[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how will C-ucks ever recover?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: Untitled.png (130KB, 929x486px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
130KB, 929x486px
how will C-ucks ever recover?
>>
C-ucks

What a strange hotkey
>>
>>62349543
>thanks to c we cannot have secure devices
stopped reading this jedi mind trick nigger shit

anyone who says "secure devices" should be hanged.
>>
>comparing OCaml with C
>writing "C/C++"
Yeah I think I can safely disregard what this guy is saying
>>
>>62349572
Fucking lost
>>
>>62349656
I agree. Do you really want the DRM on your computers to be provably unbreakable?
>>
>>62349543
>SEGFAULT
Is this new meme?
>>
>>62349543
>Pascal is better than C.
News at 11 guys.
>>
>>62349543
>POOCaml
You didn't even try
>>
Ok guys now name me 1 (one) Java vulnerability.
Checkmate athiests now show me bobes and bajeena
>>
Not many languages have an equivalent feature set to C to be able to replace it. Rust does, but it's still a little immature, and industry is slow to try new things.
>>
>>62349543
> call myself a programmer
> can't understand the basics of computer memory
>>
>>62351276

https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-93/product_id-19117/Oracle-JRE.html
https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-93/product_id-23642/Oracle-Openjdk.html
>>
>>62351276
You haven't been on the Internet in the 00s, have you.
>>
File: fpcgen.png (48KB, 478x392px) Image search: [Google]
fpcgen.png
48KB, 478x392px
>>62349543
Object Pascal is safer than C and a better language in just about every way (arrays, strings, modules, generics, variant records, simple objects, etc.), but it is no more safe than C++ when used correctly, maybe less. You still manage your own memory and RAII is harder to do and nonstandard. Its main advantage is that it compiles really fast compared to C++.
>>
>>62351276
the equifax leak of every adult american's SSN is also due to the poor security model of java
>>
>>62351438
Wow, this looks really nice. Why is it unpopular?
>>
>>62351619
Delphi was popular in its time.
>>
>>62351727
>>62351727
It still is in mother Russia
>>
C is awful for security though.
>>
>>62352334
nigga did you read the thread
>>
>>62351276
deserialization vulns
>>
>>62352290
Germany, too.
>>
>>62354344
maybe in the edgy-scene aka some dwebs basement but not in real life. germany is all about java
>>
>>62353699
Why are major OOP languages stupid about (de)serialization? It seems obvious that deserialization should be conservative and never produce live code by default. Is it a fundamental problem caused by Java, Python, Ruby, etc. lacking structs that don't allow methods?
>>
>>62349543
>some redditor screencaps his own post and posts it on 4chan
Go back
>>
>>62351322
>Rust
Not even the main developers understand that nightmare of syntax and i think all problems caused by C should be detectable by the compiler instead of having to rewrite millions and millions of lines with a new meme language. If C is struggling why not just do a modern revision and eternally BTFO those meme languages once for ever and ever
>>
>>62354693
>some redditor screencaps their own post and posts it on 4chan
FTFY. Don't assume his gender.
>>
>>62354985
> his gender
> sjw
Yeah this thread is dead.
>>
>>62354819
>i think all problems caused by C should be detectable by the compiler
Not on its own, because some things just can't be determined statically unless you encode them in the type system. And if you do, what you get is ATS or Rust or Ada, not C.
>>
>>62349543
>another fucking programming language that tries to reinvent the wheel
>>
>OCaml is a normal language
(not true, by the way)
>>
report all reddit threads
>>
>>62351276
The JVM is a big attack vector. And it's on every single device that runs Java.
>>
If C is unsafe, this implies Machine code is unsafe (since C compiles one to one with Machine code). This means that no code ran on a computer can ever be safe (which is sort of true, since we can't ever even know if a program will halt).
The main difference between C/C++ and "safe languages" is that safe languages have automatic memory management which can alleviate some security holes (except for Rust, which just has a really bitchy compiler). However it is not a panacea and can still be exploited, because even the JVM (for example) needs to use machine code to even use the processor. But in the process you need to pull in all the overhead needed to have that automatic memory managment.
>>
>some guy on reddit has an opinion
He doesn't even have more than 4 up arrows. Isn't that how you judge his worth as a person? He's nothing.
>C/C++
Clearly no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>62349543
>C/C++

Never heard of that language
>>
File: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.jpg (98KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError.jpg
98KB, 500x498px
>>62351276
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.