[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Satellite Internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: SI.png (9KB, 586x473px) Image search: [Google]
SI.png
9KB, 586x473px
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-omar-si-00

>Satellite Internet (SI) is a new technology that will allow travelers travelling overseas or in-planes to gain access to the Internet.
>SI works by using a space network of satellites that surrounds the whole earth, connected to each others using fiber optic cables, and have coverage areas that covers the whole earth without frequency interference

This man is either insane or a genius.
>>
File: terry.png (130KB, 325x234px) Image search: [Google]
terry.png
130KB, 325x234px
>letting all the data in satellites where space aliens can just see everything
>>
>>62350646
I thought they are already something like this? I clearly remember when I used satellite internet on Cruise ship.
>>
>>62350697
>they
*There
Fuck autocorrect
>>
>>62350713
Turn that shit off
>>
>>62350646
>connected to each others using fiber optic cables
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This doesn't even deserve a thread here. Sage.
>>
File: scr00001 (3).png (768KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scr00001 (3).png
768KB, 1920x1080px
>>62350646
Reliable and high bandwidth satellite internet depends on high-wattage directional transmission from the earth station, and even then the actual speed is limited by the speed of light. Also, what the fuck does
>connected to each others using fiber optic cables
mean?
>>
>>62350697
Were the satellites connected via fibers?
Y'know, over a total length longer than the diameter of the earth? Completely feasible.
>>
>>62350940
And they would also have to be curved too, because if the satellite is in a circular orbit and the cable is connected in a straight line to another satellite, then I can guarantee it will have all sorts of weird effects on the orbits of the satellites and they would most likely end up reentering and burning up.
>>
>>62350919
>>62350938
>>62350940
>speed of light in space: c
>speed of light in fiber: c/3
>weight of light in space: 0
>weight of fiber: 0.9 kg/m/mm2
Genius indeed.
>>
This is the same guy who "invented" IPv10
So clearly a genius
>>
>>62350646
>Is a new technology
3.5U
Such thing existed since 1999, it isn't publicly known, can't remember name of project...
I saw a talk about it, on defcon, maybe, or fosdem or ccc... Well it's not new.

Even few years ago a couple of russian hackers used satellites for one of their hacks. It's convenient, they can be tracked only as close as 3000km radius area
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.