Fucking this 100x
It has nothing to do with functionally, It just looks cool on a marketing slide and everyone seems to have sucked down the koolaid. What was touted a good design by reviewers is now "dated" less than a year later.
This curved screen shit (along with taking advantage of carrier financing) is also causing a price creep because its harder to make.
Galaxy Note 5: 590 EUR
Galaxy Note 7: 850 EUR
Galaxy Note 8: 1000 EUR
>>
>>62351070
The price creep is because the EUR is going against the shitter against USD you idiot. Smaller bezels allows for a bigger screen in the same form factor.
>>
>>62351085
Small bezels sure will allow a bigger screen, but lets not regress to the 50s with the curvy screens, I don't see the curved edge of a screen to be actually useful as screen real estate and as for the price creep,
I just used euro because it was easy to find
Note 5: 750 USD
Note 7: 850 USD
Note 8: 950 USD
That is still a hell of a jump from version to version
>>
>>62350743
Because bezels are literally wasted space that could be used for a larger screen.
>>
>>62350743
The better question is, why smartphones prices are higher and higher while there is barely any innovation.

They ask you for 1k $ for a fucking phone and then they are unable to provide system updates on release date.

lel
>>
>screen glass - maked sure if your phone is dead if it falls face down
>glass back - makes sure the phone is dead if it falls face up
>curved edges - make sure the phone is dead if the phone falls on the side
Why not just make an explosive phone that blows up on a day the warrnty expires?

Fuck the gay shit i'm going thicc, check my 10000mah battery.
With chinks you win.
>>
File: 01_Galaxy-Note7_black.png (1MB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
01_Galaxy-Note7_black.png
1MB, 3000x2000px
>>62352760
>Why not just make an explosive phone
>>
>>62350743
ive just seen that phone on a kdrama and fuck thats a sexy thing i want it so badly
>>
>>62352617
This, not that complicated
>>
>>62351070
Note 5 didn't launch in Europe and wasn't officially available for months. Actual MSRP in the US (where it did launch) was $839.99 for the 64GB version. Note8 64GB is $929.99
>>
>>62352760
>>62352794
kek
>>
>>62352760
Seriously fucking this. I listen to various podcasts on my morning commutes to help pass the time, one that I was listening to recently was reviewing a bunch of new Android phones. They were raving about how "beautiful" all these glass backed phones are while literally in the same breath lamenting how easily they scratch and break. People are so fucking stupid, what happened to utilitarian and dependable devices? Now all we have are overpriced fashion accessories with reduced functionality that break if you sneeze on them and are effectively un-repairable. Seriously why bother with making phones look like jewelery when everyone's just going to admire it for five minutes before slapping it into an ugly plastic case and never see or use it naked again until they turn it in after two years to upgrade.
>>
>>62352760
>glass backs
What the fuck
>>
>>62353228
You can't have wireless charging with a metal back so the major manufacturers switched to glass back.
>>
>>62353228
Been living under a rock? Samshit changed to it with the S6 and now in 2017 everyone is doing it. Glass backs are so shitty that they still break even with a case on unless you have some kind of one inch thick Otter Box monstrosity for a case. It's so fucking stupid, and of course don't even get me going on the removal of features like replaceable batters, IR blasters, SD slots, and headphone jack. Now this year Applel is removing the fingerprint scanner.
>>
File: Galaxy-S6-Edge.jpg (22KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
Galaxy-S6-Edge.jpg
22KB, 600x388px
>>62353228
>>glass backs
>What the fuck
I had I Xiaomi Mi note pro with a glass backplate
After a year of use it had a crack on the screen, a dented frame and i finally dropped it so it hit the curb with it's back, it figuratively blew up with tiny shards all over the place and internalsentirely exposed.
I went and got me a rugged phone for 200$, my coworker who had a samsung s7 with cracks on the front and on the back asked me what it is and got himself the same phone next day.
>>
>>62353391
And then everyone around you stood up and started clapping
>>
File: 1498840094163.jpg (64KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498840094163.jpg
64KB, 640x640px
I had one of those really old Nexus phones with the concave curved screen and I fucking loved it. Then I went full retard and lost it.
>>
>>62350855
>most normal people find them pig disgusting

Rounded edges aren't uniform, they'll reflect light awkwardly and distort the edge of the picture.

That might be ok for a phone where you want to maximise screen space, and its a cute gimmick. But a monitor? I'd absolutely rather have a uniform flat rectangular image, with bevelled edges. As in all normal monitors.
>>
>>62353315
Doesn't have to be glass though they could use polycarbonate, ceramic, or carbon fiber to name a few. All would be more durable than fucking glass while still having wireless charging. Hell I'd love to see a phone manufacturer use that ceramic that Corelle uses to make their dishes with. I have Corelle dishes and those fuckers don't break even when dropped on tile.
>>
>>62353459
The dude was blown by the idea that you can actually buy a phone for 200$ and it is not a prank or a scam it's a real literal phone for 200$.

Mys feel good after having to deal with an expensive piece of samshit that got fucking cracks all over it.
>>
>>62350855
When you think about it, everything that is not the screen in your vision is part of the bezel.
>>
>>62352794
i thought it was an anti-theft technology.
>>
>>62353466
Nexus S or Galaxy Nexus
>>
>>62353315
FUCK WIRELESS CHARGING
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.